Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'll never complain about having a decent team to watch for once with everything else I put up with, but it can get a little boring sometimes.
    I turned it on and it was 7-0 Buckeyes. Walked out to the kitchen because I had some stuff on the stove. Gone maybe five minutes? Come back and it's 21-0 Bucks (LOL). It's Maryland, and it'll be worse next week vs Rutgers. Everyone has these teams in their conference, and on their schedule. Unavoidable. But there were plenty of solid match-ups yesterday where one didn't need to watch that Buckeye game. Even though Northwestern and Purdue aren't going anywhere, it was still a far more entertaining game to watch IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I turned it on and it was 7-0 Buckeyes. Walked out to the kitchen because I had some stuff on the stove. Gone maybe five minutes? Come back and it's 21-0 Bucks (LOL). It's Maryland, and it'll be worse next week vs Rutgers. Everyone has these teams in their conference, and on their schedule. Unavoidable. But there were plenty of solid match-ups yesterday where one didn't need to watch that Buckeye game. Even though Northwestern and Purdue aren't going anywhere, it was still a far more entertaining game to watch IMO.
    I kept an eye on it but watched more of the Minnesota Penn State game.

This Saturday is going to be even worse. I’d just leave the starters in Columbus.

And I have to say this, concerning the OSU-Maryland game, and maybe some see it differently (I don't know) ....

why do an onside kick - even though it was executed nice - vs a team like Maryland, so that it's now on tape? They just wanted to practice it in real time? Maybe another weapon in the arsenal that teams have to practice for? LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 11-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And I have to say this, concerning the OSU-Maryland game, and maybe some see it differently (I don't know) ....

why do an onside kick - even though it was executed nice - vs a team like Maryland, so that it's now on tape? They just wanted to practice it in real time? LOL
    Some rumblings that the source of the Chase Young news came from Maryland.

why do an onside kick - even though it was executed nice - vs a team like Maryland, so that it's now on tape? They just wanted to practice it in real time? Maybe another weapon in the arsenal that teams have to practice for? LOL
    Because every team they play from here on out will have it in the back of their minds.

8. Likes:

GAC (11-11-2019),Kilgore_Trout (11-10-2019),Revering4Blue (11-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Because every team they play from here on out will have it in the back of their minds.
    Exactly. This will force teams to keep their width during kickoff returns knowing that Ohio State has it in their arsenal. Reviewing tapes they saw that Maryland was susceptible and wanted to put it on tape for future opponents. I don't think this was a spite thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Exactly. This will force teams to keep their width during kickoff returns knowing that Ohio State has it in their arsenal. Reviewing tapes they saw that Maryland was susceptible and wanted to put it on tape for future opponents. I don't think this was a spite thing at all.
    Ryan Day is playing 5-D chess and everyone else is playing checkers.

Day is low key a top 3 head coach in America.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I have seen this being reported on multiple boards.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ryan Day is playing 5-D chess and everyone else is playing checkers.

Day is low key a top 3 head coach in America.
    The only thing that would concern me with Day moving forward is the same thing with Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma. The allure of the NFL. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see either of them on a NFL sideline in three years (and it won’t be an Ohio team)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Forgive me for playing ignorant here because I haven't followed this story that intently - but the source is not known, or been revealed?

Forgive me for playing ignorant here because I haven't followed this story that intently - but the source is not known, or been revealed?
    We MUST know the identity of this whistleblower!!!

Oops sorry, wrong board.

15. Likes:

GAC (11-11-2019),Roy Tucker (11-13-2019)

So he took a loan to have his girlfriend attend the Rose Bowl and paid back the loan by April. Wow, a whole to do about relatively nothing. Technically against the rules so has to be punished and as a result loses out on a potential Heisman. I would love to know who came forward to share the horrors of Chase's behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    So he took a loan to have his girlfriend attend the Rose Bowl and paid back the loan by April. Wow, a whole to do about relatively nothing. Technically against the rules so has to be punished and as a result loses out on a potential Heisman. I would love to know who came forward to share the horrors of Chase's behavior...
    Probably a jilted lover from his home state.

And by jilted lover I mean head coach.

Memphis fans are blaming Calipari for doing the same thing to get Wiseman declared ineligible. Ohio State could just ignore the NCAA and let him play and “forfeit” the games later.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Probably a jilted lover from his home state.

And by jilted lover I mean head coach.

Memphis fans are blaming Calipari for doing the same thing to get Wiseman declared ineligible. Ohio State could just ignore the NCAA and let him play and “forfeit” the games later.
    Good chance it ain't far from the truth. At least from what I'm hearing. A Maryland son, strong family roots there, who was heavily recruited by Maryland ... and rejected.

Good chance it ain't far from the truth. At least from what I'm hearing. A Maryland son, strong family roots there, who was heavily recruited by Maryland ... and rejected.
    I mean why does it really matter who turned him in. He broke the rules.

Seems to me like the NCAA could/should certainly provide interest free loans to athletes in need which would eliminate this situation all together. It's especially a shame that such a high profile and highly marketed athlete doesn't have the means for his girlfriend to attend a bowl game.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-12-2019),GAC (11-12-2019)

Turn Off Ads?