Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    just wanted to be clear...was not being negative towards Ohio State....Ohio State could compete and win in the SEC with the teams they usually field, but I think they are one of 10ish schools out side the SEC that recruit and play at a similar level as the top 4-5 SEC teams. When things are good, teams like Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, FSU, USC, etc. have no reason to take a back seat to any SEC team....but it is just the combination of Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, etc. all recruiting at the highest levels and all in the same conference. I know many WVU fans want WVU to end up in the SEC, and I always wonder why? From a far, it does not appear South Carolina is having a blast playing football in the SEC.
    Lets be honest, over the past decade it has been Alabama, Georgia, and LSU who have carried the SEC. Auburn rises up once every five years or so and the rest of the league is talented but pretty underachieving. Florida may recruit, but they haven't been a national title contender since Urban left. Vandy, Tennessee, SC, Missouri, and A&M have done little on the football field. Ole Miss and Miss St have been historically what they have been. The only time Ole Miss was good was when Hugh Freeze was cheating.

2. Likes:

jimbo (02-11-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...apping-charges

This doesn't look good...it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Good to see they have been suspended, but let's see how this plays out. I do think OSU did the right thing so far!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

5. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...apping-charges

This doesn't look good...it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Good to see they have been suspended, but let's see how this plays out. I do think OSU did the right thing so far!
    It’s gonna play out with them getting kicked off the team. Story is awful.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It’s gonna play out with them getting kicked off the team. Story is awful.
    I just listened to John Krakauer's "Missoula" and it opened my eyes to this. In general I am a wait for the due process to play out. In cases like this, while there is evidence supporting the rape, its difficult to get a guilty verdict because of a number of things. I think the suspension is the right thing to do, but if this goes to trial, I don't know how you ever reinstate them.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2020),jimbo (02-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I just listened to John Krakauer's "Missoula" and it opened my eyes to this. In general I am a wait for the due process to play out. In cases like this, while there is evidence supporting the rape, its difficult to get a guilty verdict because of a number of things. I think the suspension is the right thing to do, but if this goes to trial, I don't know how you ever reinstate them.
    I don’t care if they are cleared. Short of the victim coming out to their defense, there’s enough in that story that at the very least show an extreme lack of judgement. Playing football for Ohio State is a privilege and the bar for that is way way above reasonable doubt in a sexual assault case. I hope for their case and the woman’s case that this is way blown out of proportion, but they should be gone.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2020)

They need to go. It's pretty hard to dispute the evidence of a forced consent video with the victim crying while it was made.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2020)

Lets be honest, over the past decade it has been Alabama, Georgia, and LSU who have carried the SEC. Auburn rises up once every five years or so and the rest of the league is talented but pretty underachieving. Florida may recruit, but they haven't been a national title contender since Urban left. Vandy, Tennessee, SC, Missouri, and A&M have done little on the football field. Ole Miss and Miss St have been historically what they have been. The only time Ole Miss was good was when Hugh Freeze was cheating.
    Just for the record, it was OSU fans who decided to turn this into an SEC vs B10 thing. You're correct that LSU, Ga and Alabama have been very good. But also Auburn and Florida. Since you brought up the past decade, let's look at it. The SEC has won it all 6 times, including 3 different teams, 4 if you go back to 2008. The ACC has 3 champions, by two teams. As for the B10, it's OSU and no one else. The SEC has been in every championship game since OSU beat up on the overrated Oregon Ducks. That's domination any way you cut it for a conference
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 02-12-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Just for the record, it was OSU fans who decided to turn this into an SEC vs B10 thing. You're correct that LSU, Ga and Alabama have been very good. But also Auburn and Florida. Since you brought up the past decade, let's look at it. The SEC has won it all 6 times, including 3 different teams, 4 if you go back to 2008. The ACC has 3 champions, by two teams. As for the B10, it's OSU and no one else. The SEC has been in every championship game since OSU beat up on the overrated Oregon Ducks. That's domination any way you cut it for a conference
    Florida has not been good, not been championship caliber. The primary reason they have a good record over the past decade is because of the SEC East. I don't think they have had a legit championship caliber team since Urban left.

The SEC has fared well in the playoffs, but the reality is, it has pretty much been Bama or bust.

In today's game, I think there are 3-5 teams who have a chance to win the championship. But in making the playoff, a lot of has to do with luck and with the benefit of a schedule. OU can fall out of bed and make the playoff because the Big 12 is just so putrid right now. Heck I don't even think Clemson needs to wake up, the ACC is just that bad.

I am curious to see what happens to LSU. They had a remarkable season in which everything came together, and it took an outlier at QB to get that done. I wonder if LSU doesn't become like Auburn and takes a step back but rises every once in a while. I never thought Orgeron was a good coach, and want to see what he is able to do this year with the loss of Burrow, his OC and DC. He is a great motivator, but I don't think he will ever out-scheme any body.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...-football-team

Both Wint and Riep have been dismissed from the football team.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-13-2020),dubc47834 (02-12-2020)

Florida has not been good, not been championship caliber. The primary reason they have a good record over the past decade is because of the SEC East. I don't think they have had a legit championship caliber team since Urban left.

The SEC has fared well in the playoffs, but the reality is, it has pretty much been Bama or bust.

In today's game, I think there are 3-5 teams who have a chance to win the championship. But in making the playoff, a lot of has to do with luck and with the benefit of a schedule. OU can fall out of bed and make the playoff because the Big 12 is just so putrid right now. Heck I don't even think Clemson needs to wake up, the ACC is just that bad.

I am curious to see what happens to LSU. They had a remarkable season in which everything came together, and it took an outlier at QB to get that done. I wonder if LSU doesn't become like Auburn and takes a step back but rises every once in a while. I never thought Orgeron was a good coach, and want to see what he is able to do this year with the loss of Burrow, his OC and DC. He is a great motivator, but I don't think he will ever out-scheme any body.
    It'd be much more accurate to state that the Big Ten is Ohio State or bust. In the past decade, Auburn and LSU have won championships and Georgia lost in the final to Alabama. Those are 3 examples that the conference is not Alabama or bust. How many examples can you give me that the B10 is not OSU or bust???

Turn Off Ads?