Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

I sat in disbelief as the Bucks dismantled my Hoosiers. Not that I thought we would win, but I believed we would be competitive. I know its still early and there is still a lot of football. But so far this might be the best Bucknut team I have ever seen in my lifetime. Best of luck to you the rest of the way out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I’m not completely sold on OSU as a peer of Clemson’s and Alabama’s yet, but I just took them at 9-1 to win the championship. Just seems like a good value given the way they’re killing teams. Georgia and LSU have shorter odds, but it seems likely to me those two will have to get by Alabama just to make it to the playoffs. Wisconsin is good, but Ohio State’s road to the semifinals is just smoother.

At this stage of the season I can't objectively judge Ohio State, or any of these top-tier programs, as to how good they really are, may be. Not when you're feasting on teams like Miami(OH), S. Mississippi, S. Dakota, Citadel, and a host of other minnows scampering around in those waters the first 4 weeks of the season. When you're spotting your opponents 30-40 points, that's not much of a game. And it's certainly not one I like to watch (for the most part). I love the Buckeyes, and I love watching college football period, but I watched very little of last Saturday's OSU game, as well as Alabama's, Clemson's, etc. There were some other games on, worth watching IMO, that took precedence because the match-ups provided a far greater level of competition, viewing enjoyment (Unless you're Michigan lol).

Each and every week that's what I go for. I look at the schedule and choose those "must-see" games. Right now, there haven't been too many with the big guns IMO.

They need to expand the play-offs. The system is to rigged (political) for my liking.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I sat in disbelief as the Bucks dismantled my Hoosiers. Not that I thought we would win, but I believed we would be competitive. I know its still early and there is still a lot of football. But so far this might be the best Bucknut team I have ever seen in my lifetime. Best of luck to you the rest of the way out.
    You know buddy .... I really don't understand the Hoosier football program. And I've been following it for decades. Mallory fielded some good teams, but didn't really make much of mark overall. Is it that they just don't give their football program the emphasis it needs? One would think, in all these years, they would have made a splash on the national stage at some point. They seem to field some good offensive teams; but it's always their defense. Even some of the other conference's lower level teams have risen up on occasion. But not Indiana. Perplexing to me. And I would love to see them do it (for once).

Whenever I get depressed about my Ohia sports teams I think of my neighbor's next door, and it picks up my spirits.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I’m not completely sold on OSU as a peer of Clemson’s and Alabama’s yet, but I just took them at 9-1 to win the championship. Just seems like a good value given the way they’re killing teams. Georgia and LSU have shorter odds, but it seems likely to me those two will have to get by Alabama just to make it to the playoffs. Wisconsin is good, but Ohio State’s road to the semifinals is just smoother.
    I honestly think this is the year Alabama gives up the ghost and we have a new SEC team in the Playoff. My money is on LSU right since it seems like they finally got the offense fixed.

It’ll be the winner of LSU-Georgia in the SEC Championship. Alabama will lose to either LSU or Auburn.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I am curious to how Clemson will look this year. I think they may have a season like the 14 FSU team in which they were the defending champs, won all their games, but never really looked impressive in doing so. I think Clemson is a shoe in for the playoff because their schedule is very weak, I just don't know how that team will perform come playoff time.

I think the Pac 10 is out of the playoff, and ND with one loss should put the odds at them making it pretty tough. Its early, but all the talk about the SEC getting two teams in, OSU and Wisconsin may both be deserving come December.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I honestly think this is the year Alabama gives up the ghost and we have a new SEC team in the Playoff. My money is on LSU right since it seems like they finally got the offense fixed.

It’ll be the winner of LSU-Georgia in the SEC Championship. Alabama will lose to either LSU or Auburn.
    Could be any of the three, but all three of them have shorter odds than Ohio State to win the championship, and it's likely that only one of the three will even make the playoffs. Ohio State isn't a shoo-in, of course, but they're more likely to make the playoffs than any of those three (other than maybe Alabama).

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You know buddy .... I really don't understand the Hoosier football program. And I've been following it for decades. Mallory fielded some good teams, but didn't really make much of mark overall. Is it that they just don't give their football program the emphasis it needs? One would think, in all these years, they would have made a splash on the national stage at some point. They seem to field some good offensive teams; but it's always their defense. Even some of the other conference's lower level teams have risen up on occasion. But not Indiana. Perplexing to me. And I would love to see them do it (for once).

Whenever I get depressed about my Ohia sports teams I think of my neighbor's next door, and it picks up my spirits.
    Right now it is simple...the divisions in the B1G kill them.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2019)

Right now it is simple...the divisions in the B1G kill them.
    I took The Hoosiers and the points this week.

Of course I did it a few times last year too, and they burned me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I took The Hoosiers and the points this week.

Of course I did it a few times last year too, and they burned me. LOL
    I did too, I think? LOL But I am tired of having the Hoosiers cover, I want wins.

I did too, I think? LOL But I am tired of having the Hoosiers cover, I want wins.
    I don't see wins coming for IU. They are just in such a terrible situation, it will be difficult for them to do much better than 4th in their own division. Even if IU is run to perfection, they are competing in a division with three blue blood programs. You have a quasi blue blood program, and then you have a program that if they get their act together, has a massive local recruiting area to pull from in Maryland.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if IU and MSU switch to the west and say NW and Illinois switch to the East. Something like that could better balance the leagues out, and give teams like IU a fighting chance every once in a while.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-29-2019)

Pounding Nebraska 38 - 0 at the half.

This Buck team is scary good...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I said later that it was probably to light a fire under Fields. Just quoting what was out at the time but never said Hoak would be the starter, although he can’t be worse than what UK is running out.

Wake me up when Ohio State plays somebody.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Feeling good about that 9-1 OSU bet. I expect them to be more like 4-1 this week.

Turn Off Ads?