Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

I turned the game of a halftime (LOL). Pretty predictable result. Nebraska is one fallen program on hard times. The Buckeyes - just like Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and all the other top tier teams - is doing what they are suppose to be doing ... feasting on vastly inferior teams. It also, IMO, inflates (exaggerates) their offensive/defensive prowess. They're good. But really how good?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I turned the game of a halftime (LOL). Pretty predictable result. Nebraska is one fallen program on hard times. The Buckeyes - just like Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, and all the other top tier teams - is doing what they are suppose to be doing ... feasting on vastly inferior teams. It also, IMO, inflates (exaggerates) their offensive/defensive prowess. They're good. But really how good?

Clemson was a bad play call away from losing to a team that lost to Appy St last week. Not everyone is doing this.

We are making teams like Nebraska, Cincinnati and Indiana look awful, but they are all at least decent.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-29-2019),HeatherC1212 (09-30-2019),jimbo (09-29-2019),RedTeamGo! (09-29-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    There is more than one "expert" that picked the Huskers to win the West.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Clemson was a bad play call away from losing to a team that lost to Appy St last week. Not everyone is doing this.

We are making teams like Nebraska, Cincinnati and Indiana look awful, but they are all at least decent.
    Indiana was some coaching "mistakes" away from beating Sparty in East Lansing. Right now looking at schedules and the results thus far the Bucks should be ranked #1.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-29-2019),Revering4Blue (09-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Indiana was some coaching "mistakes" away from beating Sparty in East Lansing. Right now looking at schedules and the results thus far the Bucks should be ranked #1.
    I agree. You can't look better than OSU has so far this year. I think part of it is due to a weak Big Ten but that only means that OSU is winning by 40 rather than by 3 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree. You can't look better than OSU has so far this year. I think part of it is due to a weak Big Ten but that only means that OSU is winning by 40 rather than by 3 TDs.
    It’s funny because Tennessee lost to a BYU team that lost to my alma mater, Toledo, yesterday.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

Danny Serafini (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Lol, either you are a OSU hater, you aren’t actually watching what OSU is doing on the field, or you have no idea what you are talking about. Take your pick.

No reason for conference discussion this year. College football is even more top heavy than usual. There’s 7 or 8 solid/elite teams.

2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Lol, either you are a OSU hater, you aren’t actually watching what OSU is doing on the field, or you have no idea what you are talking about. Take your pick.
    Or it could be that Ohio State is essentially playing rookie mode on Madden against a weak Big Ten/non conference schedule to this point.

Don’t get me wrong, Ohio State will be in the playoff (barring an unforeseen loss), they’ll be in the discussion for a national championship, I’ll reserve further judgment until they play Wisconsin or Penn State.

Not to mention, Nebraska hasn’t been relevant since the Big 12 actually had 12 teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    No reason for conference discussion this year. College football is even more top heavy than usual. There’s 7 or 8 solid/elite teams.
    I think maybe there are 3 or 4 depending on whether Clemson is in that group.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-29-2019)

I'm certainly not disagreeing that Ohio State hasn't looked good. But you should against Florida Atl, Cincinnati, and Miami(OH). The only thing going for their other two opponents (Indiana, Nebraska) is that they're in the B1G (LOL).

Clemson escaped yesterday vs an un-ranked UNC. A majority of those "play-off" schools, including Ohio State, have really yet to be tested. So yeah, it's hard for me, at this stage of the season, to say how good Fields & company are. Only that they look good up to this point and keep it up.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It’s funny because Tennessee lost to a BYU team that lost to my alma mater, Toledo, yesterday.
    What does that have to do with what I posted?

What does that have to do with what I posted?
    Nothing, just found it amusing. Go ROCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Or it could be that Ohio State is essentially playing rookie mode on Madden against a weak Big Ten/non conference schedule to this point.

Don’t get me wrong, Ohio State will be in the playoff (barring an unforeseen loss), they’ll be in the discussion for a national championship, I’ll reserve further judgment until they play Wisconsin or Penn State.

Not to mention, Nebraska hasn’t been relevant since the Big 12 actually had 12 teams.
    I think Cincinnati is pretty solid, they beat a pac 12 team in UCLA that’s starting to look like competitive and destroyed Marshall yesterday. Also, Nebraska will end up with 8 wins at the min. Indiana was also pretty close to beating a solid Michigan State team yesterday and they got utterly destroyed by OSU.

And again, it’s not about who they are beating, it’s how they are doing it. I don’t think you’re watching the games.

Turn Off Ads?