Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

Re: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely try King Island and the aquarium.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Travelodge in Newport Kentucky has great entertainment.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-13-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

I think your 5 year old would love the Cincinnati Zoo you would probably enjoy it too. My grandchildren love the zoo.

This tour guide might help.

https://cincinnatiusa.com
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-13-2019 at 02:38 PM.

6. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The Travelodge in Newport Kentucky has great entertainment.
    that place closed years ago actually the Hampton Inn that's there now it's pretty nice
    Crazy Reds Fan

8. Likes:

Bring your kid through Lex on the way. Whens the last time you saw Commonwealth? Or the new baseball stadiu. I think youd be shocked at some of the upgrades weve done on campus if you havent been back in awhile.

10. Likes:

goreds2 (08-15-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Bring your kid through Lex on the way. Whens the last time you saw Commonwealth? Or the new baseball stadiu. I think youd be shocked at some of the upgrades weve done on campus if you havent been back in awhile.
    Fortunately enough, I make the trip to Lexington a few times per year. I’m surrounded by Memphis and Tennessee fans where I live so I’m in brainwashing mode with the little one. But we might just stop through because I can’t get enough of big blue. Thanks for the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I think your 5 year old would love the Cincinnati Zoo you would probably enjoy it too. My grandchildren love the zoo.

This tour guide might help.

https://cincinnatiusa.com

Thanks for the link and post. Will definitely use this and try out the Zoo.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I hate the cardinals.
    Hey man I hear ya. There’s times I hate them too, like when they put Mozeliak in charge and president to tank the organization.

14. Likes:

ochoa30 (08-13-2019)

If you have Diamond Club seats, they put out an excellent buffet about 90 minutes before game time. I'm sure you could call the stadium and find out specifics.
    I went once over a decade ago, but I remember it being fantastic, featuring: prime rib, pasta with shrimp and scallops, some chicken preparation, soups, salads, different veg preparations, fruit, fancy desserts.

Day of the game, go early and eat there.
    They'll also have all the ballpark options, too, so you can get a hot dog or chicken fingers if your 5 year old eats like most 5 year olds.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    If you have Diamond Club seats, they put out an excellent buffet about 90 minutes before game time. I'm sure you could call the stadium and find out specifics.
    I went once over a decade ago, but I remember it being fantastic, featuring: prime rib, pasta with shrimp and scallops, some chicken preparation, soups, salads, different veg preparations, fruit, fancy desserts.

Day of the game, go early and eat there.
    They'll also have all the ballpark options, too, so you can get a hot dog or chicken fingers if your 5 year old eats like most 5 year olds.
    Wow I didn’t realize that about the food options. We will definitely get there early. Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by STLWizard View Post
    Wow I didn’t realize that about the food options. We will definitely get there early. Thanks so much
    All your alcohol, and other drinks are free as well. There is a full bar in the Diamond Club. Once in your seats there are servers who will come to you. Any ballpark food you want--nachos, peanuts, bratwurst, etc.-- is free. I would tip the server, though.

Edited to add: I would call the park or go to the Reds website to double check details because again, I sat there once 13 years ago.
    Last edited by OGB; 08-13-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Kroger has cheaper Kings Island tickets than the gate price by quite a bit. The Newport Aquarium on game day followed by a walk over the bridge to the stadium sounds like a great plan. Save your appetite for the Diamond Club buffet also!

19. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by STLWizard View Post
    Fortunately enough, I make the trip to Lexington a few times per year. I’m surrounded by Memphis and Tennessee fans where I live so I’m in brainwashing mode with the little one. But we might just stop through because I can’t get enough of big blue. Thanks for the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the link and post. Will definitely use this and try out the Zoo.
    Good man. Raise him right. Can't let him fall into the hands of the heathen Vols

21. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Seems like with all the things you are doing, Kings Island, Aquarium, Zoo, Museum, Lexington you might want to book a couple of extra nights!

23. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

This is probably not the best board to ask this question. Try this; your question gets asked there often.

Enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Jeff Ruby's Precinct and The Montgomery Inn are both excellent places to eat.

Have fun, hopefully you thoroughly enjoy yourselves while watching the Cardinals lose each night.

Did you read the bit about him being from Memphis?
    Note to OP: Don't bother with Montgomery Inn. You won't be impressed.

Turn Off Ads?