Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bauer traded to Reds - part 2

Re: Bauer traded to Reds - part 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'm not saying he DID order the trade, I'm just saying that I absolutely wouldn't put it past him. He's a meddling owner.

Maybe he never even gave them a target but said "GET ME A STARTER FOR A PLAYOFF RUN NEXT YEAR" and Bauer was the guy Dick and Nick liked.

I've got no idea, but Bob's not getting any sort of benefit of the doubt from me.
    I can absolutely see that happening. But I don’t think he follows the game close enough to say, “I want this player.”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am wondering if part of his success in Cleveland was facing lots of horrible teams like white Sox tigers and royals are all bad teams that he has faced a lot the last few years. I think facing a lot of bad teams helped bailey this year.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    I am wondering if part of his success in Cleveland was facing lots of horrible teams like white Sox tigers and royals are all bad teams that he has faced a lot the last few years. I think facing a lot of bad teams helped bailey this year.
    I actually looked into this exact thing about Kluber this off-season and, oddly enough, it turned out his numbers were better outside of the division.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'm not saying he DID order the trade, I'm just saying that I absolutely wouldn't put it past him. He's a meddling owner.

Maybe he never even gave them a target but said "GET ME A STARTER FOR A PLAYOFF RUN NEXT YEAR" and Bauer was the guy Dick and Nick liked.

I've got no idea, but Bob's not getting any sort of benefit of the doubt from me.

- - - Updated - - -

In any event, the whole "non tender" and "cut bait" talk about Bauer is kinda ridiculous.

Unless he's injured he won't be this bad forever. They went out and got him, now they need to get the ship righted.
    They have two months to assess Bauer. The idea that this cheap franchise would spend $18 million on a complete roll of the dice is mindboggling. Would you give him a contract if he turns up injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    They have two months to assess Bauer. The idea that this cheap franchise would spend $18 million on a complete roll of the dice is mindboggling. Would you give him a contract if he turns up injured?
    Why does this "$18,000,000" salary figure for next season keep popping up?
    (from what I can see he's making $13M this year and will be Arbitration Eligible)

Am i wrong on this. Does Bauer already have a guaranteed $18M contract for the '20 season?

Because I really don't see how a 10-11 record with a close to 4.50 Era would possibly warrant a $5,000,000 raise.....
    Last edited by Rece Tyler; 08-25-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rece Tyler View Post
    Why does this "$18,000,000" salary figure for next season keep popping up?
    (from what I can see he's making $13M this year and will be Arbitration Eligible)

Am i wrong on this. Does Bauer already have a guaranteed $18M contract for the '20 season?

Because I really don't see how a 10-11 record with a close to 4.50 Era would possibly warrant a $5,000,000 raise.....
    He’ll get that or very close. They consider his career not just this season

He’ll get that or very close. They consider his career not just this season
    Trevor Bauer
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...auertr01.shtml

Career average of 13-11 record with an Era of 4.00

Tanner Roark

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...oarkta01.shtml

Career average of 13-11 record with an Era of 3.65

Why would an Arbitrator give Bauer more money than Roark?

Looks much more like a Tanner Roark sort of $10M a year numbers to me.......
    Last edited by Rece Tyler; 08-25-2019 at 06:42 PM.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...auertr01.shtml

Career average of 13-11 record with an Era of 4.00

That sounds more like Tanner Roark sort of $10M a year numbers to me.......
    He won’t take a pay cut.

He won’t take a pay cut.
    I've read (on here) that Gausman can take a pay cut in Arbitration. Why not Bauer?

Bauer sure as heck doesn't deserve a raise...

(if I'm the Reds i would offer about $10,000,000)
    Last edited by Rece Tyler; 08-25-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Fair (or pretty darn unfair actually)

but Bauer sure as heck doesn't deserve a raise...
    (if I'm the Reds i would offer about $10,000,000)
    But he'll get one. $18 Million is about right.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    But he'll get one. $18 Million is about right.
    when looking at the Bauer vs. Roark career comparison.....along with the fact that Bauer will be coming off of a terrible statistical season.........WHY DO YOU THINK $18,000,000 IS REALISTIC FOR THIS PARTICULAR PLAYER?....... NAME RECOGNITION?? (sorry about the caps, but this seriously makes zero sense to me)

when looking at the Bauer vs. Roark career comparison.....along with the fact that Bauer will be coming off of a terrible statistical season.........WHY DO YOU THINK $18,000,000 IS REALISTIC FOR THIS PARTICULAR PLAYER?....... NAME RECOGNITION?? (sorry about the caps, but this seriously makes zero sense to me)
    Because everybody gets a raise in arb and 3rd year arb gets expensive. Bauer is going to go to arb. The Reds will probably offer about $15 Million just to have a chance at winning. Bauer will counter at $18 Or so. He's going to geta riase no matter what. The REds just paid a ton for him which will be used to help determine market value. Even if the Reds win, he's getting $15Million plus IMO. HE won't take a cut and if the Reds offer this year's number, the arbitrator will rule for Bauer.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

Crumbley (08-25-2019),Falls City Beer (08-25-2019),REDREAD (08-30-2019)

"A player's salary can indeed be reduced in arbitration -- with 20 percent being the maximum amount by which a salary can be cut."
    -MLB.com

with Bauer having made $13M this season while stinking up the joint the team can offer him $10.4M for the '20 season. Which is a salary much more in line with his career numbers. (as well as far easier to digest from a fan's perspective)

And as for "the Reds just paid a ton for him" - - - - - - -all we gave up was 2 months of free agent to be Puig and a couple of minor leaguers who, chances are, will never even make it to The Show.
    Last edited by Rece Tyler; 08-25-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Bauer didn’t stink up the joint most of the season, just when he came to an actual real MLB division. Not the joke known as the AL Central.

Plus Bauer’s peripherals destroy Roark’s.

18. Likes:

Rece Tyler (08-25-2019)

Teams have a one in three chance of winning their fans approval at the trading deadline. No deals and people scream, bad deal and people scream, good deal and people act like they broke the house.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?