Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Freak Show Reds (By two of our own)

Things are still freaky, even with the club being 7 games under. That's still SIX games over what they project to be..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Freak Show Reds (By two of our own)

I was going through the MB today and found this thread. M2 & WOY, are you guys working on anything new for BP or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    I was going through the MB today and found this thread. M2 & WOY, are you guys working on anything new for BP or elsewhere?
    Right now Sandy and I are preparing a Verbal/Multimedia presentation for SABR 34 - Day 1, 3:00, Subject: The first over the fence home runs at Redland Field.

I've been swamped with articles where I regularly get to write the word "vaporware" with far too much regularity.

There's something, not numbers based, that I'd like to put together, but it's on a back burner at the moment.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Ahhh...The life of a freelancer.

My roomate is one of your kind. Hours of hard work, and in the end, not really getting paid for it.

Of course, he's a music writer, which is a lot different.

Sorry I didn't chime in with props last year. I don't know where my head could have been at that time.

I'm a subscriber, so I'll know who to look for from now on.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Ahhh...The life of a freelancer.

My roomate is one of your kind. Hours of hard work, and in the end, not really getting paid for it.

Of course, he's a music writer, which is a lot different.
    I can tell you it's a lot more fun to do what your roommate's doing (I once staged a public trial and execution of Hootie and the Blowfish), but I've got mouths to feed and bills to pay, thus my foray into enterprise IT architecture.

I'd really like to read that!

Are you familiar with Jim DeRogatis? He go into lots of trouble with Rolling Stone because of his loathing of that band.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I'd really like to read that!

Are you familiar with Jim DeRogatis? He go into lots of trouble with Rolling Stone because of his loathing of that band.
    I don't think it exists in electronic format. Otherwise I'd post a link. I've got it lurking in a clip file in the attic of a relative's house.

DeRogatis sounds vaguely familiar. Music writers have it tough because, in order to get the PR folks to feed you interviews, you've got to kiss a lot of keister.

I actually thought I launched a winning defense of Hootie in my piece (I also made the case for the prosecution). I argued that they were just a bar band that hit it big, kind of like John Cafferty and Beaver Brown on popularity roids, and what people really hated wasn't the band so much as its white-bread, yuppie scum fans. The public was not swayed, causing me to muse that if I staged a mock public trial of Mother Theresa, she'd have gotten the gallows as well.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    SABR-tism 101!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Turn Off Ads?