Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Weekly College Football Pick'em

Re: 2019 Weekly College Football Pick'em

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ummmm....from what I am seeing Sea Ray picked Charlotte and Utah St.?
    Sea Ray's strategy is to give you all a running start...I did the same thing last yr and caught up to all but one of ya by the end...

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'm right where I want to be ... where I can keep an eye on the rest of you. SeaRay, Krono, and cumberland are the only ones that fared well on those 7 Saturday games. The rest of us got pummeled LOL

Code:
    2019-20 COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL STANDINGS (12/20 -12/23)(10 games)

W        L              

KronoRed                 6        4             .600

cumberlandreds           5        5             .500

Sea Ray                  5        5    

Assembly Hall            4        6             .400  

Danny Serafini           4        6 

Puffy                    3        7             .300

GAC                      3        7    

VottoFan54               3        7
    Last edited by GAC; 12-24-2019 at 04:29 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-24-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I knew I should have done my homework!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I knew I should have done my homework!
    It don't help. Believe me (LOL). With a majority of the bowl games right now, these are teams most haven't really watched much during the season, if at all. All you can do is look at the match-up as best possible, close one eye and make a pick. Then throw the point spreads down on that. Look at the winning % of the so-called experts who make a living telling us who to pick. Isn't the greatest.

I found (previous years) that as we move deeper into the Holiday week, with the "more important", high profile, Bowl games with teams we're familiar with because we've watched them all season......... our winning % improves. At least for some of us (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-26-2019),Sea Ray (12-25-2019)

Everybody actually did really well in this "run" of 12 games. Nobody under .500.... one 9-3, and several 8-4 and 7-5. Everybody went either 4-0 or 3-1 yesterday. I'm going to guess the one's who went 3-1 were us stubborn Buckeye fans (LOL)

Very close standings with 19 Bowl games left to play.

Code:
    2019-20 COLLEGE FOOTBALL BOWL STANDINGS (updated 12 games 12/24 -12/28)

W        L              

KronoRed                 14       8              .636

cumberlandreds           12       10             .545

Sea Ray                  12       10    

Assembly Hall            12       10               

Danny Serafini           12       10

VottoFan54               12       10

Puffy                    11       11             .500

GAC                      10       12             .454 
    Last edited by GAC; 12-29-2019 at 07:44 AM.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-29-2019)

I'm going to hold off about a week before I post the championship game and see, if anything, the spread fluctuates.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'm going to hold off about a week before I post the championship game and see, if anything, the spread fluctuates.
    This is your deal so by all means whatever you do is fine with me but do keep this in mind as a guy who's been close to the top the last two yrs:

If you wait until after the Bowl games have ended to do the championship game then that pick becomes one of gamesmanship and not about who one really thinks is going to win. I'll explain cause this goes both ways:

For the guy in first place, he can pick whoever the guy in second picks 'cause that'll assure him that he'll end up the winner. The guy in second may opt to wait until the guy in first picks and then he'll pick "the other team" cause that's his only shot at possibly winning (by also grabbing the tiebreaker). My suggestion is to have people make their picks for the championship game before the NY6 games OR have them PM you their picks. Either method would eliminate this kind of gamesmanship.

Just my thoughts

Interesting suggestion. But it's really not "my show" (LOL). Yeah, I started it years ago, but I don't institute changes or rules without first running it by everyone else. But we're always looking to improve. The situation you illustrate above has occurred also. My only concern with posting the NC game this early is that something may occur that would cause the spread to change.

I personally like the "PM your pick". But since it's the Holidays, and I want to make sure it gets communicated to everyone for fairness, I will PM everyone with the two suggestions, and ask for a immediate response due to time.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You're right. Sorry. It was one of those quick glances of mine (LOL). I got an Excel worksheet I record the Bowl games on as we get into it. I think it still has last year's still on it (LOL)

I just PM's GAC with my thoughts. Basically the PM's with the picks would be OK with me. But at this late date we need to make sure everyone knows this before hand so no one is left out. Also this has always been about having fun. Nothing of value is riding on these picks,thank goodness! So as for me I always just picked who I thought would win or cover without taking any regard to the standings. So I hope everyone is just having some fun and enjoy the talk we have between us who makes these picks each week.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

GAC (12-30-2019)

I have had responses back from a few. But to be fair, all need to hear or else it wouldn't be fair this year. But it certainly could be implemented for next season.

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-30-2019),cumberlandreds (12-30-2019)

Good news for folks who picked Louisville in today's Music City Bowl. MSU's QB got his orbital bone cracked in a fight with a fellow player and is likely out

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...with-teammate/

I still have two that have yet to respond back to me. The game is not till the 16th. They could be on vacation for the Holidays. We still have a lot of leeway here, so I'm going to let it slide at least till the weekend.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-31-2019 at 06:27 AM.

21. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-31-2019)

Here's the updated standings through the games of December 30th. I only have the number of wins to keep it simple. Still 15 games to go and plenty of time for anyone to win.

Krono 16
    VottoFan54 14
    Sea Ray 14
    Assembly Hall 14
    Danny Serafini 13
    Cumberlandreds 13
    GAC 12

- - - Updated - - -
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the updated standings through the games of December 30th. I only have the number of wins to keep it simple. Still 15 games to go and plenty of time for anyone to win.

Krono 16
    VottoFan54 14
    Sea Ray 14
    Assembly Hall 14
    Danny Serafini 13
    Cumberlandreds 13
    GAC 12

- - - Updated - - -
    You work for me! How in the hell am I still last? LOL

Hey! You and Krono need to clear out your PMs .... you're full! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

Krono 16
    VottoFan54 14
    Sea Ray 14
    Assembly Hall 14
    Danny Serafini 13
    Cumberlandreds 13
    GAC 12

- - - Updated - - -
    You work for me! How in the hell am I still last? LOL

Hey! You and Krono need to clear out your PMs .... you're full! LOL

Turn Off Ads?