Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Padres @ Reds 8-19-19

Re: Padres @ Reds 8-19-19

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I noticed Aquino (and a couple other guys including Winker I think) have at least one finger below the knob on the bat....is that common?
    Once Votto abandoned the severe choke up, they had to try to go a step(or a finger) better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

fool testing Tucker

Great job by Tucker and Freddie!

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

He gone

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Great job by Tucker and Freddie!
    Freddy

9. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-19-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don’t think platoons are tinkering. I would like to see JVM get some ABs against LHP but Bell’s got a mandate to win games and that’s what he’s trying to do. One can’t really argue that starting a lefty over a LHP masher gives the Reds a better chance to win.
    I get it, but it’s annoying that Winker and JVM are currently being fast tracked to platoon guy status without ever really seeing if they can be full time starters. That ship has already sailed on Winker, and it’s kind of headed in that direction with JVM. It’s doubly annoying when Peraza likely doesn’t have much of a future left of this team himself.

Some of the platoon decisions have been pretty dumb too. Like tonight, as Doug pointed out on twitter, Lauer has reverse platoon splits and JVM had an OPS over 1.000 against them in AAA. We don’t really know how he fares against them at this level because he has a whole 13 AB’s so far.

Likewise I think it’s dumb to hit Jose Iglesias cleanup in any situation ever just because the opposing pitcher is a LHP who he has good numbers against in like 20 PA’s. That was a notable clunker from sometime last month if I’m not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I get it, but it’s annoying that Winker and JVM are currently being fast tracked to platoon guy status without ever really seeing if they can be full time starters. That ship has already sailed on Winker, and it’s kind of headed in that direction with JVM. It’s doubly annoying when Peraza likely doesn’t have much of a future left of this team himself.

Some of the platoon decisions have been pretty dumb too. Like tonight, as Doug pointed out on twitter, Lauer has reverse platoon splits and JVM had an OPS over 1.000 against them in AAA. We don’t really know how he fares against them at this level because he has a whole 13 AB’s so far.

Likewise I think it’s dumb to hit Jose Iglesias cleanup in any situation ever just because the opposing pitcher is a LHP who he has good numbers against in like 20 PA’s. That was a notable clunker from sometime last month if I’m not mistaken.
    Big/long-term picture - I don’t think the ship has sailed on Winker and platooning him.

12. Likes:

Big Klu (08-19-2019),Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Big/long-term picture - I don’t think the ship has sailed on Winker and platooning him.
    We’ll see. Winker is injured right now so it’s understandable, but next year is gonna be a big win now year too, and with the team basically out of it, if Bell can’t give his LHH a shot against a guy with reverse platoon splits, I’m not sure when it’ll ever happen.

Nice play by Myers

Peraza is the unluckiest batter this year

16. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Peraza is the unluckiest batter this year
    So that's pretty much the difference in his offensive performance last year vs. this year? I remember quite a few bloop hits last year, and some this year.

Big ol dinger for Galvis

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Freddy
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Freddy goes DEEP!!!

Freddy!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?