Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brandon Finnegan

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Brandon Finnegan

I did not see a thread in this forum to discuss Brandon.

After sporting a 3.26 FIP and 2.87 xFIP in his first 10 appearances (13 IP) back, I believe he warrants some conversation. I have a few questions that interest me in regards to Brandon's future.

Since Chattanooga's season is winding down and Louisville and Chattanooga out of the playoff hunt, could we see Brandon go down a level or two to pick up more innings at an affiliate that is in the playoff hunt? Could we see him on the AFL team? Can he be sent to the minors after Spring Training next year without clearing waivers?

It would be great to see Brandon back in the bigs and contributing in a future Reds' bullpen.

2. Likes:

757690 (08-21-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Finnegan

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I did not see a thread in this forum to discuss Brandon.

After sporting a 3.26 FIP and 2.87 xFIP in his first 10 appearances (13 IP) back, I believe he warrants some conversation. I have a few questions that interest me in regards to Brandon's future.

Since Chattanooga's season is winding down and Louisville and Chattanooga out of the playoff hunt, could we see Brandon go down a level or two to pick up more innings at an affiliate that is in the playoff hunt? Could we see him on the AFL team? Can he be sent to the minors after Spring Training next year without clearing waivers?

It would be great to see Brandon back in the bigs and contributing in a future Reds' bullpen.
    They need to decide whether they want to add him to the 40 man roster this off season. If they don't then he's exposed to the Rule 5 draft. If they do that they can option him out in 2020. I'd suggest they bring him up sometime in Sept. We're so devoid of LHPs we need to give him one more chance

5. Likes:

757690 (08-21-2019),RED VAN HOT (08-22-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

If the 40-man news is correct, I am pretty sure I would rather have him than Peralta or Stephens. Given the significant steps back Mella and Siri have taken this year, I also think I would rather have Finnegan have those 40-man spots, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    If the 40-man news is correct, I am pretty sure I would rather have him than Peralta or Stephens. Given the significant steps back Mella and Siri have taken this year, I also think I would rather have Finnegan have those 40-man spots, as well.
    Especially since Stevens and Mella although that option to the end of the year I would put Romano in that group too it's time to cut bait on some of these guys
    Crazy Reds Fan

I'd like to see him throw some clean innings down in AA, I think he has 2 in 13 so far.

The only Reds affiliate on track to make the playoffs is RK Billings. I'd send him to the AFL.

Stephens, Peralta, and Romano should be let go before Finnegan.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    Stephens, Peralta, and Romano should be let go before Finnegan.
    Agree on the first two, not on Romano. Getting lit up once doesn't mean the guy can't pitch. 10.1 K per 9 at L'ville, 3 to 1 K to W. Way too early, IMHO, to give up on Romano.

11. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (08-22-2019)

He's back (sorta)

John Fay
    @johnfayman
    From the #Reds: The Reds today added to the 60-man player pool and assigned to the alternate site LHP Brandon Finnegan, IF Rece Hinds and OF TJ Friedl. The 60-man player pool now includes 57 players.

Why not...can't be any worse than the last 2-3 BP arms we have.

14. Likes:

HammerTime (08-08-2020)

Why doesn't this thread have a sticky?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-09-2020),camisadelgolf (08-09-2020),mth123 (08-09-2020),Old school 1983 (08-11-2020),paulrichjr (08-09-2020),podgejeff_ (08-10-2020),UKFlounder (08-09-2020),WrongVerb (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Why doesn't this thread have a sticky?
    Subtle, but brilliant.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-11-2020)

I agree. Great post for a smile
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Release Reed and bring up Finnegan. He can't be any worse.

Turn Off Ads?