Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Pirates 8-25-19 1:35pm

Re: Reds @ Pirates 8-25-19 1:35pm

The boys have lost 16 out of their last 18 in Pittsburgh? I think its time for a change and I'm not talking about firing the hitting coach.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

2 major trades this FO have gotten horribly wrong (Puig/Wood-Downs/Gray and Puig/Trammell-Bauer) and 2 more smaller misses with Roark for what’s his name and Scooter for a box of rice-a-roni.

Why are we supposed to believe these people, buttressed by Davey Boy in the dugout, can make this franchise a contender?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

4. Likes:

Alabama (08-25-2019),Jomama (08-25-2019),REDREAD (08-28-2019)

Reds got swept in DC and now this in Pittsburgh. Road warriors. Not.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    we will see how this goes, but in the past when Bell has pulled his starter so early, it has turned into a full on crap show
    We’re at least a half hour past full crap show.

What comes after that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    The boys have lost 16 out of their last 18 in Pittsburgh? I think its time for a change and I'm not talking about firing the hitting coach.
    Seems like The Pirates have been in their head since 2013.

Different names, same timid and scared play in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

8. Likes:

Big Klu (08-25-2019),REDREAD (08-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    So what's the deal with Bauer? Could he be hididng an injury? Pressing on a new team? Just a rough patch?

I've always thought he was a little overrated but he was always at least solid, certainly not this bad. He's had two of the worst games of his career since coming to The Reds.

I'm hoping the Indians didn't pull one over on us.
    They did. No contending team that has already lost Kluber and Carrasco is willing to part with a true QS. He’s a head case and he may be hurt.

10. Likes:

Alabama (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Those numbers are how Ervin has done ahead in the count against all kinds of pitching, lefties and righties included.
    I know. I agree he should be allowed to swing 3-0 with Bauer next but if you don’t swing 3-0 at a pitch that’s not very near perfect....you get at least 2 more pitches. His vs lefty and vs righty stats are silly to say the least.

At the plate and in field he looks like a minor leaguer today. I like him but he’s not where he was in July. It was 3-0....everything about it seemed like an obvious pitch around with Bauer on deck after a terrible inning.

I believe 100% he was being walked and felt it before the first pitch due to scenario of Bauer next. First pitch showed Ervin wasn’t thinking that way at all. In his only defense he never bats in front of the pitcher. Where he always bats I have less issue with the aggressiveness....though I’ve already mentioned early in game that I think teams are really pitching to our aggressiveness.

There are a lot of factors. Reply if you like but I’m done going back and forth. We aren’t going to completely agree.

Let’s just sit back and enjoy Reynolds 5 or 6 hit game

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Most managers will try and score those runs.
    Not the way you're suggesting. Not the smart ones.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    2 major trades this FO have gotten horribly wrong (Puig/Wood-Downs/Gray and Puig/Trammell-Bauer) and 2 more smaller misses with Roark for what’s his name and Scooter for a box of rice-a-roni.

Why are we supposed to believe these people, buttressed by Davey Boy in the dugout, can make this franchise a contender?
    the way Scooter is playing, think we got close to fair value

Suarez....sheesh, that ball was 2 feet outside.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Bell’s ass should be fired on the spot before leaving Pittsburgh. Send a message. Let Clint Hurdle deliver the pink slip for added effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

16. Likes:

gagliano (08-25-2019),Jomama (08-25-2019),MrRedSkull (08-25-2019),REDREAD (08-28-2019)

Suarez swings at a pitch 2 feet off the plate in his pursuit of 200 strikeouts

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I know. I agree he should be allowed to swing 3-0 with Bauer next but if you don’t swing 3-0 at a pitch that’s not very near perfect....you get at least 2 more pitches. His vs lefty and vs righty stats are silly to say the least.

At the plate and in field he looks like a minor leaguer today. I like him but he’s not where he was in July. It was 3-0....everything about it seemed like an obvious pitch around with Bauer on deck after a terrible inning.

I believe 100% he was being walked and felt it before the first pitch due to scenario of Bauer next. First pitch showed Ervin wasn’t thinking that way at all. In his only defense he never bats in front of the pitcher. Where he always bats I have less issue with the aggressiveness....though I’ve already mentioned early in game that I think teams are really pitching to our aggressiveness.

There are a lot of factors. Reply if you like but I’m done going back and forth. We aren’t going to completely agree.

Let’s just sit back and enjoy Reynolds 5 or 6 hit game
    I’d almost rather debate this point than watch this game. Yes, I’m about done in both cases. Thanks for the discussion.

19. Likes:

Ironman92 (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    the way Scooter is playing, think we got close to fair value
    Scooter’s starting to hit.

so they took Galvis out?

Turn Off Ads?