Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A vs Popeyes

Chick Fil A vs Popeyes

So has anyone tried the new chicken sandwich at Popeyes yet? Went to the Popeyes here to try it today and they’ve already sold out.

The social media feud between the two has been pretty comical.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/popey...dLxZNl0WyaqG2T

PS: We know the religious side of Chick Fil A. Doesn’t really need to be discussed and moved to the other forum. This is for the sandwiches.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

North (08-27-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Chick Fil A vs Popeyes

Looks like I gave up eating meat and gnarly fast food at the right time. I've been spared my witness to this war.

I tried on Sunday and Popeyes was out of Chicken Sandwiches, fries, and sodas. That was quite the impressive feat.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

I'm a big fan of Popeyes so this business of people causing massive lines and product shortages is quite annoying. Especially since the Popeyes chicken sandwich has been available for a while here in Chicago!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    So has anyone tried the new chicken sandwich at Popeyes yet? Went to the Popeyes here to try it today and they’ve already sold out.

The social media feud between the two has been pretty comical.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/popey...dLxZNl0WyaqG2T

PS: We know the religious side of Chick Fil A. Doesn’t really need to be discussed and moved to the other forum. This is for the sandwiches.
    The local tv stations here have picked up the story. I went to a Popeyes maybe 15 years ago. The particular franchise was owned by Dave Parker, or so I was told. I didn't care for the spices.

I'll be interested to see what folks think of the sandwich. I will never know...my teeth flew the coop years ago.

The correct answer is Bojangles, but unfortunately I live in a horrible place that has no Bos.

9. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (08-28-2019)

Yeah....Bojangles v Popeyes is a more apt comparison. Love em both. Popeyes biscuits are heaven. Great spicy chicken.

11. Likes:

redsfanmia (08-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The correct answer is Bojangles, but unfortunately I live in a horrible place that has no Bos.
    The real correct answer is Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen in Chapel Hill, NC.

13. Likes:

bounty37h (09-04-2019)

They call me "chef"

You can't judge chicken sandwiches or biscuits until you've been to Lil' Bit O' Chicken on the Brick Down by the Crick, Jr. in Churchshoe, IN. It closed in 1973.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-28-2019),Tom Servo (08-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The real correct answer is Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen in Chapel Hill, NC.
    Quite solid (I'm a UNC alum), but pretty niche.

I guess I am a dinosaur. I still like KFC the best for fried chicken. I do like Popeyes but I quit going to our local one when they refused to honor one of their specials when I went there one day. I even showed them the sign hanging on the front window advertising it and the stupid manager wouldn't honor it. I wrote their corporate offices and all they could do was apologize and said they would have a talk with them. You would think they offer me a free chicken leg for my trouble?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

18. Likes:

North (08-27-2019)

The correct answer is chicken is not an edible meat and is the sole reason people die. I know this, because I do not eat chicken and have never died.

Seriously, when I accidentally eat chicken, my first thought is always that whatever I'm eating is rotten. How do you people eat the stuff.

(disclaimer; I was raised in a house where chickens were frequently killed and cooked, and the memory of this smell alone makes me sick. I wish people would stop ruining perfectly good food like pizza and enchiladas by putting chicken in it.)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    They built and opened five Bos in the Huntington-Charleston area last year. There was actually a construction sign alerting people to stay out of the right lane due to traffic when the first one opened in Huntington.

A month ago, that Bos closed and two weeks ago the other four closed. No idea what happened. They are still open in the Beckley-Princeton area.

If we’re talking Carolinas, Cookout is awesome too. Kinda like Sonic but with Cheerwine.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

22. Likes:

bounty37h (09-04-2019),marcshoe (08-27-2019),Tom Servo (08-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    The correct answer is chicken is not an edible meat and is the sole reason people die. I know this, because I do not eat chicken and have never died.

Seriously, when I accidentally eat chicken, my first thought is always that whatever I'm eating is rotten. How do you people eat the stuff.

(disclaimer; I was raised in a house where chickens were frequently killed and cooked, and the memory of this smell alone makes me sick. I wish people would stop ruining perfectly good food like pizza and enchiladas by putting chicken in it.)
    I read this post while eating a chicken sandwich. And it was delicious!

24. Likes:

UKWhoDey (08-28-2019)

Fast Food is fast food, no matter what

26. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-04-2019),SunDeck (08-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?