Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick Fil A vs Popeyes

Re: Chick Fil A vs Popeyes

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    How does a fast food place run out of soda? That seems unpossible.
    I once stopped at a Jiffy Lube for an oil change only to find that they ran out of oil.

So it wouldn't really surprise me if a fast food restaurant ran out of soda even if all they sold WAS soda.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Fast Food is fast food, no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Its flippin' fast food. It's like two dumpsters fighting over how many garbage pandas climb inside.
    Hush, both of you. When I go to Popeyes, I order a 10-piece dark meat only meal. They always make me wait approximately 16 minutes to make a fresh batch because otherwise it screws with their chicken math.

It's only fast food there if you order straight from their pre-made chicken trays. Otherwise, it's freshly-made chicken heaven. Tastes like it was just killed, plucked, and breaded in marcshoe's childhood home.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-29-2019),North (08-28-2019),TRF (08-30-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

So they have Popeye's in San Diego?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So they have Popeye's in San Diego?
    It used to be the Redszone 10. Now there are only four or five left.

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

TeamCasey (09-06-2019),Yachtzee (09-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Bojangles Cajun chicken biscuit FTW.

Those who know those words know what I’m talking bout.
    Preach!

In these parts, you can drive 10 minutes in any direction and pass about 5 Bojangles. It's pretty much my one fast food weakness.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Preach!

In these parts, you can drive 10 minutes in any direction and pass about 5 Bojangles. It's pretty much my one fast food weakness.
    Yeah, it's getting to be if I see something new being built around here that it's either a Bojangles or a Storage place.
    Go Gators!

9. Likes:

RichRed (08-29-2019)

Ya'll need to find chicken jesus.

Slim's Chicken is the bomb diggity. That said, Popeyes is my #2 go to chicken.

I used to love Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich. Now I will never go there again. True story, happened about 6 weeks ago. Went to Wendys around 10 PM, ordered a double. What I got was a cold single that also had a couple of kids meal patties jammed in there as the second patty. Hell no. Lost my business forever.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Is that Slim Chickens? Love their chicken and waffles!

12. Likes:

TRF (08-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I used to love Wendy's Spicy Chicken sandwich. Now I will never go there again. True story, happened about 6 weeks ago. Went to Wendys around 10 PM, ordered a double. What I got was a cold single that also had a couple of kids meal patties jammed in there as the second patty. Hell no. Lost my business forever.
    I have found that when something like this happens, if you go to the place's website and give feedback, they are usually very accommodating to your poor experience and will make it up to you and then some with gift cards, coupons, etc.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Is that Slim Chickens? Love their chicken and waffles!
    I get the hungry meal. With okra or potato salad.

And dessert in a jar? The red white and blue (blueberries, strawberries, cheesecake and whipped cream) is pretty damn good.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There’s a place off Mineola called Guthrie’s. Fairly decent chicken fingers.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Mistakes happen. Dumb things happen. Seems to me, that 1 single patty + 2 kid patties = more meat than 2 regular patties. Toss it in the MW and enjoy!

You should have ordered a spricy chicken instead of a double.

18. Likes:

TRF (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The real correct answer is Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen in Chapel Hill, NC.
    Oh man, I had one yesterday! The kitchen caught fire over the summer so they were closed for awhile, but reopened about a month ago.
    Bojangles used to be my answer but they haven't been consistent, very good the last few years overall, at least around here.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    No Popeyes here, though we get their commercials constantly, but my fav fast food chicken sandwich is Zaxby's, their fries are awesome as well.
    I would prefer Zaxbys to CFA personally. There aren't many Popeye's convenient to me, so haven't been to one in years.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

We get our "fast food", pre-cooked chicken at New Seasons. Have this thing about buying meat from a place that doesn't care about the lifestyle of the animal that's killed.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?