Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

Can we keep this going another year? I should be good for two days a week (Sunday, Wednesday games). Last year, Tom Servo took two days (Tuesday, Friday). Lollipopcurve has a fine tradition of Saturday. Monday and Thursday were passed around a bit, involving Montana, Bill Doran, texasdave, and company. (Sorry if I missed somebody.)

In a separate thread, Montana took care of the recap.

My primary request is that reports be posted by noon of the following day. If they're not, I worry that they're not being done and have to scramble. Advance notice helps a lot.

The minor leagues open a week from today. Anyone stepping up?

Monday games (for Tuesday post) -- ?
    Tuesday games -- Tom Servo
    Wednesday games -- mace
    Thursday games -- ?
    Friday games -- Tom Servo
    Saturday games -- Lollipopcurve
    Sunday games -- mace
    Last edited by mace; 03-28-2019 at 07:38 PM.

2. Likes:

BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019 Minor-League Player of the Day

Tuesday and Friday are still good for me
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019),mace (03-28-2019)

Montana can't do the recap this year. RedlegJake did it previously.

I'll play again.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (04-01-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019),mace (03-28-2019)

With Mondays and Thursdays not covered, and the start of the season three days away, it's looking like we might not get off the ground this year. Two posts a week is my self-imposed limit. The commitment is comparatively light in the early portion of the season, before the rookie leagues kick in--meaning, it wouldn't be terribly taxing for me or someone to fill in the unassigned dates--but even so, I'd rather not start now with a short roster and have to abort two months later.

I'll keep this open for a couple days, but if the slots aren't filled by Wednesday afternoon, we'll just move on. Thanks.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I'll take Monday and Thursday (so Tuesday and Friday mornings), but if someone wants one or both days, I will give them up.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (04-01-2019),mace (04-01-2019),Tom Servo (04-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I'll take Monday and Thursday (so Tuesday and Friday mornings), but if someone wants one or both days, I will give them up.
    If someone is contemplating one day to take from me, I would rather give up Friday morning's review of Thursday than Tuesday's morning's review of Monday, since I always have a 9 AM meeting on Friday.

If someone is contemplating one day to take from me, I would rather give up Friday morning's review of Thursday than Tuesday's morning's review of Monday, since I always have a 9 AM meeting on Friday.
    Awesome, Edd. Thank you! . . . Depending on when you go to bed, you'll find, early in the season, that you might prefer to do it as soon as the games are over. Of course, that's a lot tougher when Billings and Arizona start playing.

I've found that it can help to compile it on a separate file so that you can keep up by doing a game at a time, then paste it in when the night's over. But to each his own.

Lineup for 2019

Sunday games (for Monday post) -- Mace
    Monday games -- Edd Roush
    Wednesday games -- Mace
    Thursday games -- Edd Roush

Progressive season summary: I guess this requires an administrator, because the rest of us can't edit a post on an ongoing basis to update it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Can we keep this going another year? I should be good for two days a week (Sunday, Wednesday games). Last year, Tom Servo took two days (Tuesday, Friday). Lollipopcurve has a fine tradition of Saturday. Monday and Thursday were passed around a bit, involving Montana, Bill Doran, texasdave, and company. (Sorry if I missed somebody.)

In a separate thread, Montana took care of the recap.

My primary request is that reports be posted by noon of the following day. If they're not, I worry that they're not being done and have to scramble. Advance notice helps a lot.

The minor leagues open a week from today. Anyone stepping up?

Monday games (for Tuesday post) -- ?
    Wednesday games -- mace
    Thursday games -- ?
    Sunday games -- mace
    I can fill in here and there if needed.

16. Likes:

mace (04-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I can fill in here and there if needed.
    Same. Once we get into May, I may be able to pick up a weekly shift as well.

18. Likes:

mace (04-01-2019)

Edd: Looks like your inbox is full. You ready to lead off with tomorrow night's games? You can just do it as a reply on this thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Edd: Looks like your inbox is full. You ready to lead off with tomorrow night's games? You can just do it as a reply on this thread. Thanks!
    I have deleted some messages and I am good tomorrow. Next Tuesday will be tough, though. Most Tuesdays will be good, but my first Tuesday will be tough. Can I have a sub for next Tuesday (4/9)?

I have deleted some messages and I am good tomorrow. Next Tuesday will be tough, though. Most Tuesdays will be good, but my first Tuesday will be tough. Can I have a sub for next Tuesday (4/9)?
    You mean the Monday games (for Tuesday post), right? No problem.

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-03-2019)

I can cover Monday's games this week

24. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-03-2019)

Turn Off Ads?