Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109

Thread: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,587

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Team has Tucker Barnhart hitting fifth, it’s hard to complain about the order.

    The problem is without Winker and Suarez the lineup goes from mediocre to lousy. Don’t have the hitters.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,445

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Team has Tucker Barnhart hitting fifth, it’s hard to complain about the order.

    The problem is without Winker and Suarez the lineup goes from mediocre to lousy.
    Senzel's slow motion collapse hasn't helped, though I'm not too worried about him long term. And then there is the Joey Question.

    Winker's effectiveness was definitely underrated around these parts.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  4. Likes:

    Ron Madden (09-03-2019)

  5. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,587

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Senzel's slow motion collapse hasn't helped, though I'm not too worried about him long term. And then there is the Joey Question.

    Winker's effectiveness was definitely underrated around these parts.
    Problem with Winker is he’s injury prone. A platoon guy who misses injury time doesn’t have much oppty to contribute.

    But his offensive ability against RHP shouldn’t be underrated, he’s a solid hitter against them.

  6. #49
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    28,236

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    That was poorly played in CF. I blame Votto.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  7. Likes:

    gagliano (09-04-2019)

  8. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,587

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    I’ve been pretty down on Garrett of late, but he’s had some bad luck (and defense) this outing.

  9. #51
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Problem with Winker is he’s injury prone. A platoon guy who misses injury time doesn’t have much oppty to contribute.

    But his offensive ability against RHP shouldn’t be underrated, he’s a solid hitter against them.
    I don't even like that he's being labeled a platoon guy already.

    Not every left handed hitter comes to the bigs and immediately mashes lefties. He'll never learn to do it if you decide he's a platoon bat in his 2nd full year, both of which he's missed significant time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  10. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Amir hasn’t had a good 2nd half.

  11. #53
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Garrett is the tale of two pitchers for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  12. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I don't even like that he's being labeled a platoon guy already.

    Not every left handed hitter comes to the bigs and immediately mashes lefties. He'll never learn to do it if you decide he's a platoon bat in his 2nd full year, both of which he's missed significant time.
    Well what is everyone supposed to think when the Reds have apparently decided he’s a platoon player?

  13. Likes:

    Alabama (09-03-2019)

  14. #55
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Amir walks the bases loaded
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  15. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    27,587

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I don't even like that he's being labeled a platoon guy already.

    Not every left handed hitter comes to the bigs and immediately mashes lefties. He'll never learn to do it if you decide he's a platoon bat in his 2nd full year, both of which he's missed significant time.
    Not sure any manager trying to win would use Winker instead of Ervin against lefties.

    So he’s a platoon hitter.

  16. Likes:

    gagliano (09-04-2019)

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Garrett shouldn't get to pitch in a close game until he shows something different.

  18. #58
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RR1971 View Post
    Well what is everyone supposed to think when the Reds have apparently decided he’s a platoon player?
    The Reds haven't had a winning season since 2013 and only 3 total winning seasons since I was a teenager.


    You'll have to excuse me if I don't always just accept their judgment on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  19. Likes:

    gagliano (09-04-2019)

  20. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    23

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    The Reds haven't had a winning season since 2013 and only 3 total winning seasons since I was a teenager.


    You'll have to excuse me if I don't always just accept their judgment on things.
    Maybe you should write them a strongly worded letter.

  21. Likes:

    gagliano (09-04-2019)

  22. #60
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,775

    Re: Phillies @ Reds 9-3-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RR1971 View Post
    Maybe you should write them a strongly worded letter.
    Or maybe I'll just defect to being a Braves fan. How's that been working for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator