Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Rotation

Re: 2020 Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Anybody interested in taking a chance on Johnny Cueto? What would it take to get him back from the Giants? How much salary relief could Reds get?
    Not really. Dodging the Cueto contract was one of the best moves that we've done recently. That contract has been a disaster. One good year (2016), one mediocre year 4.52 ERA (2017) , 1 year where you got 50 innings before injury (2018), and one year where he'll throw maybe 4 starts in Sep (2019).

And they paid 21 mill a year for that. And he has 2 more years (20 and 21) at 21 mill each. And a 5 million buyout for 2022. They'd literally have to pick up 40 million of that 47 million before I'd consider it, and then it would be a "B" prospect.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 09-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

DocRed (09-10-2019),Wonderful Monds (09-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If the Giants want to pay all but the league minimum, sure.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Not really. Dodging the Cueto contract was one of the best moves that we've done recently. That contract has been a disaster. One good year (2016), one mediocre year 4.52 ERA (2017) , 1 year where you got 50 innings before injury (2018), and one year where he'll throw maybe 4 starts in Sep (2019).

And they paid 21 mill a year for that. And he has 2 more years (20 and 21) at 21 mill each. And a 5 million buyout for 2022. They'd literally have to pick up 40 million of that 47 million before I'd consider it, and then it would be a "B" prospect.
    Votto for Cueto. Bauer for Luke Voit.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Votto for Cueto. Bauer for Luke Voit.
    Now I know what throwing up in my mouth tastes like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Why? It would save $60 Million unproductive dollars (Votto vs. Cueto) and hasten the turn around even if Cueto is nothing. Voit would be a huge step up for the offense at low cost. Bauer hasn't been any good and the Reds would have another $20 Million or so to spend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Why? It would save $60 Million unproductive dollars (Votto vs. Cueto) and hasten the turn around even if Cueto is nothing. Voit would be a huge step up for the offense at low cost. Bauer hasn't been any good and the Reds would have another $20 Million or so to spend.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-10-2019),HokieRed (09-11-2019)

- - - Updated - - -

You are forgetting the raise you will have to give Votto in order to get him to waive his no-trade clause. That's going to eat up a good chunk of that $20 million you have earmarked.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t mind trading Votto and Bauer, but Cueto and Volt aren’t good returns. Cueto likely is toast, and Volt is a flash in the pan. He’s a RH Matt Adams. Everything points to serious regression for him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    You are forgetting the raise you will have to give Votto in order to get him to waive his no-trade clause. That's going to eat up a good chunk of that $20 million you have earmarked.
    Fine. I'd give him the whole $20 Million.

I feel if we gave Bauer a chance that he would be a good fit with Castillo, Gray and De Sacfalini.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-11-2019),marcshoe (09-13-2019),Ron Madden (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRed View Post
    I feel if we gave Bauer a chance that he would be a good fit with Castillo, Gray and De Sacfalini.
    I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Bauer as a good fit in GABP. Number one, he's a fly ball pitcher and that doesn't play well here. Secondly I don't think he has the mental makeup to handle the humbling effects of playing in a bandbox. He'll get frustrated and possibly blow a gasket. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if his agent quietly asks for a trade over the Winter. I think this could really unravel in 2020 and it won't end well

15. Likes:

Falls City Beer (09-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRed View Post
    You're in luck, because he's probably getting that chance. But I'd rather go with Desclafini then the guy you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Bauer as a good fit in GABP. Number one, he's a fly ball pitcher and that doesn't play well here. Secondly I don't think he has the mental makeup to handle the humbling effects of playing in a bandbox. He'll get frustrated and possibly blow a gasket. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if his agent quietly asks for a trade over the Winter. I think this could really unravel in 2020 and it won't end well
    It’s a really bad match all around. I really hope they deal him. I still hold out slight hope for 2020, but that hope is quickly compromised when I consider they’re going to run Bauer out there for 30 starts regardless of his numbers.

18. Likes:

HokieRed (09-11-2019)

Disco been quite solid this year and HEALTHY. Don’t understand the desire either to trade or to not have him as #4.

Maybe could improve on lower pitching count early, but he’s a keeper to me.

20. Likes:

DocRed (09-11-2019),Ron Madden (09-13-2019),WVRedsFan (09-15-2019)

I think we may try to trade Bauer in the offseason for a couple of pieces and look towards the FA route to fill a spot in the rotation. The 2020 team needs a LHSP in the rotation IMO and moving Bauer lets us focus on that. My idea:

Reds trade:

1) Bauer and Winker to the Yankees

Yankees trade:

1) Tommy Kahnle-RP- becomes our closer/set-up guy

2) Cliff Frazier-LF

3) Albert Abreu-AA- 23yr old #7 prospect possible future closer

4) Ryder Green Low A OF #23 prospect

Reds then Sign Dallas Keuchel to a 3/40 million deal to be the 3rd starter.

Interesting but let me play Devil's Advocate: Yanks need starters which is why they might want Bauer. And they have a lot of outfielders which is why Frazier might be available..... But why wouldn't they just sign Kuechel, and still have Frazier and the other prospects for other trades?

Turn Off Ads?