Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Title says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3: The Bungles are Back!

0 first downs. 12 yards total offense. 2:00 to go in the first half.

Well there's no point in trying to draft an OL, because they've been trying that for 5 years and it just keeps getting worse. Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price, Jonah...all busts. That strategy clearly isn't working, so might as well try drafting a difference maker at QB

Quote Originally Posted by tsdavis11 View Post
    Well there's no point in trying to draft an OL, because they've been trying that for 5 years and it just keeps getting worse. Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price, Jonah...all busts. That strategy clearly isn't working, so might as well try drafting a difference maker at QB
    How about we let Jonah take the field first before declaring him a bust?

A QB is only as good as his line. Put anyone else behind this line and this game is how it will turn out.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Huge dislike of the thread title...I have always hated the nickname...we can be realistic in the team's outlook without piling on.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-22-2019),Rdirtypirates (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Huge dislike of the thread title...I have always hated the nickname...we can be realistic in the team's outlook without piling on.
    Ok, the 90s are back.

10. Likes:

Larkin90 (09-22-2019),North (09-22-2019)

I wish the Bengals would pile on somebody.

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-23-2019),Larkin90 (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How about we let Jonah take the field first before declaring him a bust?

A QB is only as good as his line. Put anyone else behind this line and this game is how it will turn out.
    RE Jonah, the best ability is availability. So far, he's a bust. In this league, everybody is a nobody until they prove otherwise on the field.

There's no way to prove it, but you're never going to convince me that the results would be the same if we had Mahomes behind this same line instead of Dalton. I think that's just crazy talk.

I hate the title.

Furthermore, I put part of the blame for the o-line play on Dalton. If Brady's o-line doesn't protect him, he loses his mind. I've seen him scream at his linemen, grab their facemasks, get right up in their faces, etc. Dalton just hangs his head and mopes off the field. If the line isn't doing its job, then it's Dalton's responsibility as the leader of the offense to go ballistic on them.

Furthermore, I put part of the blame for the o-line play on Dalton. If Brady's o-line doesn't protect him, he loses his mind. I've seen him scream at his linemen, grab their facemasks, get right up in their faces, etc. Dalton just hangs his head and mopes off the field. If the line isn't doing its job, then it's Dalton's responsibility as the leader of the offense to go ballistic on them.
    This is just an insanely stupid post.

do you think that is going to actually make a bad situation better...huge difference Brady has a better O line so if he is yelling they did not play up to their potential. Our O line has no potential...you have one good player in Hopkins and one injured unknown in Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    This is just an insanely stupid post.
    How so? Are you going to argue that Dalton and Brady are the same type of leaders on the field? Or are you going to argue that the different leadership styles have no effect on the end results?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I find the title to be spot on realistic.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-22-2019),Bob Sheed (09-23-2019),WVRed (09-22-2019)

Give credit to the D especially with as much as they have been on the field today...

22. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-23-2019),North (09-22-2019)

Turn Off Ads?