Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This is pathetic.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

There’s nothing wrong with the *FALSE START NUMBER 68* offensive line. With time *FALSE START NUMBER 68*, it can hopefully gel and *HANDS TO THR FACE NUMBER 68* be a strength moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I know Dalton is frustrating but I’d get the best OT available in the draft. Couple him with Williams you have basically two 1st round OT’s heading into next year.

I’m not drafting a rookie QB and putting him behind this ****bag line.

Career high 8 times Dalton has been sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I know Dalton is frustrating but I’d get the best OT available in the draft. Couple him with Williams you have basically two 1st round OT’s heading into next year.

Look at the successful teams in the league, namely the Steelers and Patriots. How many top picks do they have that are offensive line?

8 sacks tonight by the Steelers.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

This is probably the worst organization in professional sports right now. Of the main four sports.

They are basically an expansion team, except without the high draft picks. I guess it really doesn’t matter how high their picks are anyway. They will find a way to screw it up. Just a pathetic loser franchise. In the history of futility of this franchise unbelievably they might have finally hit an all-time low.

Zero hope after tonight. Nobody knows what the hell they are doing.

The Steelers are horrible. Difference is that they have a way better coaching staff and organization overall. They could start over tomorrow and still be ahead of this loser franchise.

8. Likes:

Benihana (10-01-2019),Kingspoint (10-01-2019)

If you fix QB maybe they could sign someone lol nm they don't sign real free agents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    In the history of futility of this franchise unbelievably they might have finally hit an all-time low.
    I remember they lost to the Falcons on Sunday Night Football in 2001 or 2002 30-3. That was my low point before, but yeah this might match it.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Look at the successful teams in the league, namely the Steelers and Patriots. How many top picks do they have that are offensive line?

8 sacks tonight by the Steelers.
    I honestly don’t know. I’m not understanding your point. I don’t care how it’s done, but the Bengals need a better Oline. I’m sure you’re aware how hard it is to draft a Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger. I’d build the lines on both sides first and foremost.

At least our Bengals were kind enough to let us know we suck early on in the season. So we can enjoy our fall not giving a crap.

I honestly don’t know. I’m not understanding your point. I don’t care how it’s done, but the Bengals need a better Oline. I’m sure you’re aware how hard it is to draft a Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger. I’d build the lines on both sides first and foremost.
    My point was the Patriots and Steelers win without blowing first round picks on the offensive line. The Steelers have Pouncey and DeCastro who were late first round picks. If you look at the Patriots, the highest round for a starter was the third round.

Point is, the Bengals need either better scouting, development, or all of the above because it can be done without squandering first round picks on the offensive line.

I kind of mentioned this kind of thing with the Reds. Every game and every season is a gift = even in the midst of losing non-stop you can find out things about yourself. Most people change or try new strategies when performing poorly. I hope they don't use the excuse of staying vanilla and not doing anything about it ...and they did a lot of that in the 90's. They played the victim and didn't really learn a damn thing for 5 years - maybe 10 - i lost count. They were proud to be vanilla. Why not test some extreme elements of football analytics -- going for it on almost every 4th down. Kick onside kicks every time they score (i don't think it'll be that often). There's probably more things out there that i'm not aware. Be extreme and see if it works - they are so proud of being the only team against something (replays, new rules, etc..).

His dad was an innovator - you would think with that kind of tradition in the family- the son would also want to innovate, but for odd reason he appears to be in total opposition to change - not to get too Fruedian -but you wonder if his lack of attempts wrt to innovation is a reaction to his father's innovation ... maybe his thought is "my dad looked for weaknesses to exploit -i'm the better man ...i'm going to win and do it RIGHT."

They have the gift of losing -will they do anything to learn something new? He's a moralist in it for the perceived good works he does- always keeping track of his good works and secretly comparing himself to his peers- always knowing he's the better man. He doesn't care about football- he really doesn't -it's only an avenue for him to size himself up to others. He doesn't understand why others can't just follow the rules. When he gives to others it's a show filled with false humility. He doesn't allow for grace - there's no need for it when there are rules to follow.

If he was a car salesman he'd sell the least cars counting the sins of others. He couldn't sell a car while he tells himself "you can't put a price on integrity. He's have been let go a long time ago- dad own the dealership. He learned early that learning lessons and innovating was much more difficult than just following the rules in the best possible way. If he innovates, he gets compared to dad and that's too much for him to handle.

He's the guy that everyone moans about when he shows up to the office party. He's the guy who knows that policy handbook up/down. He can't figure out why he doesn't get promoted - he knows the league and the rules and has no enemies- he has no awareness that he's a complete killjoy of anything good and fun }people like me, but i never get invited to any of the parties - i bet they drink too much."

He's Frank Burns from MASH. He's Tracy Lords from A Philadelphia Story. Director Micheal Moore. He's Tracy Flick from the movie Election. He's Al Gore. He's Dana Carvey's impression of George Bush coupled with the church lady. His favorite song from the 60's is "sugar, sugar" by the Archie's.

I'm done - just had to get that out of my system. Cya next year.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-01-2019)

First time this year I've watched the Bengals, wow wow wow...they are going to get Dalton killed.
    Go Gators!

The reason the Bengals somehow managed to reach a new low tonight is because it has become blatantly obvious that Mike Brown turned over decision-making to the next generation, who, with miserly tendencies and one-tenth the football knowledge of Mike Brown, they have shoved this product into the faces of the fans, because as we know, for some psychotic reason, there are still a lot of very sick in the head Bengals' fans who think it's socially cool to attend a Bengals' game in person and will continue to reward the Brown and Blackburn behavior.

At least REDS' fans stopped showing up and forced a change by embarassing the Owner(s). Too many Bengals fans still get off on going to games. Nothing will change until they stop showing up for multiple seasons in a row. They do that and the rest of the Owners will get on their case for not bringing in their fair share of revenue.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

18. Likes:

Todd Gack (10-01-2019)

Zac Taylor and every post post-millennial Bengals fan have hopefully learned that the problems with the Bengals organization lie deeper than Zac Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They need to stop trying to force the run game. If it's there great, and give Mixon carries throughout the game, but don't let it be a drive killer. Running on 2nd and 10 is usually terrible with this offensive line.
    You're right in that they need to know when to use the run; but I think the efforts interpreted as forcing the run are really more towards trying to develop (establish) a running game. You have to keep trying, find answers.

It simply blows me away at the mixed bag, bad luck, whatever, this team has had when it comes to the draft and addressing their offensive line woes. Drafted C Price in in '18 and he lost his job to the backup (Hopkins). They drafted offensive linemen last year (Williams, Jordan). Williams out for the year. Jordan tweaked his knee, didn't play vs Buffalo (Price played LG), but was activated for last nights game vs Pitt.

How bad has it gotten for this O-line? The Steeler's D is 28th vs the run and 31st vs the pass. Your QB is sacked 8 TIMES, and under furious pressure most of the game.

Start here.

Anyone who follows my Browns knows they too have had their fair share of O-line troubles. People talk about the signing of Beckham, blah, blah, and other moves he's made; but one of Dorsey's objectives also was increase the DEPTH of his offensive line. Acquisitions of McCray and Teller were solely depth moves. And it's helped in these early goings because they were bit with several injuries to the O-line. Still a WIP, but they played one helluva a game vs the Ravens the other night.

You have to get serious when it comes to your offensive line IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?