Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Another draft choice of the Bengals bites the dust...

Dolphins RB Mark Walton suspended four games for three offseason arrests
    5:38 PM ET
    Cameron Wolfe
    ESPN Staff Writer

..."The Cincinnati Bengals released Walton, their 2018 fourth-round pick out of the University of Miami, in April following his three arrests."...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...season-arrests

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the Bengals need to build around the lines, and then add a QB. One thing that often gets missed in the talk about the 1st overall pick, is you get the 1st overall pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. You in essence get three of the top 65 players in the draft. If you go Chase Young in the 1st, you can get your OT or G in the 2nd and then maybe a LB in the 3rd.

A big part of the reason the Bengals are where they are right now is their inability to draft, both in the early and late rounds. They haven't gotten the star power early, and they haven't solidified the roster with the mid to late round guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would almost always agree you take the “best” QB in the draft if you have the number 1 pick and you don’t have a great Qb. However, I’m not so sure this year. I’m really not sold on any of the QBs this year and I believe Chase Young is a generational/hall of fame type talent. The bengals could take Young, suck again next year, and take best QB available then.
    The problem is this QB class is as deep as the 99 class. There’s a possibility after the combine we could be discussing any of these players in the first round:

Joe Burrow
    Tua Tagovaiola
    Justin Herbert
    Jake Fromm
    Jalen Hurts
    Jacob Eason
    Jordan Love
    Steven Montez

I’m not saying all will go in the first, but all will be in discussion for the first. The top three will definitely be linked to Cincinnati.

Looking ahead to 2021:

Trevor Lawrence
    Justin Fields

Depending on standings that season both players could be taken 1 and 2. I agree with you on Chase Young but at the same time what happens if the Bengals improve just enough to where they miss out on a QB in 2021?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Doing a Mock Generator now:

1. Chase Young (DE-Ohio State)
    2. Solomon Kindley (G-Georgia)
    3.Jalen Reagor (WR-TCU)
    4. Troy Dye (LB-Oregon)
    5. Calvin Throckmorton (OT-Oregon)
    6. Javarius Davis (CB-Auburn)
    7. LaBryan Ray (DL-Alabama)
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but (A) there’s been nothing to suggest Billy Price is a viable starter, guard or otherwise and (B) Jonah Williams hasn’t played a down yet and given our recent track record of drafting and developing offensive lineman, it would be misguided to assume he should be penciled in as a starting tackle. So looking ahead to next season, I still just see more question marks then answers with the offensive line.
    They aren't too many guarantees in sports. The Bengals will have to rebuild in this manner

Here’s one with a QB-
    1.Joe Burrow (QB-LSU)
    2.Javon Kinlaw (DT-South Carolina)
    3.Netane Muti (G-Fresno State)
    4.Lucas Niang (OT-TCU)
    5. Lynn Bowden (WR-Kentucky)
    6.Malik Harrison (LB-Ohio State)
    7.Julian Blackmon (CB-Utah)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They aren't too many guarantees in sports. The Bengals will have to rebuild in this manner
    By starting players who aren't NFL-caliber players?

Agreed on the "no guarantees in sports" front. Ironically however, one of the few guarantees in sports is the ineptitude of the Bengals' front office.

By starting players who aren't NFL-caliber players?

Agreed on the "no guarantees in sports" front. Ironically however, one of the few guarantees in sports is the ineptitude of the Bengals' front office.
    Teams in the NFL rebuild through the draft all the time

Teams in the NFL rebuild through the draft all the time
    Agreed. But I don't see what evidence you've seen that Billy Price and Jonah Williams have solidified 2/5ths of the offensive line. Just because they team spent a high draft pick on them doesn't mean they're quality players and shouldn't ensure they're starting.

Chase "Big Daddy" Young will be a can't miss, even for the prolific Tobin/Brown draft guru combo.

AND he's from OSU! What could go wrong?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

Chip R (11-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would almost always agree you take the “best” QB in the draft if you have the number 1 pick and you don’t have a great Qb. However, I’m not so sure this year. I’m really not sold on any of the QBs this year and I believe Chase Young is a generational/hall of fame type talent. The bengals could take Young, suck again next year, and take best QB available then.
    There are drafts where you worry there will be no viable QBs, I just don't know why anyone would think this is one of those drafts. Tua and Burrow both look like blue chippers from every angle, both statistical and scouting.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Agreed. But I don't see what evidence you've seen that Billy Price and Jonah Williams have solidified 2/5ths of the offensive line. Just because they team spent a high draft pick on them doesn't mean they're quality players and shouldn't ensure they're starting.
    Hopefully Billy Price can be developed but if the coaching staff feels otherwise they can cut him. As for Jonah Williams, guys drafted that high are penciled in as starters, for better or for worse. They ought not cut him until they see him

Hopefully Billy Price can be developed but if the coaching staff feels otherwise they can cut him. As for Jonah Williams, guys drafted that high are penciled in as starters, for better or for worse. They ought not cut him until they see him
    They will hang onto Price no matter what. Same as any high picks they sign.

It's madness.

Goodberry highlighted this today...

Ravens have 10 scouts and 30 people listed under personnel.

Bengals have 6...pretty much sums it up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-05-2019),Redsfaithful (11-06-2019),redsfandan (11-05-2019),RiverRat13 (11-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Chase "Big Daddy" Young will be a can't miss, even for the prolific Tobin/Brown draft guru combo.

AND he's from OSU! What could go wrong?
    Good analysis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    There are drafts where you worry there will be no viable QBs, I just don't know why anyone would think this is one of those drafts. Tua and Burrow both look like blue chippers from every angle, both statistical and scouting.
    And yet walterfootball is saying Burrow is going to be a 2nd round pick because NFL scouts don’t think much of him and call him a “game manager.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?