Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 9/27/2019 Reds at Pirates

Re: 9/27/2019 Reds at Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'd describe the way I feel about it as more like depressed.
    Ignore him. He conflates being realistic about this mediocre team with rooting against them. Without a major overhaul next year we can expect more mediocrity.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds stand at 73-87. if Iglesias had done his usual job, they would be 91-69 and probably make the playoffs Think about that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    The Reds stand at 73-87. if Iglesias had done his usual job, they would be 91-69 and probably make the playoffs Think about that.

Could be said about a few folks. plenty of blame to go around. This is not a playoff team.

[QUOTE=Dat dude BP;4023240] He makes coco Cordero look like Marino Rivera.
    - - - Updated - - -

I recall KoKo being pretty decent. The numbers seem to bear that out. Hear he contributed a lot to the Cincy community off the field as well. Not sure why a few here like to take pot shots at him.

6. Likes:

Big Klu (09-28-2019),Revering4Blue (09-28-2019)

[QUOTE=Mutaman;4023269]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat dude BP View Post
    He makes coco Cordero look like Marino Rivera.
    - - - Updated - - -

I recall KoKo being pretty decent. The numbers seem to bear that out. Hear he contributed a lot to the Cincy community off the field as well. Not sure why a few here like to take pot shots at him.
    I remember him, playing for poor teams as decent, if his saves were pretty dramatic. He was 18-18 for the reds with 150 saves. Blown saves are not recorded, but, He always had about 40 wins between wins and saves. This year, Iggy has only partipated in 32 wins and 11 losses with not a great but decent team. Time for him to go away.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Mahle and Iglaseis together are 5 wins and 24 losses!!! They both need replaced in my opinion. Need accountability and not more excuses why they keep helping the team loose

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Reds are now 5-12 against the woeful Pirates in 2019. That makes no sense at all.
    Sorry, I’m an IT guy. So logic says:

IF (PIRATES = “woeful” AND PIRATES > REDS head to head)

THEN

REDS < “woeful”.

Crystal clear to me.

People keep talking about replacing Iglesias. But honestly how many better closers are there in the mlb?. Go look at the other closers in the league and you will see others have very similar save percentages as Iglesias. 6 blown saves like he has is normal. For reference Chapman has 5 this year.

LOSS 87

I am calling this one. Suarez gets at least one home run today. James Marvel - Who? - is pitching for the Pirates. Marvel, in limited action, has been averaging 90.5 on his fastball. Suarez is salivating at the prospect of facing him.

Turn Off Ads?