Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Brother, can you spare a CF?"

"Brother, can you spare a CF?"

Whether we trade from someone's strength or flat out steal someone via FA, we need to add a Starting CF from outside the organization we can pencil in for 600+ plate appearances, who is at least an average Defensive Centerfielder and who will OPS at least .770, preferably with an OBP of at least .350 (we have too many hitters who can be pitched around).

I'm not offering up any specific ideas. We have all of Fall to think about that.

If that person already exists in the organization, I guess I missed it.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (09-27-2019),REDREAD (09-30-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Brother, can you spare a CF?"

The FA market is even worse at CF than it is at SS and C so don't hold your breath. I mean its basically nothing. BTW Senzel has a 0.0 dWAR on BR and 0.4 Def at FG for whatever that is worth...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ee-agents.html

Billy lol

If i'm Lorenzen, i might ask the Reds to let me go to tge AFL and get some more experience not just CF, but get his bat hopefully going. At least that coukd tell them more what they should do or not do in tge off season. With no certainy of when Senzel comes back, if Lorenzen could prove himself a more better hitter, yhat coukd save that decision for other needs. Just a thought

We haven't had a real CF for seven years or something like that. Why would anybody think we're going to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    If i'm Lorenzen, i might ask the Reds to let me go to tge AFL and get some more experience not just CF, but get his bat hopefully going. At least that coukd tell them more what they should do or not do in tge off season. With no certainy of when Senzel comes back, if Lorenzen could prove himself a more better hitter, yhat coukd save that decision for other needs. Just a thought
    If he wants to be an impact player he should stay a pitcher period.

9. Likes:

64red (09-28-2019),cumberlandreds (09-28-2019),Edd Roush (09-29-2019),HokieRed (09-27-2019),Kingspoint (09-28-2019),mth123 (09-28-2019),Old school 1983 (09-28-2019),Redeyecat (09-28-2019),REDREAD (09-30-2019),RedsFanInMS (09-29-2019),Revering4Blue (09-27-2019),Roy Tucker (09-28-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Lorenzen just isn’t s position player, people should let go of that idea entirely.

11. Likes:

Kinsm (09-27-2019),mth123 (09-28-2019),Old school 1983 (09-27-2019),REDREAD (09-30-2019),RedsFanInMS (09-29-2019),Revering4Blue (09-27-2019),Tom Servo (09-27-2019)

Anyone able to convince me that in a scenario where Lorenzen was on another team and after the season was a free agent willing to sign for 5 M or whatever - that he would be the best CF option for the Reds...?

13. Likes:

Ben Zinger (09-28-2019),REDREAD (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    The FA market is even worse at CF than it is at SS and C so don't hold your breath. I mean its basically nothing. BTW Senzel has a 0.0 dWAR on BR and 0.4 Def at FG for whatever that is worth...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...ee-agents.html
    Senzel is injured and should be playing in the infield. Would love to see Senzel do next year's rehab at 2nd and 1st Base from there on.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-27-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Can you also spare a closer? Ours is awful

Do folks really believe that the way to keep Nick Senzel healthy is to move him to second base? That seems counter intuitive. Take your best recent high draft pick who you really need in the lineup for his bat and put him in the position where he's most likely to get hurt. This is why we can't have nice things.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    We haven't had a real CF for seven years or something like that. Why would anybody think we're going to get one?
    How was Billy not a real CF?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

REDREAD (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How was Billy not a real CF?
    His hitting
    Go Gators!

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    His hitting
    Yeah, he was a really bad hitter, but he was a CF.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

22. Likes:

Redeyecat (09-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Do folks really believe that the way to keep Nick Senzel healthy is to move him to second base?
    You think he'll be more injury prone at 2B?

Turn Off Ads?