Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: NCAA Pay to Play: The Death of College Sports as we know it

Re: NCAA Pay to Play: The Death of College Sports as we know it

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The big10 gets everything they could want and the SEC gets 2 teams in the same foot print?

Not buying it.
    A different self-professed insider has a new conference realignment rumor every week. Eventually one of them will be right I guess whenever the next shoe drops but at this point it's mostly slop at the wall.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-16-2023),Revering4Blue (04-15-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I didn’t follow college basketball this last season. I don’t think I watched a game at all. And I at one time was a *huge* college hoops fan.

Maybe they’ve made the sport fair to the participants, but they’ve killed it for fans like me. Players hop from team to team. There is no continuity, no flow, no way to build up rooting for players. They’re gone before you know it. Again, that’s fine for the players but as a watchable sport, they’ve killed it for me.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-16-2023),texasdave (04-16-2023)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    A different self-professed insider has a new conference realignment rumor every week. Eventually one of them will be right I guess whenever the next shoe drops but at this point it's mostly slop at the wall.
    Seems like sports "journalism" has become a profession that involves a lot on conjecture and speculation. If my aunt had balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I didn’t follow college basketball this last season. I don’t think I watched a game at all. And I at one time was a *huge* college hoops fan.

Maybe they’ve made the sport fair to the participants, but they’ve killed it for fans like me. Players hop from team to team. There is no continuity, no flow, no way to build up rooting for players. They’re gone before you know it. Again, that’s fine for the players but as a watchable sport, they’ve killed it for me.
    Same here for me. With Kentucky and Cal having a new team nearly every year and now players transferring willy nilly all across the land I have just about lost complete interest. I watched less this past year than I ever have. I suspect I will watch even less next season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?