Thread: Guess the date Bell is fired

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guess the date Bell is fired

I say after the World Series is over

Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    I say after the World Series is over
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Maybe the 2021 World Series.

3. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-14-2019),MR X (10-03-2019)

I don't think he will be fired this year. In other words, I think he'll manage at least the 2020 season.

June 7, 2021

Do not eve think his seat will get warm until 2021 if the team is still not winning.

This team kept Price for what 4 seasons? Bell has a lot more then 1.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Just a wild guess: Sept 28, 2020

He appears to have enough support to last into next year. I see nothing but negatives whether his childish fighting on the field, ridiculous ejections, over-managing during the game, penchant for sitting his best players for rest even if they are smoking hot at the dish, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    He appears to have enough support to last into next year. I see nothing but negatives whether his childish fighting on the field, ridiculous ejections, over-managing during the game, penchant for sitting his best players for rest even if they are smoking hot at the dish, etc...
    This is exactly how I view Bell. If I was the owner he would have been fired after running across the field after Hurdle. Classless for a person in that position.

When nepotism ceases to run rampant?

AKA not for a long long long time in Reds country.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

12. Likes:

Old NDN (10-01-2019),RedsFanInMS (10-02-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When nepotism ceases to run rampant?

AKA not for a long long long time in Reds country.
    Ah yes, the nepotism of uhhhh, a guy who’s an advisor to the GM. Buddy Bell sure is calling the shots for the Reds, for sure man.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-14-2019),Number_Fourteen (10-01-2019),Ron Madden (10-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Ah yes, the nepotism of uhhhh, a guy who’s an advisor to the GM. Buddy Bell sure is calling the shots for the Reds, for sure man.
    …..and Dick Williams got his job how? With what kind of experience and qualifications?

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-04-2019),RedsFanInMS (10-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    …..and Dick Williams got his job how? With what kind of experience and qualifications?
    He was in baseball operations for the Reds since 2006 and was being groomed for the big job by Jocketty.

It was unquestionably nepotism that brought Williams to power, it's certainly a fair charge. Trying to extend that to David Bell though, whose last two jobs were as the bench coach for the St. Louis Cardinals and ran the Giants development system and who interviewed for managerial openings with other teams this last offseason, is ridiculous. But when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

Chip R (10-01-2019),Norm Chortleton (10-01-2019),Wonderful Monds (10-01-2019),WVRedsFan (10-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He was in baseball operations for the Reds since 2006 and was being groomed for the big job by Jocketty.

It was unquestionably nepotism that brought Williams to power, it's certainly a fair charge. Trying to extend that to David Bell though, whose last two jobs were as the bench coach for the St. Louis Cardinals and ran the Giants development system and who interviewed for managerial openings with other teams this last offseason, is ridiculous. But when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.
    I blame a lot of that on ownership don't say stupid things at his introductory press conference like his grandfather was my favorite player or my favorite quote you can never go wrong with a bell. I don't blame any of that stuff on David Bell I blame it on the ignorant owner but putting David Bell in that situation by saying that stuff
    Crazy Reds Fan

Doesn't he have a multi year contract?

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-01-2019)

Turn Off Ads?