Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

This season feels like Stotts has been trying to create a Frankenstein out of available parts.

After game-planning brilliantly against Harden tonight with doubles and denying him the ball (13 points total for the game and 0 Assists in the first half), they won the game tonight with Defense and a full team effort. Portland shot poorly from '3', but defensively limited Houston to 39% from the field overall, leading most of the game by double digits.

Stotts and the Blazers can head to DAL and OKC this weekend feeling that there's some Life arising from these mismatched parts.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Fultz is back! Triple Double in win over the Lakers tonight...21/11/10...
    Love Iwundu's contribution starting for the injured Fournier tonight. He's far superior defensively than Fournier.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Fultz is back! Triple Double in win over the Lakers tonight...21/11/10...
    Hopefully this is the start of us getting on a hot streak. Back at the Staples Center tonight against the Clips.

Impressive return to the starting lineup for Ayton (+31 with a monster stat line).

Frank Jackson with a +23 in 25 minutes in the upset OT win over the Jazz. Clarkson continues to operate under the belief that defense isn't necessary in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Hopefully this is the start of us getting on a hot streak. Back at the Staples Center tonight against the Clips.
    Fournier is back starting....don't have much hope with him in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Fournier is back starting....don't have much hope with him in the rotation.
    With 2 minutes left he has the worst +/- on the team at -23. He simply is not a very good basketball player and doesn't belong in any regular rotation of any NBA team. Why Orlando keeps starting him, yet alone keeps him regularly in their rotation, is the prime example of what's wrong with this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    With 2 minutes left he has the worst +/- on the team at -23. He simply is not a very good basketball player and doesn't belong in any regular rotation of any NBA team. Why Orlando keeps starting him, yet alone keeps him regularly in their rotation, is the prime example of what's wrong with this franchise.
    What really stinks is the 17 million dollar option year left on his contract for '20/'21 is a player option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    What really stinks is the 17 million dollar option year left on his contract for '20/'21 is a player option.
    I am not a Magic fan....was a Laker fan long before I moved to Central Florida...but I would be excited in the flashes that Fultz has been showing lately. He still needs to get his 3 point shot back, but the player I saw against the Lakers was very much the crazy talented player I saw at Washington. Fearless and confident. Fultz and Isaac could be a real young duo going forward. I always thought resigning Vuc did not make much sense....unless you truly believe Bamba has no chance at holding down that spot at some point. Still unsure if Gordon will be a long time fit. I would be open to taking calls on Vucevic, Fournier, Gordon, Augustin, Aminu and Ross. Build from the ground up around Fultz, Issac, Bamba, and Iwundo....and the large amount of draft assets I collected in trades and cap space.

I know a lot of Magic fans would disagree with me....but that is how I would do it. (Just imagine if you still had Dipo to share the backcourt with Fultz in the future! If you did, I would change my mind on rebuilding.)

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-17-2020)

guessing the Pels wish they would have tried to extend Ingram before the season and likely getting a discount. The chance at getting him to sign for a penny less than max is now 0%.

Lillard and Luka putting on a show here. Basically going shot for shot. Great to watch.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Lillard and Luka putting on a show here. Basically going shot for shot. Great to watch.
    POR played well. Just needed to hit a couple more three's. Doncic and Hardaway were scorching from '3', while the Blazers shot 30%. POR missed two chances on open looks to make it a one-possession game with two minutes to go, but missed them. Oh well. On to OKC and hope C.J.'s sprained ankle doesn't keep him out too long (he missed the last 2/3rd's of his playing time tonight, so I have to assume he misses tomorrow night in OKC).

Hardaway Jr has been really good for Dallas this season especially with KP out.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Hardaway Jr has been really good for Dallas this season especially with KP out.
    He was excellent last night and it looks sustainable.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ltiplayer-deal

Is Vlade Divac on crack? LOL.

Did Neil Olshey put a gun to his head?

What has Kent Bazemore ever done to deserve a 19 million dollar salary?

Caleb Swanigan - the prodigal son returns.

Considering what has happened to this season, the Blazers went the route of trying to save money on what has been a lost year. They just saved $16M. They may have tipped their hand what they will do with Whiteside, as there may be no deal out there available for them to improve the team, so the alternative is to save money and make the most out of this lost season.

Turn Off Ads?