Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

New thread ready to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Boston Red (10-09-2019),goreds2 (10-14-2019),Kingspoint (10-10-2019),Rojo Rijo (10-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    New thread ready to go.
    Good timing! And great title!

Again, for future reference I believe Orlando is going to set fire to the league this season. Top 3 finish in the east.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Again, for future reference I believe Orlando is going to set fire to the league this season. Top 3 finish in the east.
    No one cares about the JV League

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Good timing! And great title!
    Keeping with the South Park references.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Go Pacers...

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-14-2019)

Zion scored 29 on 12-13 shooting in 29 minutes. I feel like the Pels might be a popular League Pass team.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

So, all that ambassadorship done by Rodman was done for naught?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-10-2019),Revering4Blue (10-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    No one cares about the JV League
    This is the best optimism the Jazz fans have had since Hornacek joined Stockton and Malone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Go Pacers...
    Patience Obi-Dipo.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-14-2019),goreds2 (10-14-2019)

While both teams approached it like it was a Summer League game (with the Blazers' Summer League players getting the biggest run), Kent Bazemore impressed me more than any player on the floor last night. DEN didn't want to show anything to POR and POR didn't want to show anything to DEN. But, DEN is basically the same team they were last year, but everyone except Millsap, and maybe Plumlee, should be better.

POR hosts DEN Opening Night.

MIL and UTA played 33 players in their game. MIL lost a key player, but they are still loaded. UTA's weakest link may be their wing defense, and of course, whenever Gobert is off the floor.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    FWIW, the over/under for Magic wins is 41.5. I'll take the over, but still not sold on their backcourt. Nevertheless, they have enough depth up front to facilitate a deal for a difference-maker if need be.

I'm curious to see what happens with Fultz and Bamba. Fultz was taken at #1 overall for a reason - his ceiling (whether he reaches it or not) is/was higher than the likes of Tatum and company. If anything, I'll argue that Fultz was underrated due largely to playing for Washington, as opposed to the usual basketball factories. As for Bamba, he's yet another example as for why it was/is wise to select the BPA instead of 1)reaching to fill a need. 2)selecting players based upon college performance/popularity) without regard to project-ability - see Charlotte (MKG and Zeller instead of Drummond and McCollum) and Sacramento - although they've gotten much more astute in this regard - trading for Jimmer's rights and drafting Stauskas much higher than projected.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Go Pacers...
    The million dollar question - with the likely answer of "yes" - are there enough reinforcements to hold down down the fort until Oladipo 1)returns 2)can play significant minutes, as he's going to have to be eased back.

While the free agent acquisitions of Brogdan, Lamb and Justin Holiday seem to have garnered the most attention, stealing T.J Warren away from Phoenix was/is unbelievable, even considering the ineptitude of the Phoenix organization. Then again, the Suns "owed" the Pacers for this previous stinker of a trade for the Pacers, albeit one that made sense at the time:

July 27, 2013 -- Traded Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee and a 2014 1st round draft pick (Bogdan Bogdanović was later selected) to the Phoenix Suns for Luis Scola.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Zion scored 29 on 12-13 shooting in 29 minutes. I feel like the Pels might be a popular League Pass team.
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker could be the Robin to Zion's Batman somewhere down the line.

21. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-10-2019),M2 (10-10-2019)

Watched a little of the Celtics and Magic tonight. It's just a preseason game, so it's just a glorified practice, but the backcourt and wing differences were massive.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-11-2019)

Turn Off Ads?