Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Andretti, R.I.P.

John Andretti, R.I.P.

John Andretti, nephew of Mario Andretti, has died at age 56 after a long battle with colon cancer. The son of Mario's brother Aldo, and cousin to Mario's sons Michael and Jeff, John Andretti won races in IndyCar, Nascar and other racing circuits. I can recall one Indy 500 where Mario, Michael, Jeff and John were all part of the 33 car racing field. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Andretti, R.I.P.

Definitely made his biggest mark in racing in Nascar. He has a good run in the late 90's winning the Pepsi 400 @ Daytona in 1997 and then had a strong season in 1998 when he switched back to the #43 Petty racing team.

Re: John Andretti, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Definitely made his biggest mark in racing in Nascar. He has a good run in the late 90's winning the Pepsi 400 @ Daytona in 1997 and then had a strong season in 1998 when he switched back to the #43 Petty racing team.
    I remember that Pepsi 400 - his win was out of the blue and I was happy for him. Didn’t know he was ill. RIP.

Turn Off Ads?