Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Watched a little of the Celtics and Magic tonight. It's just a preseason game, so it's just a glorified practice, but the backcourt and wing differences were massive.
    Celtics to Magic..."So, you think you're pretty good, do ya?"

For the record, ORL swept the series from them last season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-11-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Lakers scored 77 today against the Nets. Again, preseason, hard to know what's real. The big takeaway is the Bron + Brow only played 12 minutes each. Obviously they'll play more once the season starts, but maybe the Lakers are terrible when they're not out there. That's how it worked today, and it's trouble for that team if it continues to be true.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (10-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Lakers scored 77 today against the Nets. Again, preseason, hard to know what's real. The big takeaway is the Bron + Brow only played 12 minutes each. Obviously they'll play more once the season starts, but maybe the Lakers are terrible when they're not out there. That's how it worked today, and it's trouble for that team if it continues to be true.
    An NBA season is usually pretty easy to read four games into a season, but that's changed lately with all of the player movement, and it has drastically changed this season. It will take months to sort it out and then attrition will dictate who's left to fight it out in April and May.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

M2 (10-14-2019),Revering4Blue (10-14-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Just for fun.....

Star Trade Ideas as 2019-20 NBA Season Nears

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-nears#slide0
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

8. Likes:

M2 (10-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Just for fun.....

Star Trade Ideas as 2019-20 NBA Season Nears

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-nears#slide0
    All cool ideas. I particularly like the Beal to the Hawks idea.

The Celtics are going to be interesting in the trade market. Langford got listed here, and he was their top overall pick this summer, but he's been pretty unimpressive so far. Carsen Edwards, Grant Williams, Tremont Waters, Max Strus, Javonte Green and the living legend Tacko Fall all look like they can play. The Time Lord also looks much improved.

15 hours ago - Magic fall to 76ers but get strong game from Markelle Fultz.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    15 hours ago - Magic fall to 76ers but get strong game from Markelle Fultz.
    Fultz has definitely been working on his shot. Rather than shooting free throws as if he was attempting to push an angry rabbit through a thin chimney, it now looks like he's trying to shove a partially sedated cat through a small window.

Josh Richardson and Matisse Thybulle are defensive menaces. The Sixers as a group are nasty to play against on that side of the ball. Second game in a row they've held the opponent to 14 points in the first quarter. I also didn't know that Kyle O'Quinn was such a good distributor (9 assists last night). My favorite battle right now is between Neto and Burke for minutes at the point. That's a lot more fun than wondering which terrible backup center will get minutes when Embiid is on the bench.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-14-2019),M2 (10-14-2019),Revering4Blue (10-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Fultz has definitely been working on his shot. Rather than shooting free throws as if he was attempting to push an angry rabbit through a thin chimney, it now looks like he's trying to shove a partially sedated cat through a small window.

Josh Richardson and Matisse Thybulle are defensive menaces. The Sixers as a group are nasty to play against on that side of the ball. Second game in a row they've held the opponent to 14 points in the first quarter. I also didn't know that Kyle O'Quinn was such a good distributor (9 assists last night). My favorite battle right now is between Neto and Burke for minutes at the point. That's a lot more fun than wondering which terrible backup center will get minutes when Embiid is on the bench.
    Given their size, can't they just play a wing or a PG and let Horford, Harris and Simmons supply the beef?

Quick extra note on Fultz, he had a game-worst -18.

We've got the season's first drama in Anthony Davis' thumb injury - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...angeles-lakers. Is it a mild sprain or ligament damage that's going to require surgery?

Lebron sat around all week weighing just how it was best for him to comment on the China situation. And he came up with that. Gonna be a yikes from me.

16. Likes:

Betterread (10-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Lebron sat around all week weighing just how it was best for him to comment on the China situation. And he came up with that. Gonna be a yikes from me.
    Dudes got Space Jam coming out.

18. Likes:

Chip R (10-15-2019),Stray (10-14-2019)

tbh at this point he should just turn the computer off. I'm not sure if he's attempting damage control or what is going on, but this is a dumpster fire.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-14-2019)

I do like that everyone on Twitter is taking their one teed up opportunity to dunk on Lebron James tho.

22. Likes:

kaldaniels (10-15-2019),Kingspoint (10-14-2019)

Clown league

Yeah that’s it for me with Lebron. I’ve never been a big fan but I’ve always heard he’s very nice and genuine in person. At this point he’s willing to push whatever agenda he wants without considering who’s getting run over by his actions. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of his actions like the California/NCAA but I have massive issues with how he goes about doing things. He’s reckless and with his platform it’s dangerous. I also believe everything he does off the court is connected to his $. The man tried to trademark Taco Tuesday. He’s stated in the past he wants to be the first billion dollar athlete. I don’t trust his motives at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?