Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Second part of the Ringer preview deals with the bubble teams that it breaks into two separate categories (editorial comments are mine, not from the preview) - https://www.theringer.com/nba-previe...n-luka-doncic:

West playoff hopefuls

Minnesota Timberwolves - I don't see how they're supposed to contend with that backcourt.
    Sacramento Kings - If Hield-Fox take the next step, they can do it.
    Dallas Mavericks - Luka and the Unicorn seemingly instameshed.
    New Orleans Pelicans - Zion's injury puts a serious crimp in their style.

At the crossroads

Detroit Pistons - Whenever I see Derrick Rose, I figure that's not a good sign for his team.
    OKC Thunder - They could be this year's Clippers (from last year). They have a 3 PG starting lineup.
    Toronto Raptors - I lean toward them being better than people suspect. Also think they'll make a big trade.
    Orlando Magic - Can't wait for us to go full MagicZone this season.
    San Antonio Spurs - If Pop weren't there, I assume we'd leave this team for dead, but he's still there.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Newport Red (10-20-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

OKC does have a lot of potential.

Utah's Wing Defense is a major concern.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Given his physical stature and style of play, is it unfair to wonder if this sort of injury is going to be a recurring theme for Zion throughout his career? It may be the only thing that can keep him from being an absolute monster in the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Given his physical stature and style of play, is it unfair to wonder if this sort of injury is going to be a recurring theme for Zion throughout his career? It may be the only thing that can keep him from being an absolute monster in the League.
    His college Coach blamed it on the Pelican's decision to not give him proper rest this Summer and he voiced that opinion three and a half months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Pritchard is putting his Title chase window into place.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Domantas Sabonis has reportedly agreed to a four-year, $79.4 million extension with the Pacers.

Sabonis was quoted yesterday voicing some obvious displeasure on what appeared to be an impasse with the contract talks, but the two sides were able to strike a deal prior to the deadline and now we can do away with all the trade rumor speculation.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

As is Danny Ainge...

Jaylen Brown has agreed to a four-year, $115 million extension with the Celtics.

There were rumors that the two sides wouldn't be able to strike a deal prior to today's deadline, but Brown will now be the first fourth-year player to receive an extension deal from the Celtics since Rajon Rondo got one back in 2009.

8. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2019)

Miami might be the feel good story this season...

Jimmy Butler said that Tyler Herro will be "special for a very long time."

"He’s confident because he works on his game. He listens. He asks all the right questions," said Butler, heaping praise on his rookie. "At 19, [if] you’ve already got that mindset, you can only get better, especially in this organization. He’s going to be special for a very long time." For a guy like Butler to speak this glowingly of a rookie says a lot, and we've been nothing but impressed with Herro this summer. He'll be in the rotation from the jump and should see his minutes trend up throughout the year.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Haven't seen a contract like this before:

Buddy Hield has reportedly agreed to a four-year, $86 million contract extension with the Kings.

Hield had threatened to demand a trade if the two sides didn't strike a deal on an extension prior to the deadline, but now Sacramento and Buddy can throw all that drama on the backburner. Hield's contract will include $20 million in incentives and is frontloaded with an 8% annual decline, so that will give Sacramento more wiggle room when they negotiate future deals with De'Aaron Fox and Marvin Bagley.

I thought the last two years that Dinwiddie was the best player on the Nets' roster, better than Russell.

Kenny Atkinson called Spencer Dinwiddie one of his best players and said he needs to find ways to keep him on the floor.

"You want your best players on the floor, and those guys are in our best five," Atkinson said of a three-guard lineup that included Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert and Dinwiddie. "Finding a way to keep them on the floor, we’re going to have to look at the game and how it’s going and the matchups a little bit, but we need to keep looking at it." The three-guard group did not hold up well defensively, but Dinwiddie blamed that on a lack of chemistry with Irving missing most of the preseason. While the Nets do have a lot of guards on the roster, Dinwiddie's minutes will be safe.

SOURCE: News Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Haven't seen a contract like this before:

Buddy Hield has reportedly agreed to a four-year, $86 million contract extension with the Kings.

Hield had threatened to demand a trade if the two sides didn't strike a deal on an extension prior to the deadline, but now Sacramento and Buddy can throw all that drama on the backburner. Hield's contract will include $20 million in incentives and is frontloaded with an 8% annual decline, so that will give Sacramento more wiggle room when they negotiate future deals with De'Aaron Fox and Marvin Bagley.
    Got to like getting Hield for $29M less than Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I thought the last two years that Dinwiddie was the best player on the Nets' roster, better than Russell.

Kenny Atkinson called Spencer Dinwiddie one of his best players and said he needs to find ways to keep him on the floor.

"You want your best players on the floor, and those guys are in our best five," Atkinson said of a three-guard lineup that included Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert and Dinwiddie. "Finding a way to keep them on the floor, we’re going to have to look at the game and how it’s going and the matchups a little bit, but we need to keep looking at it." The three-guard group did not hold up well defensively, but Dinwiddie blamed that on a lack of chemistry with Irving missing most of the preseason. While the Nets do have a lot of guards on the roster, Dinwiddie's minutes will be safe.

SOURCE: News Day
    I've always considered LeVert more of a SF than a SG.

Kent Bazemore today: "I always remember what my college coach told me, 'Boys win at home, Men win on the road'", in reference to the Blazers first quarter of the season where 14 of 21 games are on the road.

Lillard said, "adversity may hit us early' when discussing that every season has it's moments of adversity.

15. Likes:

North (10-21-2019),Revering4Blue (10-23-2019)

I'm excited to get back to NBA DFS. It's the only sport that I don't totally suck at when it comes to DFS. The late nights pacing around my computer when I'm in the running for a big payday can't be beat.

Steph Curry is not a Hall of Famer yet. At least, that's the opinion of one Michael Jordan. Sad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp

18. Likes:

M2 (10-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Steph Curry is not a Hall of Famer yet. At least, that's the opinion of one Michael Jordan. Sad.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp
    This is up to interpretation. Jordan could just be trying to motivate? or he could just mean it in a sense that Steph has done what, only 10 years? and it takes a career to make the hall. I bet if the question was "do you think Steph Curry will end up in the HOF?" his answer would've been different.

I knew the media would have a field day with this but MJ doesn't give two s**** about what anyone else thinks.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-22-2019)

Sounds like Klay is not expected to play the entire season according to Kerr. Obviously changes the Warriors expectations a bit.

Turn Off Ads?