Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Blazers will have about 7 people tonight and maybe 8 on Monday.

Blazers experts here: There's just not any basketball reasons that this trade makes sense. It was just about money. $16M isn't chump change.

It swings the needle more towards a C.J. trade this Summer than it has ever been considered by Olshey before. Olshey just has so little flexibility in roster construction by staying with the Dame/C.J. base.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-18-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

2 1/2 games separate the number 2 - 6 teams in the East.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

One of the more fascinating things about this season is the opportunity that injuries have given some players. Obviously, Fred Van Fleet has emerged as a solid first division tertiary scorer for the Raptors. Devonte Graham has been a find all season. Alec Burks is showing he's healthy again.

Nic Claxton, of the Brooklyn Nets, might end up a real steal.

Over the past two games, he's been given a bit more playing time. (As in, some playing time beyond the last minute.) He's put up some nice numbers, including an idea of how to play defense. You know he's going to shoot while in Brooklyn. Might make for an interesting guy moving forward.

Thunder Up!

What a comeback on the road. Gallo was huge last Q.

Lakers really do look disjointed without LeBron on the floor. A trade for a backup PG would fit them perfectly.

61 for Dame tonight. 11-20 from "3". Another remarkable performance.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Chip R (01-21-2020)

One moment after the next tonight...

"No, he didn't!" "OMG!"

Lillard will be forgotten in NBA history unless he moves team. One of the great PG of his era wasting time on an average team.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-25-2020)

The Celtics spanked the Lakers last night. Seems like dynamic wings are how you attack LeBron & Co.

Portland's got to be asking itself if there's a point to keeping it all together. I mean, do you think Nurkic and Collins are going to change them from their current state as a bad team to a contender?

I'm staring to believe the Bucks will win 70.

One day until Zion.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Celtics spanked the Lakers last night. Seems like dynamic wings are how you attack LeBron & Co.

Portland's got to be asking itself if there's a point to keeping it all together. I mean, do you think Nurkic and Collins are going to change them from their current state as a bad team to a contender?

One day until Zion.
    NO is 3.5 behind Memphis for the 8 seed, with a few teams between them. I think they will end up grabbing that spot assuming they stay healthy the rest of the way.

Also Utah blasting the Pacers by 30 was fun. I’m not sure Conley will stay on the bench, but him and Clarkson on the second unit is almost not fair.

They seem to be the class of the NBA right now.

I'm interested in seeing how it plays out in the playoffs, but home turf is big. So is having the best player on the court.

Middleton and Bledsoe will have to be better than they were last year. (Quick PG seem to give Bledsoe problems. Among the five best teams in the East, only Boston seems to have one of those. At least right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    NO is 3.5 behind Memphis for the 8 seed, with a few teams between them. I think they will end up grabbing that spot assuming they stay healthy the rest of the way.
    They should certainly be the favorite, at this point.

I'm interested in whether Ingram can coexist with Williamson.

It should work in theory, but Ingram's such an odd duck offensively.

He's a 'tweener in a 'tweener league in a 'tweener era. He's shooting threes at a high clip. But he's ball dominant (and needs to be).

What happens when Zion's underneath? Or worse, when he wants to the ball on the perimeter?

Memphis and Nola would seem to be the two most likely teams to grab that #8 spot. Not sure how Zion's going to bed in. Favors has made a huge difference, but do they have enough spacing with him and Zion on the floor together? And does Zion eat up the room where Lonzo wants to operate?

Also Utah blasting the Pacers by 30 was fun. I’m not sure Conley will stay on the bench, but him and Clarkson on the second unit is almost not fair.
    The Jazz's schedule gets more difficult starting this weekend. We're going to find out how real they are. Clarkson's been fantastic. I was sort of amazed more teams weren't after that guy. He's a bucket.

I mean, do you think Nurkic and Collins are going to change them from their current state as a bad team to a contender?
    Absolutely, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Absolutely, yes.
    If they go that route and they're wrong, everybody needs to be fired. Also, you thought Carmelo made them title contenders even without Nurkic and Collins in the mix. Instead, they're just a bad basketball team.

Let's say Dame's got another 4 years left at his peak. This year is toast. They're probably not even making the playoffs. If they run back the same plan next year and it's underwhelming, then the clock starts ticking loudly on Dame Prime. All-NBA first team guys don't grow on trees. I think Portland's only had three in its entire history (Walton, Clyde and Dame).

Turn Off Ads?