Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Simone Biles the Greatest Athlete in the World?

Is Simone Biles the Greatest Athlete in the World?

She gets my vote.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Simone Biles the Greatest Athlete in the World?

I know little about gymnastics, so let me know if this is accurate - my wife tells me that Biles created a move that only she can do... and it is so dangerous for anyone else to try, gymnastics won't give the move the degree of difficulty it deserves to dissuade anyone else from trying it. Is that right?

According to ESPN, she is most Dominant athlete in 2018 - http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-athletes-2018. And she has sustained and even exceeded that success in 2019, so she would be at the top of their list again.
    kipchoge is 2nd and just won the first-ever sub 2 hour marathon.

This poll also stays that Mookie Betts is the best baseball player and Drew Brees is the best football player.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I know little about gymnastics, so let me know if this is accurate - my wife tells me that Biles created a move that only she can do... and it is so dangerous for anyone else to try, gymnastics won't give the move the degree of difficulty it deserves to dissuade anyone else from trying it. Is that right?
    In gymnastics, if you're the first to do a move, they name it after you. There are multiple skills called a Biles now in multiple events.

not sure....but she is clearly great and probably not getting near the attention/appreciation that she should be getting for what she is doing right now.

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-13-2019)

No.

Turn Off Ads?