Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

As a lifelong Ohioan, I demand they stop billing these games as the "Battle of Ohio". Fallen Timbers was a battle. This is more like watching the Marx Brothers vs the Bowery Boys on Quaaludes.

It's the only time I wish the NFL would ENFORCE the black-out rule. I don't want to see this crap (LOL).

Every time these two teams line up, the fans of Cincy and Cleveland get ready for this "Titanic Struggle". It's the Titanic alright. Watch these games with your kids as an abject lesson on how football is not to be played. I actually think these two teams try to play down to, or out do, the opposition when it comes to the level of head-shaking ineptness. If there is a trophy it should be a Bobble-head.

Yes. These are two bad teams. But IMO, one has a far better excuse/reason (Bengals) then the other (Browns), because the Browns are loaded with talent, while the Bengals are trying to "rebuild". Especially on the offensive side of the ball. They cannot consistently put it together, and we've played 13 weeks of football. I only take consolation in the fact that I know GM Dorsey doesn't like what he sees, and it won't stay this way going into next season. Earlier in the year, when asked about the Brown's erratic play on offense, he said we still have a lot of football to play. Fine. But you've now reached that point. And after watching that spectacle in Pitt, then vs the one-win Bengals yesterday, IMO, I think Dorsey knows he's going to have to make a change with Kitchen/Monken in the off-season.

This is not the same Brown's team that beat up on the Ravens the first time. Injuries and a suspension has really hurt this defense. When the Ravens clean our clocks here in a couple weeks that will be the nail in the coffin IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-09-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

phatknuckle (12-09-2019),reds77 (12-09-2019),Redsfaithful (12-09-2019),Revering4Blue (12-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

This weekend was a win when Burrow shredded yet another top defense stacked with NFL quality players.

The cherry on top was the loss on Sunday.

Great, great weekend.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

5. Likes:

GAC (12-09-2019),Sea Ray (12-09-2019)

2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I agree that NYG most likely takes Young if they are #1. Here's the scenario that worries me the most:

1 - NYG
    2 - CIN
    3 - MIA

Mike Brown and Zac Taylor are going to want to get a QB out of this draft. My (possibly irrational) fear is that they come to the conclusion that Herbert is a franchise QB, too. Word gets out about this, so NYG rolls the dice and trades back to 3, gambling that Young will still be there.
    Unless Herbert has a terrific combine and bowl game (while Burrow has a lackluster one or two), it’s really just Burrow and Chase.

I really think if the Bengals don’t end up with Burrow it will be Young unless they win enough to not end up in the top two.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if Miami bypasses Burrow in favor of Tua (if he even declares) or doesn’t take a QB at all in the first round. They have two first rounders next season as well so Tank for Trevor could be in play too.
    Last edited by WVRed; 12-09-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

membengal (12-09-2019),Revering4Blue (12-09-2019)

Don’t know if I’m a fan of this one or not:

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/201...ls-joe-burrow/
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I like it, although in Round 2 I'd probably look at OT Austin Jackson, or one of the higher ranked interior OL guys, instead of a WR. Makes sense, though, with AJ likely gone for good. Charles Snowden is definitely one of the most interesting draft prospects I've looked into - he actually moves really well for a 6'7 LB. Chazz Surratt is my favorite LB prospect, but I'm not sure if he declares this year. He's a 1st round pick next year, if he stays at UNC. Mims is one of the WR's I've been mocking to us, but I think he goes a round or two earlier. Did he play in the Oklahoma game?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I like it, although in Round 2 I'd probably look at OT Austin Jackson, or one of the higher ranked interior OL guys, instead of a WR. Makes sense, though, with AJ likely gone for good. Charles Snowden is definitely one of the most interesting draft prospects I've looked into - he actually moves really well for a 6'7 LB. Chazz Surratt is my favorite LB prospect, but I'm not sure if he declares this year. He's a 1st round pick next year, if he stays at UNC. Mims is one of the WR's I've been mocking to us, but I think he goes a round or two earlier. Did he play in the Oklahoma game?
    I know it's supposed to be a stacked year at WR, so they'll have to grab one at some point. But I'm with you in that if there's an OL at #33 worthy of that selection, they have to do it. They also need to overpay for an OL in free agency, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Still kind of stinks to me. Because:

1. Patriots history in regard to cheating.
    2. Quite a coincidence that they just happen to play the Bengals next week, but don't worry, they're just here doing something involving cameras that is COMPLETELY UNRELATED. aka, an alibi.

It just smells of Belichick.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

14. Likes:

Spanky (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Bengals complaining about the Patriots guarantees a 50 point beat down this Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Bengals complaining about the Patriots guarantees a 50 point beat down this Sunday

How many times have the Patriots been caught cheating?

And nobody gets caught every time. People usually don't even get caught most of the time.

So how many times have the Patriots been cheating and haven't been caught. Because they had a plausible alibi.

We already know they are cheaters. But not this time. Because they had a plausible alibi.

Then we'll hear post-game from the Bengals locker room. "It's like they were in our huddle... I don't get it."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    This weekend was a win when Burrow shredded yet another top defense stacked with NFL quality players.

The cherry on top was the loss on Sunday.

Great, great weekend.
    I was talking with a buddy about Burrow last weekend. Now the guy is a UK fan but tends to root for the SEC teams in the playoffs. We got around to talking Burrow v Young, and what the Bengals should do. He thinks Burrow is elite, which if he is, you absolutely take him.

I have some concerns about Burrow and I am not exactly convinced he is elite. I don't know if he is a franchise type QB or Andy Dalton 2.0. He also is an older QB, which helps in college, if you have 3-4 years of experience on opposing players, it really pays dividends. I also saw somewhere that most QB's make a jump in the exact year Burrow did.

If the Bengals think he is elite, you have to take him. If they don't, then you have to trade the pick. As much as I like Young, and as much as I think he is a difference maker, if you could trade and stay in the top 5-10 range, draft an OL, rebuild there, and then you have something to build upon.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was talking with a buddy about Burrow last weekend. Now the guy is a UK fan but tends to root for the SEC teams in the playoffs. We got around to talking Burrow v Young, and what the Bengals should do. He thinks Burrow is elite, which if he is, you absolutely take him.

I have some concerns about Burrow and I am not exactly convinced he is elite. I don't know if he is a franchise type QB or Andy Dalton 2.0. He also is an older QB, which helps in college, if you have 3-4 years of experience on opposing players, it really pays dividends. I also saw somewhere that most QB's make a jump in the exact year Burrow did.

If the Bengals think he is elite, you have to take him. If they don't, then you have to trade the pick. As much as I like Young, and as much as I think he is a difference maker, if you could trade and stay in the top 5-10 range, draft an OL, rebuild there, and then you have something to build upon.
    A lot of things to consider with this pick. The only can't miss QB I've seen in college football this year will be facing OSU in a few weeks.

As for Burrow there's two things he's got on Andy Dalton right now: Height (2") and foot speed. He's much faster than Andy. He's got OK arm strength but I think it could get better in the NFL. Get him working with Tom House or some guru like that. He is a 5th yr SR and there's nothing wrong with that. I also like that he's a coach's son. He's got the game in his blood.

We've still got a long way to go on this and I'm keeping an open mind but as of right now, he's my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A lot of things to consider with this pick. The only can't miss QB I've seen in college football this year will be facing OSU in a few weeks.

As for Burrow there's two things he's got on Andy Dalton right now: Height (2") and foot speed. He's much faster than Andy. He's got OK arm strength but I think it could get better in the NFL. Get him working with Tom House or some guru like that. He is a 5th yr SR and there's nothing wrong with that. I also like that he's a coach's son. He's got the game in his blood.

We've still got a long way to go on this and I'm keeping an open mind but as of right now, he's my choice
    I just can't get over the accuracy. He finds the open guy so consistently and puts it right on him.

There are plays where the Bengals actually have an open guy, but Andy panics if he can't get rid of the ball in 2 seconds or less.

I was thinking Sunday about Carson Palmer and how fun it was to watch a gunslinging QB. Whether the Bengals are ever Super Bowl contenders or not, whatever, I can't quite get myself to hope that much for a franchise this dumb, but I'd love to watch QB play like that again.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

20. Likes:

membengal (12-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

I was thinking Sunday about Carson Palmer and how fun it was to watch a gunslinging QB. Whether the Bengals are ever Super Bowl contenders or not, whatever, I can't quite get myself to hope that much for a franchise this dumb, but I'd love to watch QB play like that again.
    I couldn't agree more. Win or lose, after years of Kitnas, Akilis, Klinglers, Frerottes, Mitchells, etc... It was nice to watch upper tier QB in stripes. My vote is for Burrow as well.

Since PFF has been tracking college passing (2006), Burrow is #1 all time against pressure in YPA, TDs, completion %, adjusted completion %, and passer rating. He's historically good, and I hope he's putting up these numbers behind the Bengals bad O Line next year .

23. Likes:

membengal (12-10-2019)

Turn Off Ads?