Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    If this is the dream ANY Bengals fan has, they’re not really a Bengals fan are they?

Incorrect.

I grew up in Cincinnati and lived there for 30+ years. It’s still my “home” even though I live in Denver now. The Bengals and Reds are in my blood. They’re basically my family and there’s nothing I can do to change it. It’s very painful being a Bengals fan. All we, as fans, really want is ownership to try and win. That’s it. We realize this won’t happen every year, but trying to win isn’t much to ask for. Yet, we clearly see we’re not getting any effort from ownership. None, zero, zilch. And, to top it off, they could care less about their fans. They constantly kick us while we’re down.

So, rooting for them to go 0-16 this year and hopefully next year doesn’t mean we’re not fans. We care so much that we’d rather them reach a new undiscovered rock bottom so there’s just a smidgeon of a chance the NFL would step in to stop this mess. If the garbage Brown produces stinks enough and hurts the NFL image/profits enough, we have hope. At this point, it’s our only hope.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-09-2019),Redsfaithful (11-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Marge Schott said the magic words. Did it help the Reds? I would say not

She obviously needed to go. Unlike her successors, she wanted to win. But, she was a despicable human.

Now that I found out Brown wanted to keep his slaves, I mean paid players, for their entire career I don’t think he’s that far behind Marge on the human quality scale.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    She obviously needed to go. Unlike her successors, she wanted to win. But, she was a despicable human.

Now that I found out Brown wanted to keep his slaves, I mean paid players, for their entire career I don’t think he’s that far behind Marge on the human quality scale.
    It's besides the point what you feel about her personally. The point here is did this help the team on the field? I'd say no. Since MB does not have her personality, the only thing we're trying to do here is improve the on field product.

I believe history will look very favorably on Marvin Lewis.

I was super critical of his weaknesses, particularly his clock management and halftime adjustments. But jeez... it's no wonder. Dude was plugging like 30 holes at a time, least of which being the game he happened to be coaching at that moment.

Now that he's gone... it hasn't taken but half of a season to erase all the progress Marvin Lewis made. They are back to being NFL Jail. "You know it's bad when you gotta wear the stripes." All the Mike Brown nonsense that Lewis was able to downplay, mitigate, etc... it's all exposed again.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The Reds were about to implode under Marge, she stopped paying for scouts, and I don't think she was going to be able to keep up with increased payrolls.

I think the sad secret to the last few years is that Katie is as bad as her father. I suspected - remember her talking to Andre Smith during his contract negotations on Hard Knocks? - but had hoped it would be different.

The local media plays a part in this also. The Brown family has had a stupidly smooth ride all these years from WLW and the Enquirer for how terrible they are.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Marge Schott said the magic words. Did it help the Reds? I would say not
    Completely different day, age, and generation.

Without getting political, it’s the snowflakes and the ok boomers.

Donald Sterling is the example of what would happen now if that happened today.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

The local media plays a part in this also. The Brown family has had a stupidly smooth ride all these years from WLW and the Enquirer for how terrible they are.
    Absolutely.

It’s early, but I want Burrow in Cincinnati now.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-09-2019),RiverRat13 (11-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It’s early, but I want Burrow in Cincinnati now.
    31 for 39 versus a very good Bama team in Alabama...Tua was good as well throwing for over 400 yds. Either player would be a good fit for the Bengals.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    31 for 39 versus a very good Bama team in Alabama...Tua was good as well throwing for over 400 yds. Either player would be a good fit for the Bengals.
    21/40 though, although to be fair Tua was playing on a bad ankle.

Likely Heisman winner, Ohio native (Athens, three hours from Cincinnati), will sell tickets, just knocked off Bama in their own building. What’s not to like?

15. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    21/40 though, although to be fair Tua was playing on a bad ankle.

Likely Heisman winner, Ohio native (Athens, three hours from Cincinnati), will sell tickets, just knocked off Bama in their own building. What’s not to like?
    I really like Burrow. I'm not quite sure how he made such a jump in one year, but he sure looks legit to me.

Predict the Bengals' Starting QB results.

First, I don't think he comes out for the 2nd Half and Dalton has to go in.

2nd, despite being down by multiple touchdowns in the first half I don't think he will be allowed to throw the ball more than 3 times 10 yards past the line of scrimmage and not more than one time 20 yards beyond the Line of scrimmage.

3rd, I believe he ends up with more sacks, fumbles and interceptions than completions.

4th, I don't think he ends up with more than 50 Net Yards (Total Passing Yards minus Interception return yards, yards lost to sacks, and yards lost to fumbles and fumble return yards.)

Lastly, I don't think he'll average more than 5 yards per completion, which includes yards after catch.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Another thin crowd at PBS today.

Finley 20-31 1 TD/2 Int 215 yds passing, sacked 4 times...Bengals lose 28-10
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Finley 20-31 1 TD/2 Int 215 yds passing, sacked 4 times...Bengals lose 28-10
    That's really optimistic.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?