Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Maybe the Bengals outcoach them?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

North (12-06-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Maybe the Bengals outcoach them?
    And overcome that kind of talent gap? That would be a stain on Freddie Kitchens to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And overcome that kind of talent gap? That would be a stain on Freddie Kitchens to be sure
    Ever since Miami made the convenient Larry Coker hire, I've learned that it will always end up in complete failure. Coker took over a team with such a ridiculous amount of talent that they were going to win the National Championship even if Dave Shula was head coach. By next year, they were losing 21-0 to Rutgers to start the game before coming back and winning. They eventually end up losing the National Championship to a completely inferior OSU team and Coker's years were progressively worse year-after-year. While there are other political reasons why Miami's demise, it all began with the 'convenient' hire of Larry Coker.

Freddie Kitchens was a convenient hire and a guy who no one really respects and his team follows suit by lacking any type of discipline. He will and should be fired when they lose to the Bengals on Sunday. You can see it all coming together.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 12-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Ever since Miami made the convenient Larry Coker hire, I've learned that it will always end up in complete failure. Coker took over a team with such a ridiculous amount of talent that they were going to win the National Championship even if Dave Shula was head coach. By next year, they were losing 21-0 to Rutgers to start the game before coming back and winning. They eventually end up losing the National Championship to a completely inferior OSU team and Coker's years were progressively worse year-after-year. While there are other political reasons why Miami's demise, it all began with the 'convenient' hire of Larry Coker.

Freddie Kitchens was a convenient hire and a guy who no one really respects and his team follows suit by lacking any type of discipline. He will and should be fired when they lose to the Bengals on Sunday. You can see it all coming together.
    Kitchens never should have been hired in the first place and I said that at the time. Browns fans kicked at my shins for my blasphemy but notice they're not saying anything right now. Kitchens was hired 'cause he got along well with both Dorsey and Mayfield. The fact that he'd never been a head coach before even in high school was overlooked. Kitchens is a big part of the problem but I think another part is Mayfield.

You will be King of Predictions if this comes true.

Otherwise its just wacky.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    You will be King of Predictions if this comes true.

Otherwise its just wacky.
    I think the Bengals beat the Browns 1 of 2 times in these last few weeks. The Browns season has been that kind of season. It's just going to get progressively worse. What's the worst thing to happen? Losing to a 1 or 2 win Bengals team.

I think the Bengals beat the Browns 1 of 2 times in these last few weeks. The Browns season has been that kind of season. It's just going to get progressively worse. What's the worst thing to happen? Losing to a 1 or 2 win Bengals team.
    You will get no argument from me my friend (LOL). I've already stated such on the possibility. But I don't see it happening this weekend IN CLEVELAND. If it were to occur this Sunday, then Kitchen just put the last nail in his coffin in the off-season when he will be fired IMO.

The Brown's defense has been maligned all year due to injury and shuffling players here and there to fill holes. With Ross back, plus Boyd, Andy could have a solid day passing. And the Brown's D vs the run ain't good. That's a plus for Mixon.

IMO, the only way the Browns lose this game is if they do what they've done numerous times this season vs teams with inferior talent whom they should beat ... shot themselves in the foot, and they've been quite good at it.

Which Browns team is going to show up this week?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

With all this talk about Chase Young, I've really been keeping an eye on Clemson LBer Isaiah Simmons. Pretty neat story on this kid ...

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ebacker-future
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You will get no argument from me my friend (LOL). I've already stated such on the possibility. But I don't see it happening this weekend IN CLEVELAND. If it were to occur this Sunday, then Kitchen just put the last nail in his coffin in the off-season when he will be fired IMO.

The Brown's defense has been maligned all year due to injury and shuffling players here and there to fill holes. With Ross back, plus Boyd, Andy could have a solid day passing. And the Brown's D vs the run ain't good. That's a plus for Mixon.

IMO, the only way the Browns lose this game is if they do what they've done numerous times this season vs teams with inferior talent whom they should beat ... shot themselves in the foot, and they've been quite good at it.

Which Browns team is going to show up this week?
    I mean, all the pieces are coming together for the Bengals and Browns to both equally Bengalize and Brown-ize their franchises. It. would totally be a Bengals thing to do to not only lose the #1 pick but end up with 3, maybe 4 wins and fall back to #5 or 6 in the draft while the Browns end up making a memorable season in ways they don't want to remember it.

I will say now after watching Justin Herbert for a few games now I do not want him with the Bengals first round pick. He is not a smooth QB. Inconsistent and erratic though athletic. I want more accuracy with a 1st rd pick, particularly as high as the Bengals will be picking

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (12-07-2019)

I mean, all the pieces are coming together for the Bengals and Browns to both equally Bengalize and Brown-ize their franchises. It. would totally be a Bengals thing to do to not only lose the #1 pick but end up with 3, maybe 4 wins and fall back to #5 or 6 in the draft while the Browns end up making a memorable season in ways they don't want to remember it.
    It's yet another thing that this Lost Decade II has with Lost Decade I.

They lose when they are supposed to win. Then, when the playoffs are out of reach, they win when they are supposed to lose.

I fully expect the Bengals to win out, at this point, and pick 7th or 8th. Where they will then select John Glass WR, or a pack-a-day smoking TE, or some OSU graduate that they over-value, because it was one of the 3 or 4 schools they actually scouted in person, etc, etc.

It's just what they do.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It's yet another thing that this Lost Decade II has with Lost Decade I.

They lose when they are supposed to win. Then, when the playoffs are out of reach, they win when they are supposed to lose.

I fully expect the Bengals to win out, at this point, and pick 7th or 8th. Where they will then select John Glass WR, or a pack-a-day smoking TE, or the like.

It's just what they do.
    So you expect them to beat the Patriots?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    So you expect them to beat the Patriots?
    Yes I do. It's the dead cat bounce. This is not uncharted territory. They go 0 for September/October/November, then start lighting everyone up.

2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Nm
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’ll have what your having.
    It's not a far fetched as you might think. It's at home, the Patriots offense looks flat, and the Patriots defense is coming down to Earth too.

Plus, it's in the Bengals best interests to lose.

So you already know...

edit: They'll beat the Browns twice, getting Kitchens fired, which also isn't in their best interests.

Honestly, it's like predicting that the Sun will rise tomorrow morning.

19. Likes:

North (12-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?