Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trade Targets

Re: Offseason Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    And in general I'm making Lodolo, Stephenson and Garcia next to untouchable.
    Watch him turn out to be the best of the bunch, but Garcia is actually the one from that group I'd feel okay with dealing. Would like to keep Lodolo and Stephenson.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I get the idea of hanging on to the prospects, but that equates to playing for some season after 2020. If they aren't going for it in 2020, the should deal Bauer and Disco and acquire some long term solutions at the positions where they have a lot of holes. If you are going to go for it based o na rotation with four good or better starters, then actually go for it since two of those four won't be around after 2020. Really try to win in 2020 or try to win multiple times after 2020.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

REDREAD (12-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I get the idea of hanging on to the prospects, but that equates to playing for some season after 2020. If they aren't going for it in 2020, the should deal Bauer and Disco and acquire some long term solutions at the positions where they have a lot of holes. If you are going to go for it based o na rotation with four good or better starters, then actually go for it since two of those four won't be around after 2020. Really try to win in 2020 or try to win multiple times after 2020.
    2025 or Bust!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (12-10-2019)

I think signing Didi and (probably overpaying for) a trade for Starling Marte makes this a really special team.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (12-10-2019)

I don't think Marte and Didi make it special. Mookie or Lindor and Ryu could make it pretty freaking good though.

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    I don't think Marte and Didi make it special. Mookie or Lindor and Ryu could make it pretty freaking good though.
    Agreed. But that's not all that likely to happen. And if it were to happen, we no-longer have a farm system. Didi and Marte can be had at a much more reasonable price and Marte is rumored to be much more available than Mookie or Lindor.

Ryu is 32 years old and never pitched more than 200 innings. If it's him or what we have, I go with what we have.
    Last edited by BuckWild03; 12-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Marte and Didi, with some help in the pen and bench, would be a really good team.

And there’d be plenty of prospect capital to replenish at the deadline or next season.

12. Likes:

BuckWild03 (12-10-2019),REDREAD (12-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    Ryu is 32 years old and never pitched more than 200 innings. If it's him or what we have, I go with what we have.
    No Reds pitcher threw 200 innings last year, and it's becoming increasingly rare in MLB. Ryu has pitched like a #1 his last 45 starts.

14. Likes:

OGB (12-17-2019),REDREAD (12-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    No Reds pitcher threw 200 innings last year, and it's becoming increasingly rare in MLB. Ryu has pitched like a #1 his last 45 starts.
    Ok, but Ryu's also spent half of his last 4 seasons on the IL. I'd prefer someone a little more durable than that, especially in a 32 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    In a whirlwind of moves at the winter meetings, I want the Reds to make the following trades:

CIN gets:
    SS Trevor Story
    OF David Dahl
    LH Kyle Freeland

COL gets:
    CA Tyler Stephenson
    RH Tyler Mahle
    OF Jesse Wiinker

---------

CIN gets:
    CA Willson Contreras
    RH Tyler Chatwood

CHC gets:
    CA Curt Casali
    OF Stu Fairchild
    RH Sal Romano

---------

CIN gets:
    OF Trey Mancini

BAL gets:
    OF Aristides Aquino
    RH Tony Santillan
    OF Mike Siani

----------

Then the Reds turn around and sign:

LHP Dallas Keuchel
    LHP Alex Wood

Suddenly you've got a VERY competitive team. And haven't given up either India or Lodolo.
    I don't think the Rockies and Cubs even entertain those conversations, but the Reds do line up pretty well with the Rockies - Story and Dahl would be great targets. I'd probably start with India/Santillan/Winker/Mahle. Story in GABP would be amazing.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer22 View Post
    I don't think the Rockies and Cubs even entertain those conversations, but the Reds do line up pretty well with the Rockies - Story and Dahl would be great targets. I'd probably start with India/Santillan/Winker/Mahle. Story in GABP would be amazing.
    Keep in mind that any and all trade proposals on this board (at least by me) should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Clubs are working with 10x the information and 10x the expertise as any of us randos posting here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

Tigers are getting interest in LHP Matthew Boyd. Market is strong with lefties (Ryu, Bumgarner, Keuchel, Miley) but teams that are unable to land them may start turning toward Boyd.
    11:37am · 10 Dec 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Just for funsies:

CLE gets:
    SS Gavin Lux
    RH Tyler Mahle
    OF Jesse Winker
    IF Alex Blandino

LAD gets:
    SS Francisco Lindor
    RH Mike Clevinger

CIN gets:
    SS Corey Seager
    OF Kiké Hernandez

=======================

BOS gets:
    RH Matt Bowman
    OF Aristides Aquino

CIN gets:
    LH David Price
    OF Andrew Benintendi
    $36M Cash

Sign Castellanos (6/$114)

========================

1b Votto
    2b Moustakas
    SS Seager
    3b Suarez
    LF Senzel
    CF Benintendi
    RF Castellanos
    CA Barnsali

IF Galvis
    UT Farmer
    OF Ervin
    OF Jankowski
    CA Casali

RH Castillo
    RH Gray
    RH Bauer
    LH Price
    RH Desclafani

RH Stephenson
    RH Sims
    RH Kuhnel
    RH Lorenzen
    RH Iglesias
    LH Reed
    LH Garrett
    LH ???/Martini

20. Likes:

REDREAD (12-16-2019)

Cleveland would have to get back a heck of a lot more than Lux, Mahle, Winker, and Blandino for Clevinger and Lindor. That return might enough for one of them. I'm not a fan of giving up Aquino(Boston would have to pay at least half of Price's salary in that deal), and I'm certainly not a fan of giving Castellanos 100+ million.

22. Likes:

Tribe Guy (12-17-2019)

I know that has Clev going to the dodgers, but I’m telling you right now that dude is going to implode. I don’t want him anywhere close to my team.

Don’t be surprised if you see Clev traded by cleveland sooner than expected. It’s not going to make sense when it happens, but it will eventually in hindsight.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 12-16-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?