8. Charlie Blackmon
    9. Kirby Yates
    10. Ken Giles

LINK

2. Likes:

REDREAD (11-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offseason Trade Targets

I’d prefer additions through FA, if possible.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-12-2019),Ben Zinger (11-08-2019),CarolinaRedleg (11-08-2019),corkedbat (11-08-2019),DocRed (11-08-2019),RED VAN HOT (11-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I’d prefer additions through FA, if possible.
    I assume there will be a combination of both....FA signings and trades.

Whit is the one guy I would give up a decent amount for. Blackmon could be interesting as I think he could be had for fewer prospects and because of his high salary. The other hitters aren't so interesting to me either because they aren't controlled for long or would just cost too much. Not interested in pitchers as that's not what we need.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Trey Mancini would be an interesting target if AA can play CF (Senzel to 2nd). Or also if the team doesn't believe AA is the real deal, they could make him the headliner in a deal for Mancini.

Seems like JBJ should be on that list as well.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Trevor Story
    Bauer, Galvis, Garcia, & ?

Offseason Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    Trevor Story
    Bauer, Galvis, Garcia, & ?
    CO could use Bauer as a stater, but wouldn’t help CO with salary relief if that is their goal of unloading Story and Blackmon and I thought thats what they were after.

I trade Senzel and Mahle to Royals for Merrifield. Hold onto Garcia for SS but sign Didi to placehold.

My only no traders from Reds are Lodolo, Ty Steph, and Garcia far as prospects. As much as I’d love Betts I just can’t let these guys go for 1 year only. I might consider Greene and Barnhart (if we sign Grandal) . Interesting to see what Sox will get for Betts if they do trade him.
    Last edited by SomeCallMeTim; 11-08-2019 at 07:16 PM.

I'd prefer a mix. A couple solid to great FA bat signings, a backend starter candidate, a couple of 2nd tier relievers (a righty & a lefty) and at least one strong trade with a controllable bat as the centerpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    CO could use Bauer as a stater, but wouldn’t help CO with salary relief if that is their goal of unloading Story and Blackmon and I thought thats what they were after.

I trade Senzel and Mahle to Royals for Merrifield. Hold onto Garcia for SS but sign Didi to placehold.

My only no traders from Reds are Lodolo, Ty Steph, and Garcia far as prospects. As much as I’d love Betts I just can’t let these guys go for 1 year only. I might consider Greene and Barnhart (if we sign Grandal) . Interesting to see what Sox will get for Betts if they do trade him.
    Greene's not off limits by any means, but if I do deal him it needs to be for someone with more than one year of control.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    I trade Senzel and Mahle to Royals for Merrifield.
    The Royals would be elated.

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-09-2019),marcshoe (11-08-2019),OGB (11-11-2019),Redeyecat (11-09-2019),Revering4Blue (11-08-2019),SErebel11 (11-08-2019),Wonderful Monds (11-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Greene's not off limits by any means, but if I do deal him it needs to be for someone with more than one year of control.
    They'd be trading him at low value. I don't think I'd even entertain offers until he gets back on the field. I know you're taking a chance on him coming back strong, but I'd make the bet that he will.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

16. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-09-2019),corkedbat (11-08-2019),jwbennett1977 (11-12-2019),Redeyecat (11-09-2019),wlf WV (11-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I think the problem with moving Greene right now is we would be selling low.

18. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-09-2019),corkedbat (11-08-2019),jwbennett1977 (11-12-2019),marcshoe (11-09-2019),Redeyecat (11-09-2019),Shoeless Jeff (11-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Whit is the one guy I would give up a decent amount for. Blackmon could be interesting as I think he could be had for fewer prospects and because of his high salary. The other hitters aren't so interesting to me either because they aren't controlled for long or would just cost too much. Not interested in pitchers as that's not what we need.
    I would consider Blackmon if the Rockies would eat some of that salary. Be a solid bat in LF, and his contract lines up to expire when Votto's expires.

20. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-09-2019)

i would see what it would take to trade for Betts , Then ask about Springer, then ask about Pham.. See which is a better fit with not losing to much in return..(For the OF)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    They'd be trading him at low value. I don't think I'd even entertain offers until he gets back on the field. I know you're taking a chance on him coming back strong, but I'd make the bet that he will.
    Yeah teams are going to want to see him actually perform before giving up real value in return for him. Even if they gave him a physical and throwing evaluation first and loved what they saw, they'd have to be very suspicious of why the Reds would be willing to trade him. We can't sell low on a guy with his upside.

Turn Off Ads?