Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trade Targets

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Offseason Trade Targets

Report: Multiple executives say Indians’ Francisco Lindor ‘is going to get traded’

According to ESPN's Jeff Passan, multiple executives said Lindor "is going to get traded."

Passan listed Lindor among other names to be involved in trade talks at the 2019 winter meetings which begin Monday in San Diego.

It's not clear if the Lindor trade would happen this winter or next summer.

Passan wrote, "considering how disciplined the Indians are, they want to maximize Lindor's value, and doing so means trading him before the July 31 deadline."
    Sounds like informed speculation rather than a specific leak by the Indians FO.

Still...
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

What I would like to see:

Reds trade: Aristedes Aquino, Johnathon India, and Tyler Mahle

Orioles Trade: Trey Mancini(RF) and Brenan Hanifee(A+) RHP #18 prospect
    Last edited by schroomytunes; 12-03-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    What I would like to see:

Reds trade: Aristedes Aquino, Johnathon India, and Tyler Mahle

Orioles Trade: Trey Mancini(RF) and Brenan Hanifee(A+) RHP #18 prospect
    Trey Mancini is young and controlled for cheap for the next 3 years. I would guess he would take all of Aquino, India and Mahle to get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Trey Mancini is young and controlled for cheap for the next 3 years. I would guess he would take all of Aquino, India and Mahle to get that done.
    I'd do that without blinking. None of the three are sure things, and Mancini is performing right now.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

That trade simulator (I know) said this was an equivalent deal:

CHC gets:
    IF India
    RH Mahle
    IF Blandino

CIN gets:
    SS Baez
    CA Contrares
    RH Chatwood

Who says no?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That trade simulator (I know) said this was an equivalent deal:

CHC gets:
    IF India
    RH Mahle
    IF Blandino

CIN gets:
    SS Baez
    CA Contrares
    RH Chatwood

Who says no?
    The Cubs would probably block your number for suggesting that trade.

9. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (12-06-2019),Edd Roush (12-06-2019),marcshoe (12-05-2019),Old school 1983 (12-05-2019),redsman2007 (12-05-2019),Tom Servo (12-04-2019)

Two moves I like the Reds to do at the Winter Meetings:

1. Nick Senzel and Tyler Mahle to the Pirates for Starling Marte

2. Reds sign OF Nick Castellanos to play RF.

1. Marte CF
    2. Votto lb
    3. Suarez. 3b
    4. Moustakas 2b
    5. Castellanos RF
    6. Winkler
    7. Galvis ss
    8. Barnhart. c
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2019)

I think Senzel's going to be worth a whole lot more a year or two from now than he is at the moment. It's a bad time to trade him, unless someone pays for his potential.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

13. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (12-06-2019),Coopdaddy67 (12-06-2019),MrRedSkull (12-06-2019),Redeyecat (12-05-2019),redsman2007 (12-06-2019),RiverRat13 (12-06-2019),The Operator (12-06-2019),Tom Servo (12-05-2019),wolfboy (12-06-2019),Wonderful Monds (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Two moves I like the Reds to do at the Winter Meetings:

1. Nick Senzel and Tyler Mahle to the Pirates for Starling Marte

2. Reds sign OF Nick Castellanos to play RF.

1. Marte CF
    2. Votto lb
    3. Suarez. 3b
    4. Moustakas 2b
    5. Castellanos RF
    6. Winkler
    7. Galvis ss
    8. Barnhart. c
    So you're just abandoing Aquino?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Report: Multiple executives say Indians’ Francisco Lindor ‘is going to get traded’

Sounds like informed speculation rather than a specific leak by the Indians FO.

Still...
    Remember, Wrong Verb, that all last offseason there were rumors all over that the Indians were going to trade Kluber and/or Bauer and nothing happened. All the rumors surrounding the Indians this offseason, like last offseason, are coming from national media and other local media, not coming out of Cleveland. If you remember at last year's deadline, a member of the national media stated that the Indians were not trading Bauer. Later that day, the Bauer trade was made. The Indians front office does not do their business in the media. We will see what happens with Lindor. I have trust that Chris Antonetti and Mike Chernoff will do what is best for the immediate and long term interest of the Cleveland Indians.

If we're talking about sending Castillo off somewhere, it would have to be to the Dodgers for me to get Buehler plus either Seager and/or Verdugo back. Would want to fix a spot in the lineup with controlled years and get a reputable SP back in return. Dodgers would probably need more to free up Buehler though I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Would they dare try to pull off/finalize a deal right in the middle of Redsfest to really get it cranked up this weekend?

Outside the box idea. Suarez, Galvis, Winker, India to Boston for Bogaerts and Betts. Sox get cost controlled talent and save on luxury tax. Reds get win now with Betts and get a stud SS long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Outside the box idea. Suarez, Galvis, Winker, India to Boston for Bogaerts and Betts. Sox get cost controlled talent and save on luxury tax. Reds get win now with Betts and get a stud SS long term.
    This is an interesting idea. I was first against it but I think it really could work for both sides. As strange as it sounds, I think the Reds would miss Galvis most in the breakdown of that deal. Bogaerts and Suarez are definitely not the same but a I'd view them as close to a wash (Suarez more power and Bogaerts a premium position). One year of Betts (and his salary) for Winker and Galvis seems fair to me. In the end, we'd loose the backup SS in Galvis but I'm sure they could sign someone for that a la Iglesias. It allows Moose to play 3B and Senzel to move back to 2B with Betts in CF.

I like this deal, though I don't think it would ever happen. It's a good idea!

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I was first against it but I think it really could work for both sides. As strange as it sounds, I think the Reds would miss Galvis most in the breakdown of that deal. Bogaerts and Suarez are definitely not the same but a I'd view them as close to a wash (Suarez more power and Bogaerts a premium position). One year of Betts (and his salary) for Winker and Galvis seems fair to me. In the end, we'd loose the backup SS in Galvis but I'm sure they could sign someone for that a la Iglesias. It allows Moose to play 3B and Senzel to move back to 2B with Betts in CF.

I like this deal, though I don't think it would ever happen. It's a good idea!
    Idk of the real life possibilities of it, but I thought this or something similar was more interesting than talking about draining the farm for Betts

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-06-2019),Ron Madden (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    No. No. No. Just stupid IMO to throw away the value we have in Suarez’s contract.

In the end I think Sox are going to unload Price or another pitcher to hold onto Betts.

Turn Off Ads?