Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trade Targets

Re: Offseason Trade Targets

If someone wants to overpay for AAs potential let them. Ton of power but his contact issues probably mean long stretches of nothing with bursts of fireworks in between. I don't mind seeing what he can do but the wiser move may be dealing him.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

2. Likes:

OGB (12-02-2019),REDREAD (11-26-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'd argue that OBP is always important, but a relative lack of it can be overcome with extreme talent as a slugger or on defense/ the basepaths.
    Making up for low OBP with high SLG isn't unreasonable. But as for defense/baserunning, Billy Hamilton says hello.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-01-2019),Ron Madden (11-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Omar Narvaes C being shopped by Mariners. Solid offensive catcher with 3 years of control.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...z-catcher.html
    Would the Reds consider Omar Narvaez straight up for Robert Stephenson?

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Would the Reds consider Omar Narvaez straight up for Robert Stephenson?
    In a heartbeat. I'm not sure how strongly they feel about Tyler Stephenson though? That's a better question and one the M's might consider.

Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    In a heartbeat. I'm not sure how strongly they feel about Tyler Stephenson though? That's a better question and one the M's might consider.
    Robert Stephenson comes with four years of team control and may fit into Seattle's plan of blurring the distinction between starters and relievers. Stephenson could be a multiple-inning pitcher who goes through the opponent's lineup only once (or so), not necessarily entering in the first inning. The righthander could complement lefties Marco Gonzales, Yusei Kikuchi and Justus Sheffield.

This Trade Simulator approves the trade of Stephenson for Omar Narvaez, who has three years of team control with a projected 2020 salary of $2.9 million:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/

Robert Stephenson comes with four years of team control and may fit into Seattle's plan of blurring the distinction between starters and relievers. Stephenson could be a multiple-inning pitcher who goes through the opponent's lineup only once (or so), not necessarily entering in the first inning. The righthander could complement lefties Marco Gonzales, Yusei Kikuchi and Justus Sheffield.

This Trade Simulator approves the trade of Stephenson for Omar Narvaez, who has three years of team control with a projected 2020 salary of $2.9 million:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/
    I'd trade a middle reliever for a good starting catcher all day. If the Mariners would take that deal then it should be completed ASAP. I'd throw in a prospect like Friedl too. I'm still doubting they'd take that though.

I'd trade a middle reliever for a good starting catcher all day. If the Mariners would take that deal then it should be completed ASAP. I'd throw in a prospect like Friedl too. I'm still doubting they'd take that though.
    What if the Reds added Kevin Gausman and his entire projected 2020 salary of $10.6 million?

Kevin Gausman and Robert Stephenson for Omar Narvaez:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-16751/

What if the Reds added Kevin Gausman and his entire projected 2020 salary of $10.6 million?

Kevin Gausman and Robert Stephenson for Omar Narvaez:

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-16751/
    The Reds aren't required to keep Gausman and pay his salary so that should have no bearing since he is a negative value at that price. A team would be better off just releasing him.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

12. Likes:

marcshoe (11-29-2019),mth123 (11-27-2019)

On MLB Trade Rumors, Steve Adams has a list of possible non-tenders who should be available, at least, for trades.

Reds' suspects include Jose Peraza and Kevin Gausman. (I suspect both will be non-tendered or traded in the coming week.)

Of those mentioned from other teams, I'd target:

Chad Pinder, IF/OF Oakland A's
    Pinder has serious pop and could bust out as a 25 HR guy in a smaller park. He's fringy as a SS, but serviceable if his bat is 10% above league average or so.

Addison Russell, SS Chicago Cubs
    The opposite of Pinder, Russell is an elite glove who's forgotten how to hit. I suspect he'd outperform Galvis given the same ABs. Off-field issues may be problematic.

Steven Souza, Jr., OF Arizona Diamondbacks
    This is an easy one, IMO. Souza has big-time power and has been a very good RF according to Statcast. This assumes he can man CF capably, allowing Senzel to move to the keystone position.

Jose Urena, SP Miami Marlins
    As a swingman who might have more in the tank, he's worth a shot. Depth, certainly.

Chris Devenski, RHRP Houston Astros
    Here's a veteran arm who's been relatively solid for four seasons. Quality guy in the mold of 2017 David Hernandez.

Yimi Garcia, RHRP LA Dodgers
    My favorite trade target. If the Dodgers are indeed looking to cut costs, Garcia is an elite arm. He gives up way too many HR (and that would likely continue in the GABP), but his upside is dominant.

Scott Alexander, LHRP LA Dodgers
    Another Dodger, Alexander (once drafted by the Reds) is good against both righties and southpaws and would be ideal as the third lefty in a pen. (He, Reed, and Garrett would be obnoxiously good, IMO.)

On MLB Trade Rumors, Steve Adams has a list of possible non-tenders who should be available, at least, for trades.

Reds' suspects include Jose Peraza and Kevin Gausman. (I suspect both will be non-tendered or traded in the coming week.)

Of those mentioned from other teams, I'd target:

Chad Pinder, IF/OF Oakland A's
    Pinder has serious pop and could bust out as a 25 HR guy in a smaller park. He's fringy as a SS, but serviceable if his bat is 10% above league average or so.

Addison Russell, SS Chicago Cubs
    The opposite of Pinder, Russell is an elite glove who's forgotten how to hit. I suspect he'd outperform Galvis given the same ABs. Off-field issues may be problematic.

Steven Souza, Jr., OF Arizona Diamondbacks
    This is an easy one, IMO. Souza has big-time power and has been a very good RF according to Statcast. This assumes he can man CF capably, allowing Senzel to move to the keystone position.

Jose Urena, SP Miami Marlins
    As a swingman who might have more in the tank, he's worth a shot. Depth, certainly.

Chris Devenski, RHRP Houston Astros
    Here's a veteran arm who's been relatively solid for four seasons. Quality guy in the mold of 2017 David Hernandez.

Yimi Garcia, RHRP LA Dodgers
    My favorite trade target. If the Dodgers are indeed looking to cut costs, Garcia is an elite arm. He gives up way too many HR (and that would likely continue in the GABP), but his upside is dominant.

Scott Alexander, LHRP LA Dodgers
    Another Dodger, Alexander (once drafted by the Reds) is good against both righties and southpaws and would be ideal as the third lefty in a pen. (He, Reed, and Garrett would be obnoxiously good, IMO.)
    Good list. In order my interest would be:

Russell
    Souza - though I'm not sure he can play CF. But I'd roll the dice and moze Aquino there or give Souza a shot. He can hit.
    Devenski
    Urena
    Garcia
    Alexander
    Pinder

Others not mentioned who I'd be after - Cesar Hernandez, Koda Glover, Blake Treinen, Hunter Strickland.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

REDREAD (12-04-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Addison Russell
    No.

17. Likes:

OGB (12-02-2019),Rdirtypirates (11-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No.
    He's just an Addison

I'd have Pinder farther up the list than mth. Low OBP but a lot more power than we're likely to get from Peraza or Blandino. A question to consider, and I don't have any suggested answer: if we could acquire Didi (or Villar, for that matter, as an SS) and pair him with Senzel (or even, Didi-Villar, with Senzel in CF), would we get good enough middle infield backup defense from Pinder-Van Meter to make all of Galvis, Peraza, and Blandino expendable?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'd have Pinder farther up the list than mth. Low OBP but a lot more power than we're likely to get from Peraza or Blandino. A question to consider, and I don't have any suggested answer: if we could acquire Didi (or Villar, for that matter, as an SS) and pair him with Senzel (or even, Didi-Villar, with Senzel in CF), would we get good enough middle infield backup defense from Pinder-Van Meter to make all of Galvis, Peraza, and Blandino expendable?
    I think with DIdi-Villar, you'd have two guys who can play SS. You'd still need a PH who can play 2B and 3B. VanMeter would probably be the guy. No need to pay so much for Galvis and Peraza with better players around.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

For what it's worth, Baseball Trade Values assigned Omar Narvaez a surplus value of $11.9 million as recently as October 31 but has since downgraded the Seattle catcher to a surplus value of $5.1 million.

The Seattle front office may be holding out for the earlier figure.

Turn Off Ads?