Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trade Targets

Re: Offseason Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    For what it's worth, Baseball Trade Values assigned Omar Narvaez a surplus value of $11.9 million as recently as October 31 but has since downgraded the Seattle catcher to a surplus value of $5.1 million.

The Seattle front office may be holding out for the earlier figure.
    He had a bad November. I think it was because nobody would pitch to him.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No.
    I can't understand people's interest in adding a scumbag to the team. If he was on the team, I'd be rooting for the Reds to get rid of him.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

4. Likes:

757690 (12-05-2019),Wonderful Monds (12-02-2019)

Anybody else on board to package Aquino, India and others and try to pry some mixture of Perez/Merrifield/Tim Hill/Ian Kennedy from KC?
    Obviously not all of them, but I'd love a deal centered around Whit or Salvador, provided he's ready to play.
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Anybody else on board to package Aquino, India and others and try to pry some mixture of Perez/Merrifield/Tim Hill/Ian Kennedy from KC?
    Obviously not all of them, but I'd love a deal centered around Whit or Salvador, provided he's ready to play.
    I like Whit, the other ones don't do too much for me.

A few interesting trade targets available for a CF-RF spot. Merrifield, Haniger, Marte, maybe AJ Pollock.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think the Whit Merrifield dream is over. Sorry Whit fan-clubbers/half of RZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

A few interesting trade targets available for a CF-RF spot. Merrifield, Haniger, Marte, maybe AJ Pollock.
    I still like Marte for Winker/India - ish and move Senzel to LF.

I think I'd be calling the M's to work out a Narvaez deal. I'd love to get Haniger with him but I'd move quickly before Dipoto gives him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think the Whit Merrifield dream is over. Sorry Whit fan-clubbers/half of RZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, do you think it's over because KC is no longer looking to trade him, because the Reds don't want/need him, or other/a combination of factors?
    -RichRed

Just curious, do you think it's over because KC is no longer looking to trade him, because the Reds don't want/need him, or other/a combination of factors?
    Reds don’t have a place to play him

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Mancini from Baltimore and his .364 OBP and .899 OPS from last season would go a long way towards shoring up any doubts about RF. India+Aquino for Mancini+Givens works for me.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I think my 2 trade idea of Merrifield and Mancini got both ruled out with Moose signing....had they been close to trading for either one, obviously 2b would be tagged for Whit, and now Moose will be the guy sparing Votto as oppose to Mancini.

I wonder if we now overpay for Haniger with India and Winker...if we go after an OF with controlled years, they better not get fleeced.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I wonder what it would take to get Bogaerts.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

14. Likes:

Randymack (12-06-2019)

Kansas City has always said that they plan to keep Merrifield. That hasn't stopped the rumors however.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I wonder what it would take to get Bogaerts.
    I suspect it would be a lot, but I like the target. Bogaerts had a .939 OPS last year and is signed through 2025 at a reasonable rate. I'm not too familiar with the Red Sox farm system but it doesn't look like they have any strong SS prospects on the horizon. I'm not sure if they'd bite on a Winker/Iglesias/Galvis/India type package but it's definitely worth asking.

Reds don’t have a place to play him
    I figure if you can play CF, you can play RF.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even Perez if he's healthy and available?
    -RichRed

was listening to Jim Bowden on MLB channel on Sirius, he claimed the Pirates would be asking for a very rich package for Marte because he is the biggest asset to flip for their rebuild and they have plenty of time to trade him.

Turn Off Ads?