• An Opener

1 25.00%
  • Bats Pitcher other than Stoudt

0 0%
  • Below AAA pitcher

0 0%
  • Someone not currently a reds asset.

0 0%

Thread: Who Starts for the Reds on Friday?

Who Starts for the Reds on Friday?

I just noticed the Reds currently only have 12 pitchers on the MLB roster (and 14 hitters) and only 4 of them have been part of the rotation. With Greene out for at least 10 days, it means someone else needs to start in his place for the series opener against the Braves.

I see the options as:
    1. Williamson - the off-day Thursday means he will be on 4 full days of rest between starts, so the Reds just skip Greene's slot and keep chugging along.
    2. Levi Stoudt - He has started one game this year in MLB though it did not turn out well
    3. An Opener - the Reds have done this a couple of times, but I just dont see it at the very beginning of a big series.
    4. Some other Bats Starter making their first MLB start in 2023- Wynn, Kennedy, Herget, Stankewicz...
    5. A deeper Reach - some below AAA starter (like Petty, Phillips, Acuna...) called up for a one game test or trade showcase
    6. Some player not currently part of the Reds organization.

No, I am NOT looking past the Rockies... tonight's game will be tough (though I expect Abbott to continue to excel on Wednesday).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who Starts for the Reds on Friday?

I think Ashcraft is due back this weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-this-weekend/

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-20-2023)

Lively going to pitch 7 innings of 2 run ball tonight, Reds win 7-3
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

goreds2 (06-20-2023),TRF (06-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I think Ashcraft is due back this weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-this-weekend/
    My Bad... i do not know how to edit a poll or I would add this as an option.

My guess is:
    Lively Today
    Abbott on Wednesday
    Off on Thurs
    Weaver on Friday (Pitched Sunday so normal 4 Days Rest)
    Ashcraft on Saturday (1st day eligible)
    Williamson on Sunday (5 days rest)

Lively
    Abbott

When Greene comes back, I'm guessing he replaces Weaver.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

IKnowNothing (06-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    I just noticed the Reds currently only have 12 pitchers on the MLB roster (and 14 hitters) and only 4 of them have been part of the rotation. With Greene out for at least 10 days, it means someone else needs to start in his place for the series opener against the Braves.

I see the options as:
    1. Williamson - the off-day Thursday means he will be on 4 full days of rest between starts, so the Reds just skip Greene's slot and keep chugging along.
    2. Levi Stoudt - He has started one game this year in MLB though it did not turn out well
    3. An Opener - the Reds have done this a couple of times, but I just dont see it at the very beginning of a big series.
    4. Some other Bats Starter making their first MLB start in 2023- Wynn, Kennedy, Herget, Stankewicz...
    5. A deeper Reach - some below AAA starter (like Petty, Phillips, Acuna...) called up for a one game test or trade showcase
    6. Some player not currently part of the Reds organization.

No, I am NOT looking past the Rockies... tonight's game will be tough (though I expect Abbott to continue to excel on Wednesday).
    Weaver.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-22-2023 at 10:04 AM.

Turn Off Ads?