Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Astros stolen signs scandal

Re: Astros stolen signs scandal

I’d like to see a lifetime (or at least multi-season) ban for Luhnow and Hinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

astros getting hammered sounds good to me. but other organizations like the red sox, brewers and others should also get some types of penalties.

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

So it WAS a big deal then. Vindication for those taking that position in this thread.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Without reading a single post on this thread I just think it’s dumb.

Every team has guys in the dugout looking for stuff to use to their team’s advantage.

Why in the world can’t a fastball be a 2 or a 3 or a 5? Why can’t they mix it up per inning as needed or just every inning. Why do they change signals up with a runner on 2nd?

Fastball always being a 1 is asking for cheating. Curve 2 etc.

Dumb

No I don’t condone the Astros cheating
    Cold takes exposed.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I'll love seeing mics shoved in the players' face asking "how do you feel that your manager got fired for this and you walked away scot-free?"

"Uhhh I'm not going to comment on that"

Altuve HOFer - Rose lifetime ban.

9. Likes:

DocRed (01-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.
    It’s not nearly enough.

Lifetime bans should have been meted out. It’s likely neither Luhnow now Hinch work in the sport again, at least, not in the MLB.

However, the paltry fine and lack of indication that they will vacate the Series title is troubling. This is a major, major scandal. Stuff like this is what alienates fans. Remember what the strike in 94 did to the game? And, that wasn’t really a scandal as it is about disgusting amounts of money.

The Astros have a $1.775B valuation. A $5 million fine? Cmon, man.
    Last edited by zerawkid; 01-14-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Other than the Astros and Red Sox, the other teams that have been rumored to be doing something similar have been the Brewers (Yu Darvish hinted at them doing this), the Dodgers, Rangers...who else?

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Altuve HOFer - Rose lifetime ban.
    Pluleeez

13. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-14-2020)

MLB rumors: Astros’ Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman wore ‘devices that buzzed’ as part of sign-stealing scandal, report says. Beltran's supposedly Niece is throwing these two under the bus.

When i watched Altuve hit that walkoff off Chapman, i said out loud, he hit that like he knew it was coming. And then all te cheating came out with stealing signs. The video of it he refuses to let teammates tear his jersey off which might expose it. If true they deserve a 2 year ban or more. Fore fit of pay

15. Likes:

Slyder (01-21-2020)

Haunted by walks

The other thread seems to be handling the breaking news, so I’ll ask these questions here. What would the game be like if MLB said, what the heck, use whatever you want — high-resolution spy cameras, microwaves, semaphore, smoke signals from the smokestacks, turn signals on the Toyota truck, whatever it takes?

Would the home team win 90% of the games? Would the defensive team come up with its own ... defenses? Would this trend just be absorbed into the ongoing tech advances? Does it really matter if you know Chapman is going to throw a fastball or Castillo is going to throw a wicked change?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The other thread seems to be handling the breaking news, so I’ll ask these questions here. What would the game be like if MLB said, what the heck, use whatever you want — high-resolution spy cameras, microwaves, semaphore, smoke signals from the smokestacks, turn signals on the Toyota truck, whatever it takes?

Would the home team win 90% of the games? Would the defensive team come up with its own ... defenses? Would this trend just be absorbed into the ongoing tech advances? Does it really matter if you know Chapman is going to throw a fastball or Castillo is going to throw a wicked change?
    I think this is the logical step. The whole thing would go away because they'd give the pitcher and catcher an earpiece and the manager or a coach would call the pitches into a microphone and those cameras would have nothing to look at except maybe the 3rd base coach. The technology exists to do what these teams have done and the technology exists to beat it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Commissioner's office is in hot water now. They seem to be saying: 1) that the Astros cheated in 2017, but not in 2019 and 2) that a larger investigation of the game is not warranted. No one believes this.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

19. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-17-2020),DocRed (01-17-2020)

From Alex Wood:
    I would rather face a player that was taking steroids than face a player that knew every pitch that was coming.

21. Likes:

The Operator (01-17-2020)

Turn Off Ads?