Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Astros stolen signs scandal

Re: Astros stolen signs scandal

Hmm....this is more widespread than I thought. Now there is video showing the Yankees cheated as well, *sigh*

https://twitter.com/HoodiePaxton/sta...htmode%3Dfalse

2. Likes:

REDREAD (11-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

To remain competitive, the Reds might have to hired some advanced surveillance experts.

5. Likes:

DocRed (11-13-2019),redsrule2500 (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    To remain competitive, the Reds might have to hired some advanced surveillance experts.
    ...and some highly skilled drummers.

7. Likes:

North (11-13-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hmm....this is more widespread than I thought. Now there is video showing the Yankees cheated as well, *sigh*

https://twitter.com/HoodiePaxton/sta...htmode%3Dfalse
    On a real note, apparently the Astros aren’t alone and one of the biggest offenders is one of our division rivals
    https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1...234627073?s=20

I seem to recall hearing accusations about the Brewers in the past, come to think of it.

9. Likes:

Todd Gack (11-13-2019)

It's such a lame thing. Completely invisible to the audience, and yet it changes the outcome. Cheapens the product tremendously, a product that's become shoddy in recent years as it is.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

11. Likes:

REDREAD (11-14-2019)

I believe they should be allowed to steal signs. I don't understand why this isn't acceptable.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I believe they should be allowed to steal signs. I don't understand why this isn't acceptable.
    I don't think stealing signs in of itself is the issue, it's using technology to do so that is the problem.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

14. Likes:

757690 (11-13-2019),alwaysawarrior (11-14-2019),Chip R (11-13-2019),cumberlandreds (11-14-2019),Number_Fourteen (11-13-2019),OGB (11-21-2019),Plus Plus (11-13-2019),Redsfaithful (11-14-2019),redsfanmia (11-13-2019),Revering4Blue (11-13-2019),Wonderful Monds (11-14-2019),Yachtzee (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    On a real note, apparently the Astros aren’t alone and one of the biggest offenders is one of our division rivals
    https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1...234627073?s=20

I seem to recall hearing accusations about the Brewers in the past, come to think of it.
    Might help explain why even during Castillo’s dominant run, he had such terrible games against The Brewers. If they knew a change up was coming of course they’d lay off of it.

Could have also been that he just happened to have bad games, but it was very peculiar at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-14-2019),JFLegal (11-14-2019),membengal (11-14-2019),OGB (11-21-2019),Tom Servo (11-13-2019),Wonderful Monds (11-14-2019)

Without reading a single post on this thread I just think it’s dumb.

Every team has guys in the dugout looking for stuff to use to their team’s advantage.

Why in the world can’t a fastball be a 2 or a 3 or a 5? Why can’t they mix it up per inning as needed or just every inning. Why do they change signals up with a runner on 2nd?

Fastball always being a 1 is asking for cheating. Curve 2 etc.

Dumb

No I don’t condone the Astros cheating

18. Likes:

redsrule2500 (11-15-2019)

I've thought this through, looked at all angles, thought about fairness, thought about the history of the game. I think the only outcome that everyone in the game will agree with is simple. It's the obvious solution. It would bring about world peace, and end famine. The Astros need to give the Reds Bregman. It's really the only solution that will appease all teams if you really think about it.

20. Likes:

Fil3232 (11-14-2019),redsrule2500 (11-15-2019),Revering4Blue (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

Every team has guys in the dugout looking for stuff to use to their team’s advantage.

Why in the world can’t a fastball be a 2 or a 3 or a 5? Why can’t they mix it up per inning as needed or just every inning. Why do they change signals up with a runner on 2nd?

Dumb

I think there’s a big difference doing it from the dugout and having to think about it and instantaneously just getting it in film.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Likely a big deal because it goes far beyond the scope of the proverbial runner on second relaying the signs to the hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Some of you just aren't cut out to follow baseball. You can't live and die second-guessing every decision for 162 games

The difference between using players/coaches on the field to steal signs and using cameras to steal signs is the same difference between using a weights to get stronger and using steroids to get stronger.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

Dumb

It's one thing to steal signs using players or coaches. The pitcher and catcher can change up the signs and it will take time for the other team to sort out the new signs. Also, players and coaches have to keep their attention on the game, so sign-stealing is a bit of a "divided attention" endeavor. However, using technology such as cameras and a dedicated staff member in the stands and you can figure out the new signs pretty quickly and relay that information to the dugout in short order. People complain about the length of games as it it. We don't really want to have pitchers and catchers taking up more time working out elaborate signal sequences to combat technological sign stealing, do we?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

25. Likes:

REDREAD (11-14-2019)

The Athletic is reporting that Alex Cora and Carlos Beltran were involved in the Astros 2017 sign stealing.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?