Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Re: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Looks like he's doing what Grandal did last season.
    He puts himself in a good position next year without a draft pick, but the signals all seemed to say that the draft pick wasn't an impediment towards him getting $75 million or even more. Reds, Rangers, White Sox, Cardinals, none of them offered anything better than what this one year cushion provides?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Unless the Reds are playing things really close to the vest with Castellanos I think this means the only chance for an upgrade is via trade for a SS. I mean, if they aren't beating 1 year at 18 million for Ozuna (who they were rumored to have been interested in) I don't see anyway they pick up Castellanos.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (01-22-2020)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Winker/Ervin platoon out produced Ozuna next year. My guess is that was the Reds thinking.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

6. Likes:

BRM13 (01-21-2020),hebroncougar (01-22-2020),Powel Crosley (01-21-2020),Randymack (01-22-2020),Red Raindog (01-22-2020),RED VAN HOT (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Winker/Ervin platoon out produced Ozuna next year. My guess is that was the Reds thinking.
    Same here.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

8. Likes:

Powel Crosley (01-21-2020),TRF (01-22-2020)

Ozuna needs to produce and he’ll get paid next year.

Or is he Puig-lite, a guy whose reputation exceeds his performance?

By Puig-lite I meant that he isn’t quite as “reputation” dependent.

Ozuna is a better player than Puig (I don’t think I I made that clear in the prior post) but I still think he is overrated. JMO.

I don’t know what this projection system is and it does seem fantasy driven...

But Jesse looks good despite the low PA.

https://www.fangraphs.com/projection...s=bat&type=atc

Maybe he thinks Atlanta is a great fit and his best shot at a ring. It's not always about just the money. ATL has an elite offense, he's going to get a chance to have a huge year.

This is frustrating.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

14. Likes:

REDREAD (01-22-2020)

I wasn't in love with Ozuna by any means. I am somewhat concerned at this point though about the prospects, or lack thereof, of getting another big bat. As I'm one in the camp that Cincy still needs one more if they want to be legit contenders.

There isn't much left in terms of the market beyond Castellanos. I don't see them going for Puig again. And it looks to me like Lindor and Seager aren't going to be moved.

At this point I think it's more likely than not, say 70-30, that beyond someone like Brock Holt, they aren't landing what I think they need.

16. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (01-22-2020),REDREAD (01-22-2020)

Winker/Ervin is probably an easy bet to outproduce Ozuna, But Ozuna probably outproduces any of the other Reds outfielders. I wanted him for RF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-22-2020)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Winker/Ervin is probably an easy bet to outproduce Ozuna, But Ozuna probably outproduces any of the other Reds outfielders. I wanted him for RF.
    With Ozuna’s arm in right field, base runners will go from first to home on a single to right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    With Ozuna’s arm in right field, base runners will go from first to home on a single to right.

Could be right, I don't know about Ozuna's arm. I just think even if all he does is what he's done in the last two years, its a lot more more than I expect from Aquino offensively. I have higher hopes for Senzel, but no real expectations. No idea what to expect from Shogo, but if I had to make a prediction I'd say no more than a .750 OPS. The Reds offense still isn't ready to win.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Could be right, I don't know about Ozuna's arm. I just think even if all he does is what he's done in the last two years, its a lot more more than I expect from Aquino offensively. I have higher hopes for Senzel, but no real expectations. No idea what to expect from Shogo, but if I had to make a prediction I'd say no more than a .750 OPS. The Reds offense still isn't ready to win.
    His arm is considered subpar for even LF.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Looks like it's Castellanos or bust. Unless BROCK HOLT! is going to have a career year.

We do need one more big bat to have a go at this, and I'm afraid we're done.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?