Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Does this have to be repeated for every player mentioned that isn't a game changer?
    Yes. Again.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Except for ss this years roster will be eerily similar to last years

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I prefer Didi plus Grandal plus a reliever over both of them. I don’t think Ozuna moves the needle that much. And he’d prevent us from spending elsewhere I suspect.
    Good points. The Reds need to find an impact up-the-middle guy. Corner OF strikes me as a side project.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (11-13-2019),Ron Madden (11-13-2019)

Should have gotten him a few years ago when the Marlins were holding a going out of business sale.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Should have gotten him a few years ago when the Marlins were holding a going out of business sale.
    Shoulda got Yelich

8. Likes:

Chip R (11-13-2019),Coopdaddy67 (11-13-2019),M2 (11-13-2019),Revering4Blue (11-13-2019),Tuff Nut (11-13-2019),WrongVerb (11-13-2019)

What am I missing here with this guy? He is a corner outfielder whose WRC+ is less than Winker/Ervin platoon (I am not sold on Ervin) at minimum price and Ozuna looks to be headed into the tank defensively. I don't understand the interest here for a 15-16M AAV salary on this guy especially for the Reds. Didi and Grandal are both very risky long term signings in my eyes but at least on paper they have merit.

10. Likes:

mth123 (11-13-2019),OhioRiverBarge (11-13-2019),terminator (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SErebel11 View Post
    Shoulda got Yelich
    Yep, Jeter didn't want talent back either.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post
    Except for ss this years roster will be eerily similar to last years
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SErebel11 View Post
    What am I missing here with this guy? He is a corner outfielder whose WRC+ is less than Winker/Ervin platoon (I am not sold on Ervin) at minimum price and Ozuna looks to be headed into the tank defensively. I don't understand the interest here for a 15-16M AAV salary on this guy especially for the Reds. Didi and Grandal are both very risky long term signings in my eyes but at least on paper they have merit.
    I'm with you. I really like a strict Winker/Ervin platoon in LF. Solid numbers and cheap.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

14. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (11-13-2019),SErebel11 (11-13-2019)

I'd much rather spend money on a SS, C, CF, or back end bullpen guy than a corner OF. The only way I see Ozuna as a fit is if Winker is traded.

16. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (11-13-2019),REDREAD (11-13-2019),SErebel11 (11-13-2019)

In the last playoff game (that St Louis lost) I saw two balls fall in front of Ozuna where he simply didn't try and i believe Winker would've gotten there - so it did not require special speed. I say NO to Ozuna.

18. Likes:

MrRedSkull (11-13-2019),REDREAD (11-13-2019),Ron Madden (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I also prefer Castellanos. No draft pick compensation for him to boot, something to factor in when you compare the two.
    What would it cost us...a 4th Round pick? I think I would lean Ozuna even if I had to give up the 4th round pick. Ozuna plays LF which is a position I would prefer to upgrade, and I may be overly influenced by Ozuna's 2017 season when he was healthy.

Agree with others Ozuna doesn’t move the needle. He’s a butcher in LF, and his bat is not that elite to make up for it.

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    Agree with others Ozuna doesn’t move the needle. He’s a butcher in LF, and his bat is not that elite to make up for it.
    His bat was elite in 2017 in Miami. I have read speculation (or excuses?) that he has not been fully healthy in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Ozuna makes some sense as not only is he a needed bat in the lineup but it also weakens a division rival in the Cardinals. You could say the same thing about Moustakas and Grandal as well which is why I am high on both. It's at least something to keep in mind.
    That only makes sense if those guys would go back to their 2019 teams if the Reds don't sign them. I have a feeling that if the Reds are bidding against the Cards or Brewers, they will lose. These guys will weaken their teams whether they sign or go as they will pull financial resources away from those teams getting other players if they stay.

Yes, the Reds signing FAs might strengthen the Reds, but it most likely has no effect on the strength of the team they are leaving.

Turn Off Ads?