Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Re: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If we are glad Ozuna turned that deal down, should we be upset the Reds offered him that deal in the first place?
    ha, good point.

personally, i'm not upset the reds offered him the deal. that was a very reasonable offer. i am glad the reds did not have to give up a draft pick and ended up with castellanos, though.

2. Likes:

HammerTime (02-04-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I think this reveals just how difficult it is for the Reds to get quality players to sign with them. My guess is that Ozuna wanted to play for the better team.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

JFLegal (02-04-2020),Kinsm (02-04-2020),REDREAD (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I think this reveals just how difficult it is for the Reds to get quality players to sign with them. My guess is that Ozuna wanted to play for the better team.
    agreed. it's also why "we" had to overpay for moose, imo.

7. Likes:

HammerTime (02-04-2020),Kinsm (02-04-2020),REDREAD (02-05-2020)

When you take a one-year deal you want the best team. You want to showcase your skills in the one season. Good team, more exposure, playoffs, all make a more attractive FA. And no qualifying offer attaches.

But on an LTC main issue is values, not team. 3 year term was likely a deal breaker. Ozuna figures - take a nice one year deal, Braves. Next off-season can get three years easy (1 + 3 = 4) with another shot at the jackpot.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-04-2020 at 04:28 PM.

We got five of the top fifty free agents. This hyperbole that the Reds can't attract players is just that. He bet on himself, simple as that. He actually made a comment at the beginning of free agency that he found the Reds intriguing. At one point people were predicting 5 years 100 million. Is it really any wonder why he would bet on himself and perhaps fall into a lot better contract?

10. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-04-2020),Kc61 (02-04-2020),ochoa30 (02-04-2020),redsman2007 (02-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    We got five of the top fifty free agents. This hyperbole that the Reds can't attract players is just that. He bet on himself, simple as that. He actually made a comment at the beginning of free agency that he found the Reds intriguing. At one point people were predicting 5 years 100 million. Is it really any wonder why he would bet on himself and perhaps fall into a lot better contract?
    He likely ends up in this same position or worse next offseason unless he has a killer season.

12. Likes:

Chip R (02-06-2020),REDREAD (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    He likely ends up in this same position or worse next offseason unless he has a killer season.
    Yeah, I feel like he got bad advice. It’s hard to imagine him getting a better offer than 3/$50M next year unless he reproduces his 2017. His only really OF competition this off season was Castellanos. Next year, he’ll have to contend with Betts, Springer, and Pederson. And Castellanos, Stanton, and Braun may all decide to opt out as well. I think he’ll have a tough go of it.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I completely agree, which is why it is a bet on himself. I am glad he turned the Reds offer down personally. With that being said he would only have to get a contract of more than two years 32 million which is likely imo.

If Castellanos opts out we might be doing the same dance next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    If Castellanos opts out we might be doing the same dance next year.
    Or Aquino break through and he are solid. Wishful thinking.

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-06-2020)

Turn Off Ads?