Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

Re: Reds Interested in Ozuna Per Heyman

I think I would rather have Yasiel Puig than Marcel Ozuna.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

Chip R (11-13-2019),cumberlandreds (11-14-2019),M2 (11-13-2019),MrRedSkull (11-13-2019),Powel Crosley (11-13-2019),RedseatHR (11-13-2019),Revering4Blue (11-13-2019),Rojo (11-13-2019),TRF (01-06-2020),Tuff Nut (11-14-2019),westofyou (11-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Why?
    This ownership and front office has just lied to the fans too many times for me to believe anything they say

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post
    This ownership and front office has just lied to the fans too many times for me to believe anything they say
    So after more than living up to their word on the rotation last year, they are just going to lie about getting bats and pocket about 40-45 million in free money just because?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    His bat was elite in 2017 in Miami. I have read speculation (or excuses?) that he has not been fully healthy in St. Louis.
    It’s not speculation. He has a chronically injured right shoulder. It required surgery last off-season and it’s not much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    So after more than living up to their word on the rotation last year, they are just going to lie about getting bats and pocket about 40-45 million in free money just because?
    Please, refresh my memory. What did they say about the rotation last year that came to fruition? Also, please name everything they did to improve the rotation immensely other than taking a 50/50 chance on Sonny Gray? And last but not least, let's not over sensationalize what this rotation did considering we rarely got more than 5 innings out of them and in turn it made our relief pitching that much worse. Roark and Wood didn't do crap for this team btw. Now, your turn, go.

8. Likes:

REDREAD (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Please, refresh my memory. What did they say about the rotation last year that came to fruition? Also, please name everything they did to improve the rotation immensely other than taking a 50/50 chance on Sonny Gray? And last but not least, let's not over sensationalize what this rotation did considering we rarely got more than 5 innings out of them and in turn it made our relief pitching that much worse. Roark and Wood didn't do crap for this team btw. Now, your turn, go.
    A 50/50 chance on Gray? Yes, Wood didn;t work out, but that is just the way sports goes sometimes. He got hurt and never really recovered. As far as Roark, he was an absolute improvement over the previous season options. While with the Reds he posted an ERA+ of 107. No, he wasn't an ace, but he was definitely a major league caliber starting pitcher.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    A 50/50 chance on Gray? Yes, Wood didn;t work out, but that is just the way sports goes sometimes. He got hurt and never really recovered. As far as Roark, he was an absolute improvement over the previous season options. While with the Reds he posted an ERA+ of 107. No, he wasn't an ace, but he was definitely a major league caliber starting pitcher.
    Yes, 50/50. Everyone in the world had him penned in one of two directions, returning to the ace 1st round draft pick he was about 4 or 5 years ago or finished. Nobody could predict with any confidence he would perform like he did last season.

So what did the Reds say prior to last season regarding starting pitching? That they would improve? lol, pretty hard not to when you've reached rock bottom. Big flippen deal.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (11-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I think I would rather have Yasiel Puig than Marcel Ozuna.
    For the money difference and what he would provide and also do in preventing upgrading other spots, I would rather even have Duvall back. heh

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by la-di-da-di View Post
    I would be very cautious with Ozuna. He has a chronically injured right shoulder and just beats the ball into the ground.

4/60 would be my best and final offer.
    I hate to think what you'd pay him if you were bullish on him.

You’re right. They did nothing. And the things they did do and accomplish were merely luck. Gummer is right. They won’t make any significant offense moves either this offseason. And if they do and workout it’s just 50/50 luck.

It seems like you want to attribute any good fortune (Gray) to luck. And bad fortune/injuries (Wood) to inability. Can’t have it both ways.

The Reds replaced 3/5 of the rotation last offseason. With two guys who had 1/2 upside. Wood and Gray. And a solid serviceable starter in Roark. And got Cy Young upside in the season in Bauer.

15-20 years ago I’d completely agree with your 5 inning comment but it’s a different game now.

I guess you agree with Mr. Gummer that the Reds offense will look exactly as it is now on opening day. That’s the argument you’re agreeing with.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 11-13-2019 at 06:04 PM.

I don't think the Reds are the least bit interested in signing Ozuna.

I've heard GMs claim that there's absolutely no truth to 90% of the rumors you hear this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I hate to think what you'd pay him if you were bullish on him.
    That is my bullish offer. I don’t see how one could reasonably be more bullish than 4/60.

Quote Originally Posted by la-di-da-di View Post
    That is my bullish offer. I don’t see how one could reasonably be more bullish than 4/60.
    I think he's saying you are paying a lot for a guy you aren't bullish on. I personally don't want him, wouldn't pursue him unless he becomes CRAZY cheap.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Yes, 50/50. Everyone in the world had him penned in one of two directions, returning to the ace 1st round draft pick he was about 4 or 5 years ago or finished. Nobody could predict with any confidence he would perform like he did last season.

So what did the Reds say prior to last season regarding starting pitching? That they would improve? lol, pretty hard not to when you've reached rock bottom. Big flippen deal.
    What moves would you like to see the Reds make this offseason to improve the offense?

Current state of fandom for many

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-14-2019),Revering4Blue (11-13-2019),Ron Madden (11-13-2019)

Turn Off Ads?