Thread: 2020 Olympics

2020 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2020 Olympics

Had to be done, but I feel awful for all the athletes that have been training for this moment their whole lives and are going to have it taken from them. To look on the bright side, I guess, there's a different group of athletes who are going to peak next year and would not have had an opportunity to be Olympians but for this postponement, so I guess I'm happy for them.

4. Likes:

M2 (03-23-2020)

There's a trivia question for you: What do Jimmy Carter and the Coronavirus have in common?

Don't see it happening in 2021...2022, yes...2021, no. Logistics are simply too grand to coordinate world-wide once firm dates can be established, which can't occur until the world basically has an all-clear, which won't be for quite a while. Think we're looking at no NBA postseason,...sorry, A.D., Lebron, PG13, Kahwi and Giannis. Probably looking at a 60 or 80 game baseball season with a 16-team playoff schedule. Probably looking at an 8-game College Football season with a 16-team playoff schedule as schools will have to have an all-clear before any school administration gets back to work postponing the start of the school year by a month or two, in addition to having to make a plan for making up all of the lost classes. There are no such things as light switches that just have to be turned on for any industry. So much is tied to everything else. It's the trigger effect.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?