• SS Jose Garcia

0 0%
  • RHSP Hunter Greene

16 22.86%
  • LHSP Nick Lodolo

40 57.14%
  • C Tyler Stephenson

12 17.14%
  • Other - Please specify in Comments or won't be counted.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #1 Prospect???

2019-2020: Who is the Reds #1 Prospect???

Redread is going to take this back over after this poll, he made a misstep on the first one but that's okay he'll bounce back.

2. Likes:

DocRed (11-17-2019),M2 (11-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #1 Prospect down on the farm?

We knew Lodolo was good (top pitcher in the 2019 draft) when the Reds drafted him #7 overall, but his control jumped up a level when he got to pro ball (0 BB, 30 K in 18.1 IP). His stuff is already legit. I suspect he'll start the season in Daytona and eat it alive. He's the first prime college arm the Reds have had since Mike Leake. I expect him to blast up the prospect lists early in the 2020 season.

All of these list votes are guesstimates on all of our parts, but Lodolo is a clear #1 for me. He's not only the most likely guy to be good in the majors, his 6'6" frame leaves him with projection to add to his already plus velo. His ceiling is ace. Extremely excited to see what he delivers in a full season.
    Last edited by M2; 11-17-2019 at 11:28 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Benihana (11-19-2019),Fil3232 (11-19-2019),REDREAD (11-18-2019),Tuff Nut (11-19-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I'll take Tyler Stephenson. I think things clicked for him last year and I expect him to be an above average major leaguer for a long time. Lodolo and Greene are a little too far off for me at this point.

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (11-18-2019),SErebel11 (11-18-2019)

For future rounds, would it be possible to make it so the results are visible once you have voted?

9. Likes:

DocRed (11-21-2019),Edd Roush (11-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    For future rounds, would it be possible to make it so the results are visible once you have voted?
    You’ll have to ask Redread that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    You’ll have to ask Redread that one.
    This thread is not set up that way

About 48 hours left to this poll, please vote - it'd be nice if we could get at least 100 votes on these polls.

About 48 hours left to this poll, please vote - it'd be nice if we could get at least 100 votes on these polls.
    Eh thats high.... get 60 or so early...later rounds you're lucky to get 35 votes or at least when I ran the poll a couple years back
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Eh thats high.... get 60 or so early...later rounds you're lucky to get 35 votes or at least when I ran the poll a couple years back
    You underestimate my fellow readers at RZone.

You underestimate my fellow readers at RZone.
    No. And leaving these polls open for so long tends to cause the ones who do vote to lose interest. This is usually one of the best parts of the off-season and I'm already bored with this and we haven't finished number 1 yet.

Of course, some of that may be the lack of near ready guys to be excited about.

These polls need to be public and only last a couple days. Counting the original poll that RedRead posted, it seems like we've been voting for a month on this one spot now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    No. And leaving these polls open for so long tends to cause the ones who do vote to lose interest. This is usually one of the best parts of the off-season and I'm already bored with this and we haven't finished number 1 yet.

Of course, some of that may be the lack of near ready guys to be excited about.

These polls need to be public and only last a couple days. Counting the original poll that RedRead posted, it seems like we've been voting for a month on this one spot now.

If you don’t like how it’s done perhaps you should volunteer your services next year.

17. Likes:

Z-Fly (11-22-2019)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I’ll go with Tyler Stephenson.

He’s the most important now that we lost out on Grandal.

19. Likes:

RedlegJake (11-21-2019)

Just a poll suggestion, but a new one every two days would put us in line to be done roughly by the start ST.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

21. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-22-2019),HokieRed (11-21-2019),Tuff Nut (11-21-2019)

For the record, I only posted this poll to fix the first one - since you all got on top of RedRead. The only reason I made this one a week long is because it's the first one - so I thought there'd be debate and I wanted it to get everyone into the mindset that the polls are active.

I believe a Monday morning poll and a Friday morning poll every week would suffice - that would get us a top 30 by the first of March and plenty of time to put an others poll up well before opening day. I think that uniformity is key, and would allow both our weekday and weekend voters to contribute. I also believe there shouldn't be more than 10 options, there should always be an other option, and the results should not be viewable until the poll ends.....but -

- ....it's not up to me, that's RedRead's decision from here on out. If you don't like the way he ends up doing it, whatever way that may be, I suggest you step up and run this yourself next season.

- - - Updated - - -

And that post isn't directed at any one poster - it's for everyone.

23. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (11-21-2019)

If you don’t like how it’s done perhaps you should volunteer your services next year.
    I've done it in the past. It's not you. I'm just not very excited about this crop of prospects. Most of the guys we're voting for seem like they would be more appropriately slotted in as the 3rd or 4th best prospect.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?