Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaswaynem View Post
    I think we need guaranteed right handed production in the outfield.

Sign Castellanos and count on 155 games in left field.

Sign Keuchel.

Trade a Winker and parts for another upgrade in the bullpen or rotation.

Imagine a lineup of

Senzel, Votto, Suarez, Moustakas, Castellanos, Aquino, Galvis, Barnhart.
    I want lefty bat in outfield not righty. We already have Senzel and Aquino as righties. So if southpaw is going we have 3 righty bats (Ervin, Senzel, Aquino), but when righty is going (way more often) we have 1 lefty, 2 righties. That's why Dickerson is better fit for me than Ozuna.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

mace (12-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Dick Williams up next on MLB Network. If anyone wants to hear him state the obvious.

5. Likes:

DocRed (12-09-2019),Ron Madden (12-09-2019)

My excitement balloon pops if we sign Ozuna...not impressed, and doesn't answer my personal feelings about the line up needs....Moose is ok, but two "oks" or less and we're still just floating around in the waters...

7. Likes:

JCM11 (12-09-2019),RED VAN HOT (12-09-2019),Tuff Nut (12-10-2019),Wonderful Monds (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    Dick Williams up next on MLB Network. If anyone wants to hear him state the obvious.
    Pineapple does belong on Pizza? Die Hard is not a Chrismas movie? The Reds aren't going to sign Rendon and Cole?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

We havent signed Ozuna (yet) and I notice a lot of fans hate it already. Curious as to why? I am indifferent at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    My excitement balloon pops if we sign Ozuna...not impressed, and doesn't answer my personal feelings about the line up needs....Moose is ok, but two "oks" or less and we're still just floating around in the waters...
    Two solid bats you can plug into the middle of the lineup everyday, won't kill you in the field and may each pop 40 homers in GAB?

How in the world is this popping balloons?

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-09-2019),Griffey012 (12-09-2019),kbrake (12-09-2019),LexRedsFan (12-09-2019),marcshoe (12-09-2019),OesterPoster (12-09-2019),reds77 (12-09-2019),Ron Madden (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Two solid bats you can plug into the middle of the lineup everyday, won't kill you in the field and may each pop 40 homers in GAB?

How in the world is this popping balloons?
    Because they've convinced themselves that we could get Mookie and Frankie.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

I'd be pretty content with Ozuna. My gut is that I'd prefer Castellanos though, even though Ozuna is the better defender.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-09-2019),Ron Madden (12-09-2019)

Betts and Lindor are pipe dreams. Both would cost the farm, and I would only listen on Lindor since Betts would likely bolt after next season. Ozuna is a good bat and decent defender. I know some prefer Castellanos over Ozuna, and I am ok with that as well. IMO you dont concern yourself too much with the defensive side of either guy because any ball over your head in LF is probably in the seats.

Yeah, I'd prefer Castellanos over Ozuna. But, we've heard nothing about him and Cincy. For all we know the Reds may have inquired and he might not want to play here.

17. Likes:

Chris Utz (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Because they've convinced themselves that we could get Mookie and Frankie.
    Not at all...I'm staying away from both of those guys (Betts & Lindor, overpaying for short stints)...I'm looking for a .300+ avg who can clutch hit with RISP and doesn't need to hit 30+ homers/sub .250 avg. We've had those guys in the outfield and they help us get to 70+ wins

Also agree, give me Castellanos over Ozuna, much better average to go with some power.
    Last edited by Redsville; 12-09-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Not at all...I'm staying away from both of those guys (Betts & Lindor, overpaying for short stints)...I'm looking for a .300+ avg who can clutch hit with RISP and doesn't need to hit 30+ homers/sub .250 avg. We've had those guys in the outfield and they help us get to 70+ wins
    There were 9 total guys who qualified for the NL batting title & hit .300+ last year.

jvs

20. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-10-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

No thanks on Ozuna. He’s going to get paid like he’s a 4-5 win player and I think he’s going to be like a .320ish OBP guy going forward. The Reds need more guys that can actually get on base. I was fine with one low OBP good slugging guy with Moose, they need a more legit option than Ozuna now.

22. Likes:

JCM11 (12-09-2019),Rdirtypirates (12-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    No thanks on Ozuna. He’s going to get paid like he’s a 4-5 win player and I think he’s going to be like a .320ish OBP guy going forward. The Reds need more guys that can actually get on base. I was fine with one low OBP good slugging guy with Moose, they need a more legit option than Ozuna now.
    I'd be surprised if the Reds gave Ozuna a larger contract than Moose.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Also agree, give me Castellanos over Ozuna, much better average to go with some power.
    I feel like those guys arent available.

Turn Off Ads?