Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Link?

I’d like to read about that.

Everything I see says the following:

She later changed her story and said he didn’t touch her.

Which, yes, absolutely means he’s an innocent little angel and did nothing wrong.
    If I get proof, do you promise to never accuse Chapman of this again?
    Because otherwise, it's a pointless and tedious exercise to try to find this info. I will post the proof in a new thread.. Just tell me if you are willing to comply.. Otherwise, stop derailing this thread.
    Last edited by REDREAD; 11-22-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Can’t imagine the Sox would go for it, given that trading Betts is almost entirely for salary purposes.

And I just can’t see them trading Bauer after bringing in his guys to run pretty much the whole organization in terms of pitching.
    Bauer has been very clear with his plans to take 1 year deals to maximize annual value. He knows it’s a business, everyone alongside him knows it’s a business. It would be surprising, but when plan A doesn’t go as planned, it’s time to push minimal feels aside and move onto plan B.

In the end it would pretty much be equivalent to trading Trammell for a top tier bat with a year left.

- - - Updated - - -

If they get rid of the juiced baseballs, pitching is gonna win out again.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

RedlegJake (11-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Bauer has been very clear with his plans to take 1 year deals to maximize annual value.
    when is the last time he commented on this? I know he made the statement a couple years ago, but I have not heard him speak of it in over a year.

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

Mets have interest in Starling Marte. Fits what they seek — strong defender in CF, righthanded hitter. Pirates still working on manager. Uncertain if he’ll be dealt. Cubs, Reds, Padres among others who will look at center fielders.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    If I get proof, do you promise to never accuse Chapman of this again?
    Because otherwise, it's a pointless and tedious exercise to try to find this info. I will post the proof in a new thread.. Just tell me if you are willing to comply.. Otherwise, stop derailing this thread.
    Sure, I asked for the facts for a reason.

Also, I didn’t derail this thread, I was pointing out why the comparison to the Chapman trade is dumb, as nothing can compare to the Chapman trade for what happened off the field prior to the trade.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

that would make a lot of sense for the Reds

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Keep seeing people talking about Ketel Marte of the Diamondbacks being available and the Reds being interested. Any truth to this or is it a Reds fans' fever dream?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Keep seeing people talking about Ketel Marte of the Diamondbacks being available and the Reds being interested. Any truth to this or is it a Reds fans' fever dream?
    I saw that in a linked article here somewhere. Can’t understand why the DBacks would be interested in trading him, and if they are, that the Reds would have enough of what they’d want.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I saw that in a linked article here somewhere. Can’t understand why the DBacks would be interested in trading him, and if they are, that the Reds would have enough of what they’d want.
    The only reason I can imagine they'd want to trade him is if they don't believe in the production jump and they feel they're selling high, or else there's something off the field that could blow up down the road.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I didn’t realize how much of a team friendly contract he is signed to. Wow. Assuming 2019 wasn’t a total aberration, that’s a dirt cheap bargain.

The question then becomes why I’m earth they’d want to trade him? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

He still bangs

Passan:
    “Amid the early and heavy movement in the catching market, one name in trades keeps coming up: Omar Narváez. The Seattle Mariners have shown a desire to move him, sources tell ESPN, and a deal could be completed soon. Narváez really can hit. His glove remains a major question.”

Would love Narvaez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes:

TRF (11-26-2019)

More on Narvaez. I'm not sure what the M's would want from us, but I'd love to have him. I'd see if they had interest in Winker for sure.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...z-catcher.html

He still bangs

Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    More on Narvaez. I'm not sure what the M's would want from us, but I'd love to have him. I'd see if they had interest in Winker for sure.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...z-catcher.html
    This article exposes some of his defensive issues, particularly with framing. But I still would love to have him.

Btw, this new Reds angle on coaches and development has me really wanting an analytics and tech savvy catching coach now. (If such a thing exists yet)

Why are people wanting to have one of the best rotations in baseball then turn around and hope they finding a crappy framing and defensive catcher to catch them?

Quote Originally Posted by SErebel11 View Post
    Why are people wanting to have one of the best rotations in baseball then turn around and hope they finding a crappy framing and defensive catcher to catch them?
    I’m not really sure that I believe framing numbers as they exist today. I think a catcher’s actual abilities that affect framing are heavily confounded by a combination of hitter and pitcher reputation as well as umpire tendencies to the point that the stat is not all that useful. Even if you believe the numbers, Barnhart has typically rated as a below average framer, so I’m not sure that you’d be losing all that much by moving on to Narvaez.

And certainly Narvaez is a major offensive upgrade, and if the Reds could swing a deal for both he and Haniger, I’d be quite interested.

Turn Off Ads?