Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Red Sox guy @Jared_Carrabis

is hearing rumors about a "major player" going from an AL team to an NL team. Neither team was in the playoffs last year. #ScoopCity
    #Trout
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

JCM11 (12-06-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Ok found some stuff on twitter now about this Jared #scoopcity stuff

Which one of you is this guy? LOL!
    https://twitter.com/J_white55/status...61337267552257

And this guy...
    https://twitter.com/BeANormalGuy/sta...58947458031617

I don't think it is too steep. I think Betts is a generational player. He's East Coast Mike Trout.

If the Reds dealt Castillo for him, and had say Wheeler (gone, yes I know) or MadBum in house, they are WS contenders. Right now.

Betts is that kind of difference maker.

I'll take the ring please.

But the point is moot because for whatever dumb arse reason, the Reds FO think Senzel is a CF, when he is clearly not.

Man talk about over valuing. I'd trade peak Votto for peak Betts, and peak Betts is happening right now. I might be one of the biggest Votto fans on earth.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I don't think it is too steep. I think Betts is a generational player. He's East Coast Mike Trout.

If the Reds dealt Castillo for him, and had say Wheeler (gone, yes I know) or MadBum in house, they are WS contenders. Right now.

But the point is moot because for whatever dumb arse reason, the Reds FO think Senzel is a CF, when he is clearly not.

Man talk about over valuing. I'd trade peak Votto for peak Betts, and peak Betts is happening right now. I might be one of the biggest Votto fans on earth.
    Betts would be a Red for all of one year. One. He may very well set a record for free agent contracts when he inevitably tests the open market. There’s absolutely no way that The Reds could afford to keep him.

Four years of Castillo, and let’s not forget you were adding other players going to The Red Sox into your proposal as well, is waaaay too much to give up for 1 year of Mookie Betts. Even as great as he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

7. Likes:

BRM13 (12-07-2019),CaiGuy (12-06-2019),CincyRed44 (12-07-2019),Coopdaddy67 (12-06-2019),HammerTime (12-06-2019),klw (12-06-2019),LexRedsFan (12-08-2019),Mitri (12-06-2019),MrRedSkull (12-07-2019),Powel Crosley (12-06-2019),RedlegJake (12-07-2019),Redsfan6272 (12-07-2019),redsfanmia (12-06-2019),redsman2007 (12-06-2019),Revering4Blue (12-06-2019),Ron Madden (12-06-2019),Sea Ray (12-06-2019),SErebel11 (12-06-2019),Tuff Nut (12-07-2019),wolfboy (12-06-2019),Wonderful Monds (12-06-2019),WrongVerb (12-06-2019)

NM (I moved my post to trade targets)
    Last edited by Redsville; 12-06-2019 at 06:11 PM.

It's not my message board but I wish we could save this thread for Reds Off season Rumors and post all trade ideas on the Trade Target thread.

10. Likes:

Hubba (12-06-2019),Revering4Blue (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    He's well connected and not one to just float things out there for attention/clicks. He doesn't care about breaking news.

Edit: I just saw he deleted it. Perhaps he was wrong, but it's just as possible that he deleted it when someone from the Red Sox told him to do so.

Edit #2: Nevermind, he said it while he was on radio today so it was tweet by the Barstool_Quotes account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    I can't find that Jared Carrabis tweet/news anywhere, was it deleted or not on Twitter.
    Sorry should have added that account too, he did say it on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    It's not my message board but I wish we could save this thread for Reds Off season Rumors and post all trade ideas on the Trade Target thread.
    As you know we try to control that every year, and fail miserably every time. It's a good idea, but takes a lot of effort from mods and discipline from posters.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-06-2019),Ron Madden (12-06-2019)

At least we haven’t tried the old “news only, take discussion elsewhere” threads, yet

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    As you know we try to control that every year, and fail miserably every time. It's a good idea, but takes a lot of effort from mods and discipline from posters.

15. Likes:

Crumbley (12-08-2019),REDREAD (12-08-2019)

Betts is an extremely good player. If you trade for Betts, you are very likely to get one of the 10 best players in baseball this year. You will get him for exactly one year, and pay him 20M, which is less than he is worth. He will probably produce 5-10M in surplus value.

Luis Castillo is a quite good pitcher. If you trade for Luis Castillo, you get him for 4 years, and will probably get something like 2-3 years of a top 20 in baseball SP out of him, maybe top 5-10 if he continues to improve, but probably not. You will probably pay him ~20M TOTAL for those 4 years, and get something like 25-40M in surplus value.

We can quibble about what a generational player is. I, personally, reserve that term for guys like Trout and Pujols, inner circle Hall of Famers, which Mookie Betts is a step below, imo. The issue isn't that Castillo is likely to be a better player, he is not. The issue is that 4 years of Castillo at one pre-arb and 3 arbitration years is MUCH more valuable than 1 year of Mookie at near market value.

You say "I'll take that ring please", but what do you think the Reds chances of winning a WS in the one year Betts is here if they trade Castillo for Betts? Like 5% maybe? Virtually no team is ever above 20% to win a WS before a season, and the Reds trading Castillo for Betts certainly does not make them anything close to the favorites.

jvs

17. Likes:

CincyRed44 (12-07-2019),Redeyecat (12-06-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (12-06-2019),The Operator (12-07-2019),Tuff Nut (12-07-2019)

I honestly don't know that trading a 5 win pitcher for a 7 win batter makes the Reds favorites to finish above 3rd in the division next year.

jvs

19. Likes:

CaiGuy (12-06-2019),Crumbley (12-08-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (12-06-2019),The Operator (12-07-2019)

be nice to wake up with tons of alerts on phone one morning detailing a bunch of huge moves made by the Reds the previous night including signing a starting pitcher (like Keuchel), a solid bullpen arm and a high reward bullpen arm (like Blake Treinen), while also trading for Lindor, Contreras and Betts.....downside would likely the best prospect left in the farm system would be Quin Cotton, but I could deal with that....

Report I saw was espn saying Lodolo, Richardson, and Winker. Where is Castillo being mentioned?

Absolutely nobody is denying Betts is a fantastic player.

You would be trading 4 years or control of an ace pitcher entering his prime for 1 year of Betts who would 1000000% test FA after the season.

Let’s put it this way: if the Reds offered Castillo for Betts the Red Sox would not even remotely hesitate and say yes. It would be a no brainer for them.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

23. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-07-2019),The Operator (12-07-2019)

If I'm trading Castillo to Boston, I'm getting Bogaerts and Benintendi in return.

Turn Off Ads?